ADVERTISEMENT

FH has beaten Alco 6 times in 3 years

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
I will be the first to stand up and credit Alco last night. The players and even more so the coaches had a masterful game plan of which I have not seen in a long time. The offense was completely over hauled. The defense was completely rearranged. Doing things they have not done all year. Putting kids in positions they haven't played their entire career. Not coming out to warm up. And it freaking worked! Every facet of it.

On the flip side one has to now wonder just what Alco has to do to beat their rival. With the school's all time scorer and a full host of seniors and FH putting the ball on the turf and a game plan of epic proportions they still came up short.

Fort Hill has now beaten Alco 6 TIMES IN 3 YEARS! And these were all very good Alco teams. For as good as Hansel gets credit for being the Alco coach he is now 0-4 against his rival. As hard as it is to beat a rival twice in a short amount of time only makes these stats mind boggling. That is just complete domination never seen before in this long time series. Not even at the freshman and JV level where they always played twice. What a great game to watch last night though.

Reactions: camper21502
the wildcat with #4 with an unbalanced line was a nice wrinkle by Alco. Also I dont think FH had an answer when Alco spread them out with the run/pass option

the wildcat with #4 with an unbalanced line was a nice wrinkle by Alco. Also I dont think FH had an answer when Alco spread them out with the run/pass option
towpath you are 100% right. How could fh have been so shocked that #4 would be in the wildcat, and run the ball! What the hell else was he going to do with it. Get your lb's up, your db's up everybody crowd the line, and let him do anything but run around the right side of your line, repeatedly! Make an adjustment for gods sake.
That is Hansel forcing fh to make adjustments. If he had ran that on the 2 pt conversion there's no way fh stops it.

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT