ADVERTISEMENT

Catoctin Broadcast - Video and Audio by WTHU 1450

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Didn't realize the Catoctin radio folks bought video too. Cool to watch others talk about FH. Here is the link with video:
https://cool1450amwthu.com/high-school-football/

Their announcers have great praise for Carter Swan. Said he runs a 4.4 forty and has a 40" verticle. That's awesome!

Announcers also saying once the score got to 42-0 before the half that they cannot figure out what lit a fire under FH after they beat Southern 16-9. Something happened that allowed FH to find their "mojo". Since then they are beating teams senseless. Wonder what it could have been? FH should probably send Southern a thank you plaque. LOL

Last edited:
In the first Southern game I think FH had a letdown. It happens. When you roll over your scheduled opponents consistently it only makes sense that you will lack intensity in at least one game. I don't think they suddenly got inspired after that game. I think they saw what happens when they don't play with the intensity they normally do: they fail to get the blowout.

I wouldn't call murdering Catoctin as inspired football. A ridiculous mismatch can hardly generate an inspirational victory.

I am certainly looking forward to FH's workman-like game plan against Dunbar. This team appears to have a much better pass defense and a ground game equal to last year. I just don't see Dunbar coming up with enough big plays to win.

Didn't realize the Catoctin radio folks bought video too. Cool to watch others talk about FH. Here is the link with video:
https://cool1450amwthu.com/high-school-football/

Their announcers have great praise for Carter Swan. Said he runs a 4.4 forty and has a 40" verticle. That's awesome!

Announcers also saying once the score got to 42-0 before the half that they cannot figure out what lit a fire under FH after they beat Southern 16-9. Something happened that allowed FH to find their "mojo". Since then they are beating teams senseless. Wonder what it could have been? FH should probably send Southern a thank you plaque. LOL

The announcers on “their” broadcast said he was recruited by Bama and Michigan... that was news to me. I know of a offer from Towson but that’s it.

In the first Southern game I think FH had a letdown. It happens. When you roll over your scheduled opponents consistently it only makes sense that you will lack intensity in at least one game. I don't think they suddenly got inspired after that game. I think they saw what happens when they don't play with the intensity they normally do: they fail to get the blowout.

I wouldn't call murdering Catoctin as inspired football. A ridiculous mismatch can hardly generate an inspirational victory.

I am certainly looking forward to FH's workman-like game plan against Dunbar. This team appears to have a much better pass defense and a ground game equal to last year. I just don't see Dunbar coming up with enough big plays to win.
I wish you were right Lag but you know what they say every time Southern/Northern/Mt. Ridge has a good team, this will be their year or it will be different. I always say "until it is different it's the same". This staff has NEVER beaten Dunbar and Dunbar is going to put 11 men on the line of scrimmage and dare FH to throw. They have no fear, there is no thought they might lose. If you stop their run they can throw all day long. They showed last year you can stop them all day but a pass out in the flat for 5 yards or a quick stand up out to the wideout can both go for 80 yards in a flash. We can wish and hope all day but fh is going to do the same thing they do every time they play Dunbar and it hasn't worked yet.

Reactions: 4R341

I think you're right about the first Southern game. FH underestimated them.

As far as Dunbar goes, do you really think FH has a chance against them? I think this is one of the best Dunbar teams in quite some time. FH is firing on all cylinders. However, I still don't think they're good enough to beat Dunbar. I'll be surprised if they score more than a few field goals. Playing Dunbar the first game of the season is much different than playing them in the championship game. By that time, they're much more finely tuned. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

It will be a good game and fort hill will have a great chance. They will also be the favorite. I agree this is one of the better Dunbar teams. When Fort hill had those great teams with Ty Johnson Dunbar was not nearly as good as fort hill

It will be a good game and fort hill will have a great chance. They will also be the favorite. I agree this is one of the better Dunbar teams. When Fort hill had those great teams with Ty Johnson Dunbar was not nearly as good as fort hill
Dunbar was in 2A at that time, though. If Dunbar would've remained in 2A, FH would've been the state champion last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT