ADVERTISEMENT

FH 32 Randallstown 6..... 2nd qtr

Randallstown looks like its playing its first game of the year. Bad snaps, having to call timeouts coming out of a kickoff, etc. You can see flashes of them being good, but too many mistakes to get any type of consistency.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Classic FH beat them so they have to suck post. The didn’t suck last week when they beat Gwynn park.
Not classic just stating the facts. they are horrible and you have to admit that. Doesn't matter who they play, they suck

Reactions: OneRing
Well I will say this about 1A this year...there are 3 teams that have a pretty good shot at winning the title. They all seem to be very even.

If anyone had asked most FH fans 3-4 weeks ago what type of chance they had at another title most would have said not much. But in typical Coach Appel fashion this team gets better each week down the stretch. They are starting to ball. Although the defense can still be suspect, they look miles better then when they started the season. They have a good shot. As does Catoctin and the Poets.

The good news is FH seems to be as healthy as they have been all year. Against Brunswick that was far from the case as many kids were sitting with minor injuries or playing through them.

Well I will say this about 1A this year...there are 3 teams that have a pretty good shot at winning the title. They all seem to be very even.

If anyone had asked most FH fans 3-4 weeks ago what type of chance they had at another title most would have said not much. But in typical Coach Appel fashion this team gets better each week down the stretch. They are starting to ball. Although the defense can still be suspect, they look miles better then when they started the season. They have a good shot. As does Catoctin and the Poets.

The good news is FH seems to be as healthy as they have been all year. Against Brunswick that was far from the case as many kids were sitting with minor injuries or playing through them.

???? I've been saying since August it would be FH and Dunbar in Annapolis again

No one will be within 3 td of FH. What happen to Dunbar they are a good 1A team I know, but this team supposedly had really good players

Reactions: Lagmeister
If anyone had asked most FH fans 3-4 weeks ago what type of chance they had at another title most would have said not much.[/QUOTE
Who thought FH didn't have a good chance at another State Title?? I thought they were the favorite.

Well, I never thought that. FH by 3 scores on everyone except Dunbar who seems to give FH the jitters.

Who thought FH didn't have a good chance at another State Title?? I thought they were the favorite.

FH had 3 returning starters come back from last season and those were offensive linemen. Two main long time coaches left. Since the 2013 title run started, most felt this year would be the most challenging.

FH had 3 returning starters come back from last season and those were offensive linemen. Two main long time coaches left. Since the 2013 title run started, most felt this year would be the most challenging.
Wasnt last year supposed to be the most challenging of this run? At least that's what I was always told

"CumberlandHSFB, post: ]Wasnt last year supposed to be the most challenging of this run? At least that’s what I was told

I think a lot of that had to do with Mikey Allen. People thought Miley Allen would be playing but he went to BW. If FH has their team with Brevan and Mikey the next two years, that may be the best team this area has seen, but it’s not going happen

For 1A, deep bench. It's the competition level.

Not to be negative but Randallstown had numerous delay of gain penalties and numerous fumbles between the center and quarterback. Not to mention that they did not know how to punt. I do not believe that For Hill stopped them without the numerous fumbled snaps and procedure penalties. I’m sorry but this Randallstown team was Terrible.
Fort hills defense is very average at best. Fort hill does have excellent special teams and they don’t make many mistakes. That’s a credit to the coaching staff

Reactions: BoyznBlue
This team beat Gwynn Park airl
"CumberlandHSFB, post: ]Wasnt last year supposed to be the most challenging of this run? At least that’s what I was told

I think a lot of that had to do with Mikey Allen. People thought Miley Allen would be playing but he went to BW. If FH has their team with Brevan and Mikey the next two years, that may be the best team this area has seen, but it’s not going happen

What? No freshman was going to change things this year. Everyone knows Mikey was never committed to football like what FH demands where hoops are irrelevant. He is better off where he is.

Last edited:
It says the next two years, I was talking about Brevan and him playing together the next two years after this year. He would have been relevant this year tho

It says the next two years, I was talking about Brevan and him playing together the next two years after this year. He would have been relevant this year tho
OK. my bad. I thought you were referring to this 2019 season only as that is what we were originally discussing. For sure losing Allen as a football playmaker down the road will be missed big time. But he obviously would have had to take more than half his basketball focus away at FH.

Maybe Braddock's best 8th grade player can make up the difference. He has already changed schools to play football for the dark side. I hear the ones who quit Hansel last year are following suite to the Hill. That is the world we live in today.

OK. my bad. I thought you were referring to this 2019 season only as that is what we were originally discussing. For sure losing Allen as a football playmaker down the road will be missed big time. But he obviously would have had to take more than half his basketball focus away at FH.

Maybe Braddock's best 8th grade player can make up the difference. He has already changed schools to play football for the dark side. I hear the ones who quit Hansel last year are following suite to the Hill. That is the world we live in today.

Yes. It is what it is. I think we have already arrived at the who-gives-a-shit level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT