ADVERTISEMENT

C.O.Y.

Coach ALKIRE certainly deserves it.

This was his first full season after the pseudo spring season in which MRHS beat FH.

Face it, there were doubters out there, and Coach ALKIRE proved he was up to the task this season. Following Coach APPEL’s tenure is no easy task.

Coach ALKIRE’s team was always prepared, and he responded to wins and adversity with grace and class.

I have to lean towards Alkire, and not just cause I'm a FH guy. I would put Patterson at a very close second place, based on his first half game plan in the state title game. That was the perfect game plan and if he hadn't been up against the best defense in 1A and had just a little more bench depth, that was going to be a runaway win. He came out of the gate with a trick play to set the tone of that first quarter, and put FH back on their heels.

However, Alkire (and crew) were able to coach themselves right back into that game and then some, taking solid control of the game by the time the halftime buzzer sounded. Unfortunately for MR fans, Patterson (and crew) weren't able to adjust quite as well on the fly and got themselves deep into a hole that was constantly falling in around them. A lot of times when we have these discussions about Coach of the Year, we're really judging the coaching staff, we realize the head coach doesn't make ALL the decisions, per se. Although he's usually the final call, the staff around him are the ones who prep the kids, instruct the linemen, set up the defenses, call the plays, etc...that goes a long way in making head coaches look really good.

I feel it's almost hard to debate that from top to bottom, FH has the best coaching crew in the region. This year they faced a pretty tough schedule, defeating two bigger, ranked MD schools and a pretty crafty hang -on victory in Hollidaysburg with a Covid-decimated roster. Utilized JV players in key roles. Dealt with tragedy. It's no doubt FH has some really good players, strong-willed kids who were able to play through a lot. But there was as much off the field as on the field stuff to deal with for the coaches this year, and they powered through it. Lead along the way by Coach Alkire. I really can't see a better argument for any other head coach in the area.

I have to lean towards Alkire, and not just cause I'm a FH guy. I would put Patterson at a very close second place, based on his first half game plan in the state title game. That was the perfect game plan and if he hadn't been up against the best defense in 1A and had just a little more bench depth, that was going to be a runaway win. He came out of the gate with a trick play to set the tone of that first quarter, and put FH back on their heels.

However, Alkire (and crew) were able to coach themselves right back into that game and then some, taking solid control of the game by the time the halftime buzzer sounded. Unfortunately for MR fans, Patterson (and crew) weren't able to adjust quite as well on the fly and got themselves deep into a hole that was constantly falling in around them. A lot of times when we have these discussions about Coach of the Year, we're really judging the coaching staff, we realize the head coach doesn't make ALL the decisions, per se. Although he's usually the final call, the staff around him are the ones who prep the kids, instruct the linemen, set up the defenses, call the plays, etc...that goes a long way in making head coaches look really good.

I feel it's almost hard to debate that from top to bottom, FH has the best coaching crew in the region. This year they faced a pretty tough schedule, defeating two bigger, ranked MD schools and a pretty crafty hang -on victory in Hollidaysburg with a Covid-decimated roster. Utilized JV players in key roles. Dealt with tragedy. It's no doubt FH has some really good players, strong-willed kids who were able to play through a lot. But there was as much off the field as on the field stuff to deal with for the coaches this year, and they powered through it. Lead along the way by Coach Alkire. I really can't see a better argument for any other head coach in the area.
oddly enuff, neither the alco or MR varsity kids missed time to covid-19 or the contact tracing all year. which is really impossible especially when you take into account the alco jv dealt with it a few times. Theres no way that can be if done by the book. FH was not so lucky.

Reactions: Dwj21
Not so sure, although he def deserves it. Could be Patterson/Hansel as Co-Coaches of the Year based on the turnarounds from their previous seasons?
Patterson/Hansel certainly had good years. however, they can’t surely can’t get the award over a guy that beat both their asses badly. His average victory Margain in the 3 games against those schools was like 30 points( and more than that if you count that last bush league garbage td in the state game). I know if I was one of those 2 other guys and they gave me the COY, I’d protest. Alkire all day. Only a liberal hack would say otherwise.

Patterson/Hansel certainly had good years. however, they can’t surely can’t get the award over a guy that beat both their asses badly. His average victory Margain in the 3 games against those schools was like 30 points( and more than that if you count that last bush league garbage td in the state game). I know if I was one of those 2 other guys and they gave me the COY, I’d protest and give it back. Alkire all day. Only a liberal hack would say otherwise.

Patterson/Hansel certainly had good years. however, they can’t surely can’t get the award over a guy that beat both their asses badly. His average victory Margain in the 3 games against those schools was like 30 points( and more than that if you count that last bush league garbage td in the state game). I know if I was one of those 2 other guys and they gave me the COY, I’d protest. Alkire all day. Only a liberal hack would say otherwise.
Appel didn't protest when he won it the same year Biser put 60-plus on FH and Keyser won by 30.

But let me guess, that was different 🤔

Appel didn't protest when he won it the same year Biser put 60-plus on FH and Keyser won by 30.

But let me guess, that was different 🤔
Did Keyser put 60+ on FH? I think it was 51, but I get your point.

I will still argue that Alkire is worthy this year for multiple reasons.

In 2012 keyser annihilated FH. That’s the year alco was supposed to be very good and a far less talented FH team beat them twice. That’s why Appel won COY. But yes I can see why that could be contested. Keyser got beat by Hampshire that year. Hampshire sucked. Tell the whole story 8

Not Fort Hill.
Going off of that post you had to go back 8 years to find an argument on why a FH shouldn’t be coach of the year?

also a simple Max preps google search would’ve gave you the correct score. In 2012 FH lost to keyser 51-22. FH finished that year 8-3 but most remembered for the back to back 21-20 wins over allegany and shoot out loss to Brunswick. You would’ve been better off cherry picking a year he won it with a loaded team and just had to put on a headset. That 2012 season was probably his greatest coaching season.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
In 2012 keyser annihilated FH. That’s the year alco was supposed to be very good and a far less talented FH team beat them twice. That’s why Appel won COY. But yes I can see why that could be contested. Keyser got beat by Hampshire that year. Hampshire sucked. Tell the whole story 8
What does FH giving up 50 to Keyser and North Hagerstown have to do with beating Allegany? BTW, Keyser beat Hampshire 56-6 that year. Try again.

Going off of that post you had to go back 8 years to find an argument on why a FH shouldn’t be coach of the year?

also a simple Max preps google search would’ve gave you the correct score. In 2012 FH lost to keyser 51-22. FH finished that year 8-3 but most remembered for the back to back 21-20 wins over allegany and shoot out loss to Brunswick. You would’ve been better off cherry picking a year he won it with a loaded team and just had to put on a headset. That 2012 season was probably his greatest coaching season.
But process said that scores of games are all that matters. You can't give someone coach of the year if they lose a game by 30 points, right? Yeah, FH beat an average Alco team twice. So? They lost to Keyser by 30. They gave up 50 points to Nort Hagerstown.

If you think losing that badly is actually winning the only thing you've shown is that you voted for Trump.

You think Biser should have won, right? Or does your standard only apply when it's a Fort Hill coach?
I don’t know who should have won COY in 2012. I just know who should win in 2021. You are far more anti FH than I am pro FH.

Who was the last coach to have an undefeated season, win the state title and NOT be C.O.Y.? I'll wait.

I don’t know who should have won COY in 2012. I just know who should win in 2021. You are far more anti FH than I am pro FH.
Yeah, you change the criteria of coach of the year to fit whatever the FH coach did that year, but I'm biased.

There is no one on earth more anti FH than you are pro FH. You're a cheerleader.

You know that coaches who lose by 30-plus points shouldn't be coach of the year. You've clearly stated that.

You think Biser should have won, right? Or does your standard only apply when it's a Fort Hill coach?
You would think it would be Embarrassing to ADMIT That You Didn't Vote for Trump and Voted For The Worst President and Vice President of All Time!! There is a Good Thing That Has Come of All of This... in The Next Election of 2022 The GOP Will Have The House & The Senate To Go With The Supreme Court and By 2024 With All 4 Will Change This Country So Much That Liberals Will Be Really Wishing They Lived in China!!

You would think it would be Embarrassing to ADMIT That You Didn't Vote for Trump and Voted For The Worst President and Vice President of All Time!! There is a Good Thing That Has Come of All of This... in The Next Election of 2022 The GOP Will Have The House & The Senate To Go With The Supreme Court and By 2024 With All 4 Will Change This Country So Much That Liberals Will Be Really Wishing They Lived in China!!
Embarrassing to vote for a guy with better GDP growth, job growth, wage growth than Trump. Sure, it is embarrassing to be that CORRECT sometimes. Imagine how much Republicans think Reagan failed when he had inflation twice as high as Biden? 🤔 BTW, the approval rating is still above Trump's. 😂🤣😅 The man gets you a job and this is how you thank him?

Embarrassing to vote for a guy with better GDP growth, job growth, wage growth than Trump. Sure, it is embarrassing to be that CORRECT sometimes. Imagine how much Republicans think Reagan failed when he had inflation twice as high as Biden? 🤔 BTW, the approval rating is still above Trump's. 😂🤣😅 The man gets you a job and this is how you thank him?
Creating a Virus in a Lab and giving money away then opening those businesses back up doesn't count as Creating a JOB!!

Creating a Virus in a Lab and giving money away then opening those businesses back up doesn't count as Creating a JOB!!

Yes, that's why Trump lost a record number of jobs. Why else did he intentionally downplay the virus and praise China for it if he didn't help invent it. Then he handed out record amounts of cash to help get re-elected, but he became the only president in force industry into shutdowns and it cost him the election. Yes, because Biden hadn't gotten your job back yet since he didn't take office, you were still able to be a part of the Trump terrorist attack on Jan. 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT