ADVERTISEMENT

Cumberland homers?

Wait What????????
So an unsportsmanlike on the field, a player go nuts yelling at the ref and slams and kicks his helmet on the sideline and you want to know why the Referee Penalized him??????
The Coach then acted like a jackass and went onto the field yelling at the refs they waved him to get off the field and he kept yelling and stayed on the field and you still want to know why they flagged him????? Their job is to go talk to the coaches? good officials will talk to a coach but in no way do they have to for any reason. coaches want an explanation and sometimes they will get it and sometimes they won't when acting like idiots. Thinking the World is against you all the time is bad way to live and bad to teach his players this same way of thinking and the next thing you will tell us is that The Baltimore Riots were all on the Police and they should just sit back and let people get their frustrations out. No they should of warned them and gave them 5 minutes and opened fire just like the refs in this game they told the coach to get off the field and he refused so they penalized him. IT's Called Authority
just like the idiot Marshawn Lynch, he works for the NFL Owners and if they say he is to talk to the media, he should be there to talk and do what they tell him to as he works for them, if they tell him to dress up like a clown and talk to kids with a red nose and floppy shoes, he should be doing it or find another job that will pay you millions to play a game like a kid!!
SMH

Like I said, 16-year-old kids lose their cool during games. We've seen Alco and Fort Hill players also flagged for unsportsmanlike calls through the years. If you're a visiting coach with a lead in a close game and the refs give the home team 30 penalty yards, you should receive an explanation from the refs. What would Coach Harbaugh do in a similar situation? And like I also said, if you watch football (even on a peewee level) for the next 100 years, you will never see a team awarded 45 penalty yards. Refs were terrible that night and it was maybe the worst application of sports AUTHORITY I've ever seen.

But what does the Baltimore Riots have to do with any of this? I'm not sure what type of political agenda you are advocating here. In any case, it's an inaccurate and inappropriate analogy.

Refs were terrible that night and it was maybe the worst application of sports AUTHORITY I've ever seen.

Could this be a chicken or egg issue? Was the officiating so horrible as to cause the resulting behavior, or was the behavior so unusual and out of character to cause unorthodox officiating?

I'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of money (that I don't really have) that this was one of the strangest, most unprecedented officiating/game situations that any of those guys had ever been involved in. The referee that evening has been doing this for a while - I'm sure he's seen a lot of oddball behavior. I doubt he has been in a position to officiate a team that imploded and acted like that. I've seen plenty of kids locally get angry...but I am gonna say with confidence that I have never seen a player fling his helmet and react like that player did, nor have I seen a coach go quite that ballistic at the ref. And I've seen a lot of football up this way.

Maybe this is the norm in the DC and other leagues, but it doesn't happen up here. So in that case, maybe there is an argument that the refs were "homers" in that they expect the game to be played with a little more class.

This is hysterical. During homecoming, if Appel or Corn came onto the field and refused to leave - then pulled their team - they would be fired... And more, they would have to change their names and move out of town.

This is hysterical. During homecoming, if Appel or Corn came onto the field and refused to leave - then pulled their team - they would be fired... And more, they would have to change their names and move out of town.
You're correct, but totally different culture & principle perameters from WMD and the streets of the jungle... And, we wonder why our society is at DEFCON 1...

Could this be a chicken or egg issue? Was the officiating so horrible as to cause the resulting behavior, or was the behavior so unusual and out of character to cause unorthodox officiating?

I'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of money (that I don't really have) that this was one of the strangest, most unprecedented officiating/game situations that any of those guys had ever been involved in. The referee that evening has been doing this for a while - I'm sure he's seen a lot of oddball behavior. I doubt he has been in a position to officiate a team that imploded and acted like that. I've seen plenty of kids locally get angry...but I am gonna say with confidence that I have never seen a player fling his helmet and react like that player did, nor have I seen a coach go quite that ballistic at the ref. And I've seen a lot of football up this way.

Maybe this is the norm in the DC and other leagues, but it doesn't happen up here. So in that case, maybe there is an argument that the refs were "homers" in that they expect the game to be played with a little more class.

It was strange night for all parties involved. Coach Jeffries has also been at it for a long time, and like I said, his program produced 3 NFL Pro Bowl players, and several other NFL and D1 players. No excuse for walking off the field, no excuse for throwing a helmet, but that doesn't excuse the ref not communicating with the coach. If the ref goes over to the sideline and explains the calls there would no reason for the coach to be at midfield. It was already discussed here that throwing the helmet on the sideline was a judgment call. If Fort Hill goes on the road and is on the receiving end of 45 yards in penalties I think people would see things differently. My opinion is that it was bad officiating.

You're correct, but totally different culture & principle perameters from WMD and the streets of the jungle... And, we wonder why our society is at DEFCON 1...

"streets of the jungle"??? Interesting choice of words.

It was strange night for all parties involved. Coach Jeffries has also been at it for a long time, and like I said, his program produced 3 NFL Pro Bowl players, and several other NFL and D1 players. No excuse for walking off the field, no excuse for throwing a helmet, but that doesn't excuse the ref not communicating with the coach. If the ref goes over to the sideline and explains the calls there would no reason for the coach to be at midfield. It was already discussed here that throwing the helmet on the sideline was a judgment call. If Fort Hill goes on the road and is on the receiving end of 45 yards in penalties I think people would see things differently. My opinion is that it was bad officiating.

He coached at a highly populated urban school, so talent walked thru his turnstiles - big freakin deal. Give it up. Nobody is buying the sludge you trowel out. If he is remotely responsible for his talent then he is even more responsible for his players that trashed a restaurant and threw equipment on the field - a direct result of an example set by the coach... and... and he is especially responsible for his own behavior. You keep repeating yourself as though anybody is buying it. So finally your last resort is to glum onto someone's terminology. Give it a rest already.

Reactions: Red Neck
"the streets of the jungle"

This site never surprises me! Redneck u act as if teams from the city are all these wild creatures incapable civilized thought or actions! I've seen kids from Cumberland, Keyser, Frankfort, etc etc slam their helmets out of pure emotions! I've seen coaches from these same areas cuss the refs out while out on the field! I've even seen local kids destroy others property after a lose! So please stop with the holier-than-thou approach! What the Dunbar coach did was cowardly just say that, and that we can all agree on!

You are actually revealing the true mentality of some people on this message board and in WMD. It was ignorance when that guy 9 Route was stereotyping people from Cumberland and it's still ignorance coming from you. There's a clear double standard here because the moderator stepped in when 9 Route was saying it.

"the streets of the jungle"

This site never surprises me! Redneck u act as if teams from the city are all these wild creatures incapable civilized thought or actions! I've seen kids from Cumberland, Keyser, Frankfort, etc etc slam their helmets out of pure emotions! I've seen coaches from these same areas cuss the refs out while out on the field! I've even seen local kids destroy others property after a lose! So please stop with the holier-than-thou approach! What the Dunbar coach did was cowardly just say that, and that we can all agree on!
Of my 50+ yrs of watching high school football in the Cumberland area, I've NEVER seen this kind of behavior from any local team, including coaches. Defend & deny it all you want. I won't repeat what Lag already stated, so read his post and heed to it! Again, I asked why my post was "interesting choice of words"? You, nor anyone else can answer that question... Get a grip!

I thought I touched on it with my statement on city folk being uncivilized but I guess that didn't register. So... "streets of the jungle" sounds pretty comparable "the monkeys" or "the jungle bunnies" and all of the other racially disturbing terms I've had hear throughout 30+ yrs of existence. Communication is all about the interpretation, u communicated it and this how I interpreted it. And if u haven't seen or heard about the acts that I've spoke of, u need to release your grip on those blinders!

Look lets talk football! Your a big red fan as am I so lets stick to what we have in common and refrain from insensitive remarks!

You are actually revealing the true mentality of some people on this message board and in WMD. It was ignorance when that guy 9 Route was stereotyping people from Cumberland and it's still ignorance coming from you. There's a clear double standard here because the moderator stepped in when 9 Route was saying it.
You are STILL not answering my question? You are the attacker here, so knock it off!!! You can not tell me of one word I used that is offensive, which is why you can't answer my question...

Look lets talk football! Your a big red fan as am I so lets stick to what we have in common and refrain from insensitive remarks!
I agree, and if I stated something "insensitive", my apology. That is why I was asking for what was the problem with what I said... Since you just stated "insensitive" the only thing I can imagine was misinterpreted is "jungle"? If that's the case, I was not referring to African jungle, black/white, or none of that... Have you ever been to Vietnam in the 70s. That is STREETS IN THE JUNGLE!!! No respect for life by that culture. Nothing racial at all about it... If what I said is seen as a racial epithet then I see it as the one making the accusation is raciest, because that is not who I am. Again, I'm assuming that is what you are referring to, but I could be wrong. Regardless, whatever team it is, whoever the coach is, and wherever they are from that kind of behavior by Dunbar was totally uncalled for, but it didn't surprise me either... Peace & God bless ~

I thought I touched on it with my statement on city folk being uncivilized but I guess that didn't register. So... "streets of the jungle" sounds pretty comparable "the monkeys" or "the jungle bunnies" and all of the other racially disturbing terms I've had hear throughout 30+ yrs of existence. Communication is all about the interpretation, u communicated it and this how I interpreted it. And if u haven't seen or heard about the acts that I've spoke of, u need to release your grip on those blinders!
I just saw this post. I'm going to say one thing and let it go... This has been taken completely out of context. If one wants to think it sounds like something else then that is up to them. This world is full of too much hate, and there's no place for it on this board. Done!

And sir I totally agree with your sentiments! From reading your post in the past I've never thought of you as a person with race issues, I just misinterpreted your quote! And lastly, the coach and player both deserved the unsportsmanlike conduct because that's what it was! God Bless you as well sir!

"It's a jungle out there and we have to be careful." - Hill Street Blues. Stuff it BoyznBlue. Now you are trying to get a moderator to save you. FH suffered from that game from the type of mentality that you represent. It's pathetic and folks are tired of it.

Reactions: towpath94
And sir I totally agree with your sentiments! From reading your post in the past I've never thought of you as a person with race issues, I just misinterpreted your quote! And lastly, the coach and player both deserved the unsportsmanlike conduct because that's what it was! God Bless you as well sir!
Thank you very much +

"It's a jungle out there and we have to be careful." - Hill Street Blues. Stuff it BoyznBlue. Now you are trying to get a moderator to save you. FH suffered from that game from the type of mentality that you represent. It's pathetic and folks are tired of it.
There's also an area in L.A. referred to as "The Jungle". Not a place you want to be, especially at night :) This was just a misunderstanding, and I'll take the blame for it. I didn't mean to offend anyone...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT