ADVERTISEMENT

Early Line on the MR FH rematch…..

FH played massively flat last week. Although I give MR all the credit for capitalizing on that, if it comes down to all the marbles, I will still bet on the Sentinels. Now they have something to prove to themselves. That goes a long way.

Reactions: Dwj21
FH played massively flat last week. Although I give MR all the credit for capitalizing on that, if it comes down to all the marbles, I will still bet on the Sentinels. Now they have something to prove to themselves. That goes a long way.
I would really like to see what FH is going to do from here on out until they play MR again to change the outcome. Are they going replace any lineman who got pushed around last week and give some of the bigger guys on the bench a chance to get some playing time and experience so they don't get pushed around again? Will they let a certain fb who was catching everybody's eye during preseason but who hasn't gotten any playing time this season some reps? Most people said we needed a fb whose a little bigger and can get some yards when there isn't a hole. I'd like to see those committing all the penalties pulled from the game and sit a few series out so they know there are actually repercussions. Will the passing game be a little more strategic and less all or nothing. Will we continue to get our qb killed by having him throwing on long yardage situations. A lot of people are expecting this coaching staff to really respond to all the things they saw last week...I'm thinking they don't think they need to so they'll continue to do things exactly the same.

Reactions: 4R341 and Argox66
There seems to be tension between certain players. I was specifically looking at this stuff tonight and this stood out to me. I saw some high fives that were left hanging. I some some backs turned on congrats. If this doesn't change, I see MR winning again in Annapolis, if it happens. There are other fundamental issues, but it starts here. If this "team" isn't working as a unit, talented teams will focus on these ego-driven star players just like MR did. This has been a problem for FH in the past. Not recently, but definitely in previous years. And it seems to be one now.

He may not be quite as fast as the others, but IMHO, #20 is FH's best all-around back. As I've said before, with #32 as fullback blocking for him, I think he'd be a terror in the backfield. He keeps those legs churning, not afraid to hit, and he's not slow. Regardless, you can't grow a line overnight. Even a less athletic, but well-coached line will 9/10 win out in the third and fourth quarter. So, then there's that.

#15 should work on short, quick passes to frustrate and force man coverage. Then, try the deep pass. It also spreads out the linebackers and gets in their head. Most importantly, they need to be less predictable. Seems obvious, but even tonight's game was pretty predictable. Sure, Smithsburg isn't a stellar team. Which, is exactly why I would've passed 50% of the time. Who cares if you only win by 30 instead of 50.

Bottom line - have a deep situational playbook ready for adjustments on offense and defense. Also, I agree with 4inarowtopthat. Bench players for a series or two when they commit a "hothead" penalty.

Reactions: Argox66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT