ADVERTISEMENT

Drop Chestnut Ridge, Well, Not Really

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
5 dollar admission instead of the 3 dollar Pennsylvania admissions we've become accustomed to. Conservative National Radio Personality Cal Thomas doing the public address announcing, but most importantly, the guy kept saying "P-Nits, get your hot, roasted P-Nits." I've no idea what a "P-Nit" is, though I'm pretty sure they come in a shell and you can freely discard the shells on the ground or floor without getting a dirty look from the middle aged ladies around you.

Arrive a full hour before game time only to squeeze into the last available seats on the Red Side.

Three and outs and quick turnovers resulting in short scoring drives and starters pulled early, how's a fella supposed to get noticed with only touchdown runs of 12 inches.

Loved Central a few years ago, loved Clearfield this year, didn't mind Chestnut Ridge 2 years ago, I don't know, I just kind of felt dirty watching Fort Hill play what appeared to be Northern Garrett's Freshman squad. Who would have guessed there would be such a drop off in talent. I miss Bo Bosch.

I know we're in a scheduling pickle, and I'm not foolish enough to really think we should scrap what is a very fruitful and in many ways perfect opponent. I miss Martinsburg, Musselman, trips to Shenandoah Junction and even the Hedgesville teams of the 1990's. I guess that makes me a bad, bad man.

Last edited:
Face it, the trips to the panhandle is over. I'd rather play them to, but for some reason we can't compete with them anymore. This years schedule is better then previous years. Chestnut Ridge is having a down year. I agree with you on Central. Good program with great football atmosphere!

Count me in as one who is happy FH bumped up their schedule this year. But did they go too far? Only time will tell. At least their schedule this year is tougher than most Class 4A schools. It's even tougher than the ones huge PG County schools are playing. LOL. Although I thought Curley was going to be very solid again.

FH may be Class 1A but they are too special to be playing teams their own size. Class 1A sucks.

The dynamics of Cumberland indicate that FH will have 1A talent into the future. But to force itself into a brutal competition is foolish. Allegany is shuttering. Fort Hill has had the birth of what remains. Nurture it for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT