ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol Christian

A coach who is playing the game in a less than desirable situation because he "doesn't want to break a commitment".

Seems like FAET could take a lesson from Coach Thompson.

Eagle, I noticed you picked Kent Island to win this weekend on your Sunspot thread.

Any insights to the game as to how you see this matchup? I'm looking forward to the game, I would like to see it be a good contest, obviously hoping for a different result than your prediction though.

Originally posted by FHHSAHS:

Eagle, I noticed you picked Kent Island to win this weekend on your Sunspot thread.

Any insights to the game as to how you see this matchup? I'm looking forward to the game, I would like to see it be a good contest, obviously hoping for a different result than your prediction though.
I think it will be a real close game between two schools that know how to win consistently. It's a tough trip for Kent Island but they're also a larger school with a larger roster.

Kent Island is not your typical Eastern Shore team, being close enough to Annapolis that a lot of people live there and commute across the bridge for work. Kent Island and Queen Anne's are the only two Eastern Shore teams I think could be reasonably competitive in any public school league in the state (save for MoCo 4A). Any team that has won 9+ games every year since 2009 (with no losing seasons since 2006) will be a tough out. I could have gone either way but my gut said Kent Island wins this one. It should be a 1-2 score game either way though and it would not surprise me at all if FH won.

If you are ever up this way eagle for a game, let me know. Stadium pizza and fries are on me
smile.r191677.gif

For those that don't know eagle, he is always helping others find football games with his precise listing of teams with open dates. He and I didn't always see eye to eye in some of our previous football discussions (like letting the MIAA compete in the public school state playoffs), but it only makes for good conversation and debate.

Also, I spoke with the Capitol Christian principal today to help make arrangements with their bus up here next week. They only have 57 students in that school. And that is both male and female. 30 of them play football. They also have an exceptional basketball program.

Originally posted by TDHelmick:
If you are ever up this way eagle for a game, let me know. Stadium pizza and fries are on me
smile.r191677.gif

For those that don't know eagle, he is always helping others find football games with his precise listing of teams with open dates. He and I didn't always see eye to eye in some of our previous football discussions (like letting the MIAA compete in the public school state playoffs), but it only makes for good conversation and debate.

Also, I spoke with the Capitol Christian principal today to help make arrangements with their bus up here next week. They only have 57 students in that school. And that is both male and female. 30 of them play football. They also have an exceptional basketball program.
Playing 3 games in 8 days is admirable. Lets show them some South Cumberland hospitality by offering to have the F Club pay for their post game meal on the way home. Offer them a variety, have them choose, options are Mason's Barn, Ahern's Family Restaurant and Carmichael's.

Originally posted by PolkHighPride:
Originally posted by TDHelmick:
smile.r191677.gif

Playing 3 games in 8 days is admirable. Lets show them some South Cumberland hospitality by offering to have the F Club pay for their post game meal on the way home. Offer them a variety, have them choose, options are Mason's Barn, Ahern's Family Restaurant and Carmi
Everyone left when he mentioned free food paid for by FH lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT