ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on the injury to the ref at the Alco game?

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
I heard after the hit he was unconscious and didn't have a heartbeat. The School Board released a statement denying these claims but the first person to check on the injured ref was Alleganys field reporter Paul Miller who has 40 yrs exp. as a respiratory therapist. He checked the ref and was yelling call 911. Is the School Board trying to downplay the situation because they are to cheap to have an ambulance at the stadium? Does anyone have any further information? They were talking about it on the radio earlier but I missed a good bit of it.

Last edited:
I believe he is fine. Allegany County Board of Ed said there will be an Ambulance at all varsity events at the stadium now. This evening at the girls soccer game there were 2 Ambulance

Reactions: camper21502
Bad concussion is what I heard. Thankfully he will be ok.

I saw the whole thing from the booth. The huge Silver Oak tackle was engaged with and Alco player and literally ran over the ref. He was motionless for quite some time. The Alco trainer and reporter were first on the scene and did motion for 911 & ambulance. The trainer held his head still while waiting for transport. The ref eventually crossed his legs and once the ambulance crew came, he sat up, helped to his feet and put himself on the stretcher for transport.
I heard he was up and moving around the next day. Scary time at the stadium that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT