ADVERTISEMENT

Alco vs MR

If they are only missing 1 player due to last week, yes. Otherwise, probably not.

If they are only missing 1 player due to last week, yes. Otherwise, probably not.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Who thinks the Allegany kids will have an "us against the world" mentality especially in light of the suspension(s)? Nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal.
I do as long as it's only Fields thats out. I said in another thread that I think they can make up for his loss on offense. I believe that defensively is where they will miss him the most. I do think the kids will rally around the "us against the world" mentality. My thoughts are that the MR coaching staff will do a better job exploiting his absence, then trusting that the Alco coaching staff will find a way to replace his absence. Always fear a wounded animal, and if you overlook anyone it just may come back to bite you in the a$$.

Mountain ridge having the bye has to be a big advantage. They’ve gotten 2 weeks to just prepare for allegany

I think as closely matched as they are, missing #10 will be big. I think MR will win by two or three scores this time. MR coaching staff is very good and will certainly take every opportunity to exploit the passing game. And, they'll likely succeed.

Reactions: Tony54 and ravemwp
I think as closely matched as they are, missing #10 will be big. I think MR will win by two or three scores this time. MR coaching staff is very good and will certainly take every opportunity to exploit the passing game. And, they'll likely succeed.
I hate to have to agree with you. I really wanted Allegany to win this game but the coaches at Mountain Ridge are really on top of the game plan.

Reactions: 4R341
I thought about bumping up an old thread from 2021 about the Fort Hill Northern game. Ejections were discussed in that thread. 3 Fort Hill players were ejected previously for leaving the sideline and running out for a fight. They didn't make it to the numbers before they stopped and went back. There were all still disqualified from the following game against Northern.
Last Friday, NFHS film clearly shows Allegany's #10, #5, and #2 running out onto the field to jump into a fight in the third quarter against Smithsburg. #10 can be seen throwing a punch. #10 was ejected on the spot. Following history, the other two should be as well.

Since the guy on "Cumberland Forward" is asking the state and everyone else to review the film to see if #10 threw a punch, (he got a two game suspension for it) which it does show, they should also review that #5 and #2 also ran onto the field with #10. "Cumberland Forward " already agrees that running onto the field is a one game suspension so let's also enforce it with #2 and #5 since they did it also. One game suspensions for #2 and #5 as well. Good idea "Cumberland Forward".

I'm not a fan of the rule where leaving the bench is an automatic ejection and suspension. Leaving the bench is an automatic reflex and happens so quick in the moment. But it is the rule. I also don't like that some refs choose to enforce the rule while others do not.

I knew the minute #10 got ejected he wasn't playing against Mtn Ridge and no appeal process was going to change it. Whether #10 threw a punch or not, he left the bench. If a tangent of Alco fans and fathers wish to appeal a 2 game suspension down to 1, that I can see if no punches were actually thrown and video supports it.

HOWEVER, Alco is EXTREMELY lucky #2 and #5 are playing this week. They both also absolutely left the bench just as players before them did and were suspended. So I agree that if video is used to reduce a suspension it can also be used to impose a suspension.

Bottom line, #10, #2 and #5 for Alco should all be sitting out this week if video is to be used. Punches thrown or not. Can't leave the bench.

Last edited:
All 3 should have been ejected or none. It’s fairly clear that Isiah didn’t throw a punch. He was separating players and the player on the opposing team threw a punch. The officials and coaches should have gained control earlier in the game

Reactions: ravemwp and Dwj21
I'm not a fan of the rule where leaving the bench is an automatic ejection and suspension. Leaving the bench is an automatic reflex and happens so quick in the moment. But is is the rule. I also don't like that some refs choose to enforce the rule while others do not.

I knew the minute #10 got ejected he wasn't playing against Mtn Ridge and no appeal process was going to change it. Whether #10 threw a punch or not, he left the bench. If a tangent of Alco fans and fathers wish to appeal a 2 game suspension down to 1, that I can see if no punches were actually thrown and video supports it.

HOWEVER, Alco is EXTREMELY lucky #2 and #5 are playing this week. They both also absolutely left the bench just as players before them did and were suspended. So I agree that if video is used to reduce a suspension it can also be used to impose a suspension.

Bottom line, #10, #2 and #5 for Alco should all be sitting out this week if video is to be used. Punches thrown or not. Can't leave the bench.
Absolutely !!!!

All 3 should have been ejected or none. It’s fairly clear that Isiah didn’t throw a punch. He was separating players and the player on the opposing team threw a punch. The officials and coaches should have gained control earlier in the game
Then if they are going to use video, all three need to sit. Full period. Stop.

While I understand the knee jerk reaction to automatically want to run on the field - the bottom line is if you do it, there is a consequence. If there is a faction of people or parents who want to argue the length of the suspension being 2 games or 1, then so be it. But #10 has NO appeal to whether he was on the field or not. He was. A minimum one game suspension is in order. If they push the issue, there could be two more players who will also be suspended. And all three would be out for the next game.

So the discussion is, are the folks pushing for the review okay with the result being three suspensions vs one? Because those are the only two results that will come from the review. The number of games is irrelevant. IMO, it is feasible for Alco to win this weekend missing 1 player. They will not win missing 3 offensive starters.

So everyone, including the NAACP (which has NO business being involved in this), should be careful what they are wishing for. Because there is no positive outcome for pushing this any further, for anyone involved.

While I understand the knee jerk reaction to automatically want to run on the field - the bottom line is if you do it, there is a consequence. If there is a faction of people or parents who want to argue the length of the suspension being 2 games or 1, then so be it. But #10 has NO appeal to whether he was on the field or not. He was. A minimum one game suspension is in order. If they push the issue, there could be two more players who will also be suspended. And all three would be out for the next game.

So the discussion is, are the folks pushing for the review okay with the result being three suspensions vs one? Because those are the only two results that will come from the review. The number of games is irrelevant. IMO, it is feasible for Alco to win this weekend missing 1 player. They will not win missing 3 offensive starters.

So everyone, including the NAACP (which has NO business being involved in this), should be careful what they are wishing for. Because there is no positive outcome for pushing this any further, for anyone involved.
100 percent agree. In reality if Alco can get past MR without Fields their next opponent should be of lesser talent than MR, and could possibly advance without him. No chance of getting past MR with all 3 out. Alco is probably counting on #5 and # 2 to pick up some of the slack of missing # 10 against Ridge.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT