ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Alco basketball

FH survives at home against Mtn Ridge tonight. Cold shooting and bad defense almost got the Sentinels beat. They were down like 8 points with 5 minutes left. Started full court press and jumped on Ridge. The Miners are much better than they were earlier in the year. They should have a better record. Have played FH tough twice and took Alco to OT.

FH survives at home against Mtn Ridge tonight. Cold shooting and bad defense almost got the Sentinels beat. They were down like 8 points with 5 minutes left. Started full court press and jumped on Ridge. The Miners are much better than they were earlier in the year. They should have a better record. Have played FH tough twice and took Alco to OT.
Regardless of the sport and/or talent, never doubt a team coached by Tim Nightengale.

I kept waiting all night for FH to go to that full court pressure. FH creates a lot turnovers, and easy buckets off of that defense. I would use that defense from the opening tip, and run teams out of the gym. FH has the athletes to rotate guys in and out to get a breather. I'm not sure why he does it against some of the lesser teams on the schedule, but when he plays better teams, he backs off the full court pressure. He allows the opposition to get comfortable in their offense. The full court helter skelter pressure, forces teams out of their offense and comfort zone.

I kept waiting all night for FH to go to that full court pressure. FH creates a lot turnovers, and easy buckets off of that defense. I would use that defense from the opening tip, and run teams out of the gym. FH has the athletes to rotate guys in and out to get a breather. I'm not sure why he does it against some of the lesser teams on the schedule, but when he plays better teams, he backs off the full court pressure. He allows the opposition to get comfortable in their offense. The full court helter skelter pressure, forces teams out of their offense and comfort zone.
Could not have said it better. It was the intense full court press in the last 3 minutes that saved this game for FH. FH defense up to that point had way to many holes tonight. Lots and lots of uncontested shots for Ridge. Seemed like FH could not figure out how to switch when in man. Somebody always wide open. But have to give credit to Ridge for hitting those open shots.

hopefully a good game tonight. I did see they will not allow standing spectators all spectators will be seated

Reactions: ravemwp
hopefully a good game tonight. I did see they will not allow standing spectators all spectators will be seated
I hope so as well. Lets hope to be talking about the game, and not controversy in the end. Sometimes adults want to be the show.

Full house to start the JV game. Fire Marshall cut it off. Deep line out front in ticket line. Can't come in until someone leaves.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
76-47 FH wins. I wasn't there just reporting the score. Mikey apparently dropped a ton of points.

Also, in other FH news, Dave Christopher passed away today.

From midway thru the 2nd qtr FH completely dominated both ends of the court. The big man Owen inside had an incredible game along with Allen. The whole team was all in. Could have been a 40 point win.

From midway thru the 2nd qtr FH completely dominated both ends of the court. The big man Owen inside had an incredible game along with Allen. The whole team was all in. Could have been a 40 point win.
Totally agree, gotta add Anthony Burns, this kid was all over the court tonight. Doing so many things that don't always show up on the stat sheet. He played one hell of an all around game. Be proud young man, those little things don't go unnoticed.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT