ADVERTISEMENT

eagleinsider..Schedule update

ed r forshey

Hall of Fame Poster
Jun 16, 2001
The game between Maryland School of Deaf and Bellaire St Johns, Ohio will not be played now.

Bellaire St Johns canceled their entire schedule today, do to a lack of number of players.

Schools now looking for games:

2016-08-26 Dawson-Bryant (OH)
2016-09-02 Strasburg-Franklin (OH)
2016-09-09 Bridgeport (OH)
2016-09-16 Lowellville (OH)
2016-09-23 Valley Christian (OH)
2016-09-30 Weirton Madonna (WV)
2016-10-07 Maryland School for Deaf (MD)
2016-10-14 Wheeling Central (WV)
2016-10-21 Barnesville (OH)
2016-10-28 Steubenville Central Catholic (OH)

Thanks for the update. I'll update my open dates early next week and let you know who I still have as looking for games.

Here's who I still show as open for MD:

8/26
9/2- Forest Park-Northwestern, Lake Clifton, New Era, Southwestern, National Christian
9/9- Saint Mary's-Annapolis, Saint John's Catholic Prep, Ben Franklin
9/16- Bluford Drew Jemison, Central MD Christian (Home School)
9/23- Carver Vo-Tech, SEED, Green Street Acad., Maryland School for the Deaf
9/30- Western Tech
10/7- Maryland School for the Deaf
10/14
10/21- Friends, Col. Richardson, Central MD Christian (Home School), Green St. Academy, National Christian
10/28- Northern Garrett, Green St. Academy, National Christian, Silver Oak
11/4- National Academy, SEED, Green St. Academy, Potomac
11/11- National Christian

Eastern Christian is probably not playing this year but are open on- 8/26, 9/9, 9/30, 10/7, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4

Southern Maryland (Home School) is a new program I know nothing about. I only have one game for them, a game vs. Central MD Christian (Home School)'s JV program on 10/3.

Do you think some of those Baltimore City schools play each other Week 1 but just don't have it listed yet? If not, seems like the City schools are definitely not afraid of playing just 9 games.

Do you think some of those Baltimore City schools play each other Week 1 but just don't have it listed yet? If not, seems like the City schools are definitely not afraid of playing just 9 games.

The City schools that are open Week 1 are all Baltimore City Division 2 teams. They play each other later in the season.

I'd say about half of the City D2 teams usually only play 8-9 games. The City D1 teams usually make a pretty concerted effort to play 10 games. Patterson is travelling 3 1/2 hours or so out to Huntingdon (PA) in Week 9 because they couldn't find anyone else who needed a Week 9 games that wasn't a 1A school or small private school. Carver Vo-Tech is the only City D1 team I don't have a 10 game schedule for. They may be playing SEED or Green Street Academy, who are both open that week, as I don't have complete schedules for either one of those programs.

Green Street Academy is an interesting case as they're playing a mix of Varsity and JV teams and even one Freshman/Sophomore team this year.

I don't see Northern doing that. They always struggle with numbers. Looking for a game more like Silver Oak not Wheeling Central.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT