ADVERTISEMENT

FH at Friendship Collegiate

it sounds like FH is in Trouble.
Down 8-0 and Friendship is inside the 15 with a minute to go in first Quarter.
FH has punted on first 2 possessions

2nd Quarter 6:27
FH Logan Johnson long pass to Poling
kicked XP high snap incomplete pass
16-6 Friendship

FH stuffed on 3 straight play and had to punt.....................
Punt goes out of bounds at 9, holding Friendship
Friendship takes over at their own 4 with 4 minutes left in the half

Reactions: cumbfanatic
8 minutes to go still 24-6
FH is still running the ball, why not throw the ball and at least try to get back in the game?
if you score and they turn it over anything could happen, I hate when teams do this and just try to keep the score down. Hate seeing the streak come to an end like this

6 minutes to go FH fumbles at about the 29 of friendship and they turn it over, the drive was 5:28 seconds.
32 game winning streak is over
:(:(:(

8 minutes to go still 24-6
FH is still running the ball, why not throw the ball and at least try to get back in the game?
if you score and they turn it over anything could happen, I hate when teams do this and just try to keep the score down. Hate seeing the streak come to an end like this

That's an "old Cumberland" mentality. Watched Allegany do this multiple times in the 80s and early 90s. At first, you think, "Hey, good game. They kept it close." The more you think about it, though, you realize they weren't really trying to win. They played not to lose.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
FCA did not have as prolific an offense as MCC, but their defense was for real. Couldn't really establish any offense against them.

FCC was just the better team. Glad this private school shit is over though. Now they finally get to play a region school!

Reactions: FortHillFan89
If FCA had better coaching, they win this game by 45+ points, easily. Those kids down there just need a discipline coach and to learn to check their attitude. The talent is there.

FCA did not have as prolific an offense as MCC, but their defense was for real. Couldn't really establish any offense against them.
Not saying it would have made much difference, but these are the type of games I think it's better when you don't just have a few new wrinkles, but need a whole other set of sheets.
I know that's easier said than done, but with this team having a limited knowledge of Fort Hill, they could have shown them something they weren't expecting and maybe put Friendship on it's heels. You could then incorporate those looks going forward.

Listening to happy 105.7 Mark said that FCC would have 3 down line men and 8 linebackers basically and they would just swarm to the ball. That’s a very interesting defensive strategy but with the amount of athletes they seemed to have, it was the right strategy.

Listening to happy 105.7 Mark said that FCC would have 3 down line men and 8 linebackers basically and they would just swarm to the ball. That’s a very interesting defensive strategy but with the amount of athletes they seemed to have, it was the right strategy.
The Ol' 3-8 defense. Older than the flying wedge. /s

I didn't see or listen to much of the game, but was probably more of a 3-4 with very tight corners and the safeties playing up.

This is going to end up being a good thing for Fort Hill. Nothing motivates a team like being pissed off and they will be after this loss. It also gives them a chance to work on some things. Next week might provide that opportunity as well.

All in all, congrats to these young men, they have a lot to be proud of and will probably add more to that in a little more than a month.

Reactions: camper21502
If FCA had better coaching, they win this game by 45+ points, easily. Those kids down there just need a discipline coach and to learn to check their attitude. The talent is there.

Check their attitude? I didn't see any problems with any player. Better coaching? If you want to say there were too many penalties I see where you're going. The FH coaching can be questioned too for playing way too conservative, especially when what they were doing clearly wasn't working through the third quarter.

Check their attitude? I didn't see any problems with any player. Better coaching? If you want to say there were too many penalties I see where you're going. The FH coaching can be questioned too for playing way too conservative, especially when what they were doing clearly wasn't working through the third quarter.
I kind of felt like Apple accepted the outcome, and wanted to get out of there with no more injuries. After hearing his post game interview I’m pretty certain that’s the case. These boys were BIG... they got off the bus while we were waiting to get in, and immediately I heard a fan say “no way that guys isn’t at least 30 (yrs old)”. This is a program designed around getting a kid to college. They also have had an alumni get drafted into the NFL 3 years in a row now.

I kind of felt like Apple accepted the outcome, and wanted to get out of there with no more injuries. After hearing his post game interview I’m pretty certain that’s the case. These boys were BIG... they got off the bus while we were waiting to get in, and immediately I heard a fan say “no way that guys isn’t at least 30 (yrs old)”. This is a program designed around getting a kid to college. They also have had an alumni get drafted into the NFL 3 years in a row now.

Be clear this is a public school and every high school football staff should try to get as many kids to college as possible on scholarship. I didn't know about their alumni in the NFL. Do you have the names of those players?

The kids we’re pretty awesome from my point of view. Lots of pats on the back after the game. Helping each up during the game. Nothing but respect there. BoyzNBlue. I’m not going to make them out as world beaters but they were definitely big and fast. It was easy to see why they hung with Dematha for half a game. And I totally disagree with you regarding their size comparison. The ref on the red side was a funny dude and thought he tried his best to call a good game. It is what it is. It’s crunch time down the final stretch. I like the extra motivation. I’m very proud of our kids for fighting until the end.

Be clear this is a public school and every high school football staff should try to get as many kids to college as possible on scholarship. I didn't know about their alumni in the NFL. Do you have the names of those players?

Straight from the horses mouth

He also said over 100 college players, but no length of time given

FH is use to running into that ONE team that has that ONE kid going to a division 1 team... NOT 18!!! Wow

I’ve been watching film and reading articles on this team for 2 weeks. I didn’t think FH stood a chance today. It was amazing this game was as close as it was

Reactions: FortHillFan89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT