ADVERTISEMENT

Area leaders, football

5punisher3

Junior Varsity Poster
Aug 15, 2015
Saw this morning in paper, area leaders in football. Rushing, passing so on and so forth. What I didn't see was any mention of the other side of the ball, and hardly ever do. Don't get me wrong, I understand there's only so much when it comes to stats on the D side of ball not to mention the O line. However I believe there could be just a little more credit given to these positions than 1 small paragraph occasionally. Let's face it, everyone who watches high school football aren't the "experts" we are. They don't see the block the tackle just made, or the guard that just pulled and crushed a big name linebacker so a back could score on a 30 yard run and get lifted high in the air by a "lineman". They don't see the on going battle at the line of scrimmage, they see the QB throw an awesome 50 yd pass to a WR and score a TD, once again to be lifted by a lineman. They don't see the scales where the D line is outweighed by an average of 50 to 75 lbs across the board, but yet in the 4th quarter you guys are still after the ball like a pack of hyenas regardless of having your jerseys practically pulled over your head. "We" know who you are and see what you's do. We know your name's and number's. You may wear a red,blue, yellow, or another color jersey but "we" recognize you. For those boys who don't get their name in the paper or mentioned on tv "hats off to you young men", without yous the other names wouldn't be there. So in saying all that, if you know one of these young men and have a chance to shake their hand or pat them on the back, do it, it might make a difference in their day. Will say, Coach Eirich[spelling?] on ATLANTIC broadband gave credit to these positions throughout year, Good Job Coach!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT