ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany find a 10th game

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
I heard on here that they possibly found a 10th game. Can anyone confirm that?

You heard right. The Campers have picked up a game for the second week with Perry Traditional Academy just North of Pittsburgh. As most of you will say; "I never heard of them," well the same applies for me.

However, Perry is a small school much like Silver Oak Academy. The are the Commodores and last year was 1-7 on the season. Coach Rutherford is their coach who has some major Division 1 and some NFL experience. He is also an Alum of Perry.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, September 8th at 2 p.m. at Greenway. Now before everyone jumps on the fact that they got this small school with a terrible record, remember how hard it is to get games anyway and especially this late in the year. Remember the old saying; "It is what it is."

I am just glad they could fill the schedule this late before the season opens. Remember, Allegany scrimmages Smithsburg tonight at the Stadium. Both JV and Varsity will scrimmage. Not sure how they are working that out. I'll be there, come over and chat if you see me there which I will be. :)

Like Jailer said, it is what it is, The subs should see a lot of playing time. Just for reference, last year, Perry lost to USO 40-0. USO lost to Fort Hill 75-8. If anything is positive about this game is that it's in a perfect spot in the schedule being right after the Dunbar game.

FH did play Perry Traditional at home in 2011; 50-13 blowout but I remember Perry throwing the ball possibly 50 times so. Perry hit a couple deep ones on the FH secondary if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Perry was a PA playoff team back when FH played them. They have had talent in the past. Seems like those Pittsburgh City league teams have all fallen in recent years.

They've taken a giant step backwards, but that's not Alco's problem. At least it's a game.

You heard right. The Campers have picked up a game for the second week with Perry Traditional Academy just North of Pittsburgh. As most of you will say; "I never heard of them," well the same applies for me.

However, Perry is a small school much like Silver Oak Academy. The are the Commodores and last year was 1-7 on the season. Coach Rutherford is their coach who has some major Division 1 and some NFL experience. He is also an Alum of Perry.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, September 8th at 2 p.m. at Greenway. Now before everyone jumps on the fact that they got this small school with a terrible record, remember how hard it is to get games anyway and especially this late in the year. Remember the old saying; "It is what it is."

I am just glad they could fill the schedule this late before the season opens. Remember, Allegany scrimmages Smithsburg tonight at the Stadium. Both JV and Varsity will scrimmage. Not sure how they are working that out. I'll be there, come over and chat if you see me there which I will be. :)
Agreed, Jailer. When you're desperate to fill a schedule, you gotta take what you can get!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT