ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

GREEN75

All State Poster
Sep 22, 2009
What area team will rule the diamond ? BW / Alco/ FH / MR / Frankfort / Keyser ??

I believe you forgot southern & northern to put into the mix. MR I believe is the front runner, closely followed by ALCO, SHS, NHS & Frankfort. All these teams have @ least 3 quality starters on their staffs. I will speak about SHS because I'm somewhat familiar with them. 2 lefties, one of which can be dominant, and the Lohr boy as a rightie, who is in the mix for possible POY. McLaughlin boy starting as catcher as a freshman adds some speed & hitting to the lineup. Should be a fun year for the area because teams are pretty even!

I do not like to mention player names but I don't know their #s so I apologize ahead of time. Poling is a player no doubt, nice arm, good bat. The Beal boy Has a quality arm with some pretty good stuff. Don't know a lot of players other than those two.

I done gave up on Fort Hill baseball. They haven't had a winning season since 05. To much politics there. To many daddy's coaching there kids thinking their superstars. You could probably get a group of kids from the halls that would beat the team there fielding . Glad to see the change at jv level that needed done a long time ago. I think the Campers are the team to beat !! Southern and Northern a close second.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
If you're a baseball fan, this should be a fun year, that's for sure. ALCO has Imes/Bratton & possibly ONeal boy, if he moves up. 3 quality arms right there!

Kiwanis had a hell of a team last year. Copman is one hell of a coach !! Some of them kids don't even play high school baseball.

The football schedule has been posted here before. So far 9 games. FH still needs a Week 6 game. Finding that 10th game has proved to be very cumbersome and that is putting it mildly. Have turned over every possible stone. Unless something breaks that I am currently unaware of, FH will be forced to travel a greater distance than they would like. But we keep digging. There have been several MPSSAA options with the same open date. FH has even offered to pay for those teams to come here and then travel to them the next year on their own dime. No takers. Just being Captain Obvious, but Class 1A and 2A schools want nothing to do with playing FH even with that type of arrangement. Nothing has changed. I jokingly have mentioned to coaches that if they would put together a few two win seasons, scheduling would be much easier. I don't think they saw the humor in it :(

How does a not very good Alco JV team beat "the class" that will turn baseball around for FH. Not to take anything away from Alco but they dont have a whole lot on the JV team. Several kids that played last year are not playing this year and one went to BW

"I jokingly have mentioned to coaches that if they would put together a few two win seasons, scheduling would be much easier."

Reminds me of 2002. FH was coming off of a 3-7 season. Boonsboro, yes, Boonsboro, agreed to a two year home and home with FH. I am sure they thought Fort Hill was starting a down cycle and thought they could win. Well, Fort Hill won both games easily and we all know the rest of that story.....

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Never heard that one before. Just saying don't put all your eggs in one basket. Southern is doing the same thing with freshman class....time will tell on both

Last edited:
Next 2 weeks looks good for fort hill should win two. They will pitch their ace like last year aganist hyndman. Should win 5 or 6 this year.

Last edited:
Looking at the rosters in the paper and BW had 15 players..FH had 16...Alco had 12

12 on your baseball team??

just seems low

Wow..fort hill swept a double header in hedgesville. Did we make some changes? I can't remember the last time we beat them. Might be hope after all.

What happened Fort Hill#1 ???
Don't want to mention any kids names but some moves should have been made and some shouldn't have been made. No pinch hitting in some circumstances. They have had 3 kids quit this week and there will be some not coming back next year due to friends and family plan. What is sad is the boys are starting to play some good ball but coaches aren't doing their part.

Was @ the SHS / FT Hill game yesterday. FT hill has a nice team with some really good players. Pretty solid hitting team throughout the lineup and I thought, very sound defensively. Turned a nice DP in the first. Third baseman had a couple of nice plays. However, I was impressed with both catchers. I believe the Ft Hill catcher is just a sophomore and the SHS catcher is only a freshman. I'm confident in saying that there were no passed balls and only 1 stolen base, SHS catcher on the Ft Hill catcher, and that was more off the pitcher than catcher. SHS catcher is their leadoff hitter and has some speed. Rumor is he broke his nose on a collision last night with pitcher but finished catching the game. Pretty tough kid! Don't know the ages of Ft Hill players but I know they have some talent on the JV team so they can definitely make some noise over the next couple years.

Was @ the SHS / FT Hill game yesterday. FT hill has a nice team with some really good players. Pretty solid hitting team throughout the lineup and I thought, very sound defensively. Turned a nice DP in the first. Third baseman had a couple of nice plays. However, I was impressed with both catchers. I believe the Ft Hill catcher is just a sophomore and the SHS catcher is only a freshman. I'm confident in saying that there were no passed balls and only 1 stolen base, SHS catcher on the Ft Hill catcher, and that was more off the pitcher than catcher. SHS catcher is their leadoff hitter and has some speed. Rumor is he broke his nose on a collision last night with pitcher but finished catching the game. Pretty tough kid! Don't know the ages of Ft Hill players but I know they have some talent on the JV team so they can definitely make some noise over the next couple years.
Players can definitely make some noise but the coaches will silence it.

Alco and FH play today we all know how it will end. I will be at Campobello wearing my red but laughing at red simultaneously. I dont even know why I waste my time anymore.

friends and family plan in full effect for Big Red. Too bad they cant play BW and Hyndman each game. Has this coaching staph ever defeated a team they werent supposed to beat? Of course not they arent there to win. They are there to make sure their kids get preferential treatment. Everyone knows it and sees it. If their kids were as good as they think they are they wouldnt need to keep coaching and ruining other kids chances of going to college to play baseball. Coach Appel has his son in the football program. He wasnt treated any differently. Only played one way on the freshman football team. These yahoos that havent even had a winning season in baseball make sure their kids never come off the field, bat 1st and 4th on the jv team with 2 of the lower averages on the team. I know they read these boards. Just do everyone a favor including your kids and step down. You have made the FH baseball program the laughing stock of the school. The talent has been there but they run kids off by not playing the best players and making sure their friends and family are playing. They have been coaching at FH doing this for a while now and I am sure not one of their friends and family that they made sure was playing is playing anywhere in college. Yet they are dumb enough to think they did the right thing. LOL they dont know baseball.

Reactions: real world
Only watched 2 JV games this season , so I'll go watch them "better baseball" .If I didn't have a choice and only the varsity was playing today I would stay home and cut grass. At all levels of baseball as a player you always need to be coached it's sad that FH varsity coaching just fails these kids in every way possible .

I can see why Ackerman took his kid back to Frankfort. He seen the big picture !

Change won't come for two more years when the "staphs" kids are done.

nope another one coming. Lord forbid one of their kids has to earn the right to play. They cant have where that have to compete. Guys are beyond clueless. It's so sad what they have done and the school continues to allow it. You'd think Carter would know the game better to see what has been going on there for years.

nope another one coming. Lord forbid one of their kids has to earn the right to play. They cant have where that have to compete. Guys are beyond clueless. It's so sad what they have done and the school continues to allow it. You'd think Carter would know the game better to see what has been going on there for years.
it doesn't matter what Carter or anyone see or knows. The Problem in Allegany County is Head Coaches can not be fired for performance the only way is if they are fired from Teaching.
They could play whomever they want and not win a game all season and they can't be fired.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT