ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany/Boonsboro Predictions

With both QBs out it should be alot closer.. Bratton was a big part of their offense..

I still think the running game of Alco's is more than enough for Boonsboro, as well.

Alco 31-24

Reactions: Argox66
I have no doubt there will be a N Cumberland versus S Cumberland rematch in two weeks.

This game will not be close. Allegany wins big. Allegany will "run" up over 500 yards of offense. Karson will account for over 300 of the yards.

Allegany 56
Boonsboro 21

Allegany County welcomes Washington & Garrett County schools to Cumberland for their annual thrashings.

Allegany Co,= 120 points
Grt & Wash Co. (combined)= 42

Boonsboro is not a strong team. If Alco’s 3rd QB can handle the center exchange and hand the ball off without fumbling then Alco will win this by a minimum of three scores. One of FH’s fumble recoveries was from a bad QB-RB exchange. The only way Boonsboro wins this game is if they can mount 12-13 play drives, eat the entire play clock and score everytime, keeping Alco’s offense off the field and hoping that when they are on the field they make some mistakes.

If Alco loses this game it means that they just have quit on the year after Homecoming. Alco wins this year’s rematch against Boonsboro.

He's talking about the games played already between Boonsboro, SG and NG vs Alco in regular season. It was an arrogant post but it is what it is .
Nope. talking combined points for this weekend. Allegany County (not just Allegany) puts up huge combined points.

Bratton has an arm! I was very impressed with his accuracy. As bad as fh's db's have looked at times, this might have been their best performance.
Yeah he can air it out with accuracy. I wish he had wrs that could catch the ball.. Every game he would have half of his passes dropped.. I have never seen a team drop that many passes ever..

Reactions: cumbfanatic
That said, could it also be the kid's coaching as well?
I'm not sure what coaching has to do with balls being dropped? Maybe has kids playing the wrong positions? I always thought if it hits your hands then you should catch it...

Reactions: Argox66
I'm not sure what coaching has to do with balls being dropped? Maybe has kids playing the wrong positions? I always thought if it hits your hands then you should catch it...

Camper21502.. here's what I saw. Let me know if you saw the same thing?

First off, I do think we went to the air in Homecoming too early and too much. That said, what really didn't make sense to me was the combination of routes our receivers were running. They all ran the same thing - a fly pattern straight down the field.

Every one of Bratton's passes, which as everyone has said, looked great, were the same pass. Because every route we ran was the same. No short or intermediate routes, and no routes that even had a break in them to try and shake FH defenders. No slants, no screens, not even a down and out to the sideline.

We ran Robinette decently well, and then we ran fly patterns in the passing. So I didn't see the mix of play calls and passing routes that we needed to at least try and have FH guessing at what we were going to run.

ConeyIsland is correct. I said the same thing during the game. All the routes were go routes. It was mind boggling.

Camper21502.. here's what I saw. Let me know if you saw the same thing?

First off, I do think we went to the air in Homecoming too early and too much. That said, what really didn't make sense to me was the combination of routes our receivers were running. They all ran the same thing - a fly pattern straight down the field.

Every one of Bratton's passes, which as everyone has said, looked great, were the same pass. Because every route we ran was the same. No short or intermediate routes, and no routes that even had a break in them to try and shake FH defenders. No slants, no screens, not even a down and out to the sideline.

We ran Robinette decently well, and then we ran fly patterns in the passing. So I didn't see the mix of play calls and passing routes that we needed to at least try and have FH guessing at what we were going to run.
I agree and I was thinking the same thing.. The playcallng just wasn't there.. I also would've liked to see our speedy backs on the outside more cuz the middle was pretty much shut down. Robinette had to work his butt off for 2-3 yd gains, they were on him as soon as he got back to the line of scrimmage..

ALCO still gets the win 35-21 ,that 1-2 punch 95 / 25 is pretty powerful. Or could we see 25 running the wildcat?

In 2017, Boonsboro football is a different breed.

For years, the Warriors have had a pedigree … show dogs if you will.

But this season, Boonsboro has gone from top dog to underdog with a lot of grit. It’s a new position for the third-seeded Warriors as they prepare to face second-seed Allegany in the Class 1A West semifinals Saturday at 1 p.m. at Greenway Avenue Stadium in Cumberland.

It will be the third consecutive year the two schools meet in the first playoff game — both won by Allegany in overtime by a total of four points. More recently, the Campers dealt the Warriors a 48-13 decision on Oct. 6, the last time Boonsboro (7-3) lost.

“I was concerned early on if we would be able to scratch out a winning season,” said Boonsboro coach Clayton Anders. “When we were at 3-3, we were telling the kids we had to stay ahead of the schedule at that point. We needed to win because if we had lost two in a row, we’d be in a hole that we may not have recovered from.”

After losing to Allegany, Boonsboro finished the season against North Hagerstown, Concordia Prep, Williamsport and Smithsburg.

Concordia was the unknown, but there was a feeling that the Warriors could win. As it turned out, it was a hard-fought victory which made Anders the winningest football coach in Washington County history.

But North was improved, Williamsport was hot and playing well and Smithsburg had its option offense running at a high efficiency. All three became coin-flip games for the Warriors, with a possible 4-6 record looming.

Along the way, Boonsboro was in the process of reinventing itself by making major adjustments in its play to become more competitive. That began after a Week 4 loss to Middletown.

“The coaches got together and reviewed the game film,” Anders said. “Middletown was better than us on the scoreboard, but we weren’t able to execute our offense. There were things we weren’t doing well in the basic Wing-T set. We changed to a pistol set to play to the team’s skills and it evolved.”

The Warriors surprised Spring Mills to “get ahead of the schedule” before losing to Allegany. Then Boonsboro ran the table with four straight wins to earn another trip to the playoffs.

Each week, Boonsboro came out a little different and a little more improved. The defense made statements in wins over Williamsport and Smithsburg. The offense found a way to get just enough to pull out the wins.

Now comes the rematch with Allegany. It is a familiar situation, but it has a different feel, especially since the two teams played just last month.

“This is three years in a row with Allegany, but it is different this year,” Anders said. “I’m not sure how we got here. The last two years, we knew we were going to make the playoffs, came in expecting big things and lost in overtime. The West is a region where the team that gets out of it, seems to go far in the playoffs.

“But this year, we weren’t sure we would be here.”

And here — back in the playoffs against Allegany again — is much different. In the past, Boonsboro had to work up an entire game plan. This year, since the two teams have played already, it will be a process of tweaking and improving.

“This time the kids will have a better understanding of how they have to play,” Anders said. “They know they have to be on their game and what they need to do to block their guys. If you are Allegany, you have to feel like you have this game.”

Allegany comes into the game at 8-2, coming off a 56-21 loss to rival Fort Hill, the top seed in 1A West. It was a costly loss for the Campers as they lost their top two quarterbacks — Cameron Bratton and Jakson Bauer — for the season because of injuries in the game.

Austin Miller, who finished last Saturday’s game, is projected to start after Bratton suffered a fractured ankle and Bauer went down with a broken collarbone in the loss.

“That was such a physical game,” Anders said. “In a good program, you find a way. The QB who finished the game did the right things. They might have to be more vanilla on offense, but Allegany already runs the ball about 85 percent of the time. Now it might be 90 percent.”

Boonsboro’s main concern is to squeeze out a better offensive showing against the Campers. In the first meeting, the Warriors’ only scores came on a busted play and a kickoff return.

Anders and the Warriors know this will be a challenge. It is one that they will be facing for the third straight year, but it will be different.

“I feel a little better than normal,” Anders said. “In 2015, we were 10-0 and thought we could get through the region and we lost 6-3 in overtime. Last year we had a nice club and had a shot to get out of the region and lost again in overtime.

“I seem to struggle in games where we are supposed to beat somebody. I’m more comfortable in the underdog role coaching.”

what is Anders Talking about?
" Last year we had a nice club and had a shot to get out of the region and lost again in overtime."
They lost to Alco the last 2 years and there was ZERO Chance of winning the West Region if ya can't beat Allegany when they are down there is ZERO Chance of Beating Fort Hill and Winning The Region
This guy is so laughable

Let me make this simple...

If you see the Boonsboro defense take the field on Saturday afternoon and they have a middle safety 12-15 yards off the ball before the snap, then you will understand why Coach Anders is never getting out of the West region in the playoffs or ever beating Alco or FH for the first time.

Watch the Commercial Video game of Boonsboro vs. Alco and look where #27 is lined up on defense every single snap. The worst part is even when Alco decided to pass the safety was still behind his man in coverage. Even when the Warriors are down late in the game by 5 scores and Alco has already rushed for 2 miles the deep safety is still there. I have no idea why coaches will continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Last edited:
Let me make this simple...

If you see the Boonsboro defense take the field on Saturday afternoon and they have a middle safety 12-15 yards off the ball before the snap, then you will understand why Coach Anders is never getting out of the West region in the playoffs.

Watch the Commercial Video game of Boonsboro vs. Alco and look where #27 is lined up on defense every single snap. The worst part is even when Alco decided to pass the safety was still behind his man in coverage. Even when the Warriors are down late in the game by 5 scores and Alco has already rushed for 2 miles the deep safety is still there. I have no idea why coaches will continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.
You are so right about that! Some teams have other teams number, they match up better, and whether or not he thinks his team is better as an underdog is irrelevant if they don't change their game plan entirely, a tweak is not gonna do it!
Personally I think it's an insult that he thinks he is ever getting out of the west region with fh and alco to get thru. I'll take allegany and third string qb over b'boro any day.
good luck campers!

Get rid of the safety and put another defensive player in the box!!

The safety is useless. The Warriors are literally playing 10 men versus 11 when facing a power run team that pounds the ball 90% of the time like Cumberland schools do. Yes, you are putting your other cover men in one-on-one responsibility.

Yes they brought up a few JVs. Wish they would run 95 less, as hard as he goes on every play.

Final 49 - 7. Allegany had some different faces on defense, won't make a difference next week tho

No, I don't remember 1 pass or qb run. Ran the ball at them every play with simple hand-off. A very few pitches on an outside run. Boonsboro didn't like tackling 95, he was running over people

Last edited:
Reactions: camper21502
Get rid of the safety and put another defensive player in the box!!

The safety is useless. The Warriors are literally playing 10 men versus 11 when facing a power run team that pounds the ball 90% of the time like Cumberland schools do. Yes, you are putting your other cover men in one-on-one responsibility.
For as much as I respect Phil Carr as a coach, I never understood him running that at Northern. If the idea is to take away the big play, maybe it does stop the 70 yard touchdown, but it's going to be at least 20-25 yards before that safety makes a play. If he's up with the rest of the defense, those plays are probably stopped after 10 yards.

Reactions: 4R341 and towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT