ADVERTISEMENT

Alco fascination w/ FH schedule

SS610

Junior Varsity Poster
Aug 2, 2006
Allegany wants Fort Hill to play all powerhouse schools so Fort Hill will not make the playoffs and continually knock Allegany out.

Allegany wants Fort Hill to play all powerhouse schools so Fort Hill will not make the playoffs and continually knock Allegany out.

Says who? I just want Hansel to get in on some of Fort Hill's cheap meat.

Lag, some of it is cheap meat, you're right but don't worry about alco getting it, they will by stuffed from it by HC.

Lag, you said you wish hansel would get some of fh's cheap meat. I'm assuming you mean some of the bad teams on fh schedule. I simply said alco will be full from it by the time homecoming gets here. Meaning Alcos cheap meat is from weeks 3-9. That makes them full of cheap meat by homecoming. Lag make your way to fh' weeks 7 and 8 and bring your buddy boyz. Then we can discuss this further about who really had the "cheap meat" this season.

FH excuse for everything is but Alco doesn't do it.... You guys have a powerhouse program so yeah people would like to see you guys play other powerhouse programs...

Last edited:
Lag, you said you wish hansel would get some of fh's cheap meat. I'm assuming you mean some of the bad teams on fh schedule. I simply said alco will be full from it by the time homecoming gets here. Meaning Alcos cheap meat is from weeks 3-9. That makes them full of cheap meat by homecoming. Lag make your way to fh' weeks 7 and 8 and bring your buddy boyz. Then we can discuss this further about who really had the "cheap meat" this season.

Allegany meat to come is more like inexpensive. Fort Hill's has been dirt cheap so far.

who has ended up with the most points in the region the last four years?

Doesn't that come from winning all the games but one and that loss was out of state. That doesn't diminish FH's talent or success.
DeMatha continuously has powerhouse teams. They should probably start playing small division 2 colleges.

Sounds silly, right?

I hope you don't think that I am suggesting FH play a tougher schedule. All I have posted is that FH should play 10 full regular season games and they should expect to play a tougher schedule due to their success. So far, it looks like they are having things their own way.

The only school ranked higher in MaxPreps is Melbourne. The Friendship game gives the edge to FH.

My posts about Alco have been that they too should slice them up some Serra steak and some Hollidayburger instead of CR and Dunbar.

Reactions: camper21502
Doesn't that come from winning all the games but one and that loss was out of state. That doesn't diminish FH's talent or success.

I hope you don't think that I am suggesting FH play a tougher schedule. All I have posted is that FH should play 10 full regular season games and they should expect to play a tougher schedule due to their success. So far, it looks like they are having things their own way.

The only school ranked higher in MaxPreps is Melbourne. The Friendship game gives the edge to FH.

My posts about Alco have been that they too should slice them up some Serra steak and some Hollidayburger instead of CR and Dunbar.
It absolutely comes from winning games...and getting into the playoffs, and winning championships, which is the goal. For anybody outside of FH to be concerned about who they play, powerhouse or not, as Todd has said "can try and do it better or get over it". I don't think anybody could do it better, just my opinion.

You used Maxpreps stats again and you did not add "for what it's worth".

You used Maxpreps stats again and you did not add "for what it's worth".

Sick of the disclaimers. If Helmick can toss out the strength of schedule numbers all the time, I can do whatever the hell I want. Fair enough.

Lag, you honestly put Chestnut Ridge in your post on the level with Dunbar. Chestnut Ridge will not win a playoff game this year and FH would mercy rule them. If FH played Chestnut Ridge you would certainly cry foul that FH is playing another weak team. The fact that Alco lost to them pretty handily did surprise me. Either Alco is not really good this year or Dunbar really beat them up in Week 1 despite the victory. Anyway, claiming that CR is not "cheap meat" questions your credibility a bit.

Oh, how you have quickly forgotten, Lag.

I do recall it was not too far off in the distant past that you were very concerned about FH not having a 10 game schedule because it would be taking opportunities away from players. That was your mantra at that time.

Well, with the current 10 game schedule of "cheap meat" FH plays and the simple fact that FH is that good, it has given first team players, second team players, and third team players multiple opportunities to play in the early season.

This will be my one and only post on the matter, so don't challenge me to go back and see where you consistently cried foul due to the missed opportunities the Sentinel team (players) would have if it only had a 9 game schedule. I don't have the time for it, but I do know it's true.

Oh, and as you mentioned, MaxPreps does mean something to you. You have proven it yet again.

Peace to all. :)

It absolutely comes from winning games...and getting into the playoffs, and winning championships, which is the goal. For anybody outside of FH to be concerned about who they play, powerhouse or not, as Todd has said "can try and do it better or get over it". I don't think anybody could do it better, just my opinion.

You know, I read a post and many times I don't take much notice as to who posted it before I start a response. I don't focus on people, just what I read.

I have liked a post by someone days after I had an exchange with them. So, to me, there is no concern about FH or getting over of anything.

If I can make a comment for fun, for Alco or against it.... for FH or against it. I just generally do that. Tha
Oh, how you have quickly forgotten, Lag.

I do recall it was not too far off in the distant past that you were very concerned about FH not having a 10 game schedule because it would be taking opportunities away from players. That was your mantra at that time.

Well, with the current 10 game schedule of "cheap meat" FH plays and the simple fact that FH is that good, it has given first team players, second team players, and third team players multiple opportunities to play in the early season.

This will be my one and only post on the matter, so don't challenge me to go back and see where you consistently cried foul due to the missed opportunities the Sentinel team (players) would have if it only had a 9 game schedule. I don't have the time for it, but I do know it's true.

Oh, and as you mentioned, MaxPreps does mean something to you. You have proven it yet again.

Peace to all. :)

You say this will be you only post... Mkay. I can deal with that. I am not to bother.... Mkay, check again. Then, you put words in my mouth.... Mkay, happens all the time. Then you say I've proven something about MaxPreps being important to me when my clarity about my position has been posted numerous times.... Mkay. I can leave all that to that.

I don't understand why there is so much talk on here about schedules. Especially coming from two teams that on average play 4 to 5 out of a possible 9 game schedule against the very same teams.

Going back 5 years, and yes I could have gone back a bit further, but I honestly don't care too much about this topic to do all that, Allegany and Fort Hill have played on average 4 out of a possible 9 games against the same teams each year. Ironically enough, this year will be the first time in 4 years that they won't hit the mark of playing 5 common opponents, as they only have 3 (Keyser, Mountain Ridge, Silver Oak Academy).

Now let's take a look at what both teams have scheduled out of the possible 21 other opponents they could have scheduled shall we:

To be clear, I am not counting Northern Garrett or Southern Garrett on either of these lists considering both schools have abandoned playing certain area schools. I only have each school listed once on each team's list even though many of these teams have played each school multiple times during that time frame. One additional note is that both Allegany and Fort Hill have each played one season with a 9-game schedule instead of 10-game schedule during that time frame.

ALLEGANY - MATHS, Ridgeway (PA), Calvert, Towson, Saint Charles, Harford Tech, Brunswick, Frederick, Dunbar, Williamsport, Boonsboro

FORT HILL - Central Tech (PA), Carrick (PA), Central (PA), Walter Johnson, North Hagerstown, Kent Island, Clearfield (PA), South Hagerstown, Sherando, Hollidaysburg (PA), Fairmont Heights, South Hagerstown, USO (PA), Westinghouse, Serra Catholic, Melbourne Central Catholic, Friendship Collegiate Academy

Obviously, as you can see from the amount of teams on the list, it is much harder for Fort Hill to get a schedule each year. They have raided the general Pittsburgh Metro Area, as well as Southern PA, in order to come up with a schedule each year.

If you look at both lists you can see that both are very similar in the type of teams each school has looked to fill those slots. You also have to give the slight edge to Fort Hill by looking at both of those lists when it comes to who had the tougher teams on it. I'm sorry Allegany fans but you do.

It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever, for Fort Hill, and to be honest any MD 1A school (obviously including Alco) to schedule anyone other than MD 1A schools. There are only four reasons why a school should/would schedule another school that is in a class above them. 1.) Rivalry Game 2.) Need to fill a open date 3.) In a tough region and need the points to make the playoffs 4.) Want to test your team and get them ready for the playoffs.

You can debate it all you want but why play games against teams in a higher class when the only benefit you get from it is a couple bonus points? This isn't even West Virginia where you can get an extra 6 points for beating a Triple-A team instead of a Single-A team. The most you could get extra in MD is 3 points for beating a 4A school. You aren't going to face that 4A school in the playoffs are you?

Coaches will lose their jobs if they don't make the playoffs at each of these schools! Heck, you could lose it even if you do make the playoffs, but don't get that far or if you stink up the joint along the way. So, I'm sorry, but I don't blame them if they pad their schedule a bit. And by them, I want to be clear, I am referring to both Fort Hill and Allegany. The name of the game is State Championships and you can't win one if you don't qualify for the playoffs. And let's face it, the 1A West has become the toughest region in 1A to qualify year in and year out.

I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of seeing 28+ point blowout high school football games. As longs as Maryland has the playoff system they currently have that is what you will see. I would love to see a Dunbar/Alco game at least 5 to 7 weeks out of the year. And by that I mean a back and fourth close game. Not a Dunbar/Alco match-up that many times in a year.

Things have changed and it is high time that the State of Maryland does and adopt a new playoff system in which every team makes the playoffs, regions are more evened out or eliminated altogether, and/or you are rewarded more for beating teams that are in a higher class than you.

The real debate that should be going on about schedules should be how some area schools still decide to duck other area schools and would rather drive an hour and a half to two hours to play a lesser quality team. Wait I know the answer to that... they want to make the damn playoffs as well.

Last edited:
Lag, you honestly put Chestnut Ridge in your post on the level with Dunbar. Chestnut Ridge will not win a playoff game this year and FH would mercy rule them. If FH played Chestnut Ridge you would certainly cry foul that FH is playing another weak team. The fact that Alco lost to them pretty handily did surprise me. Either Alco is not really good this year or Dunbar really beat them up in Week 1 despite the victory. Anyway, claiming that CR is not "cheap meat" questions your credibility a bit.

Hey guys. I'm just having a little fun, but also sensing a little fear here. Could it be that after bludgeoning such lowly opponents, folks are looking at Friendship and Melbourne and thinking, "We are expected to be as good as they are."

It's this gigantic swing from tub thumping to claiming lowly 1A status. Oh, and of course, back to bashing Alco.

I mentioned Dunbar and CR because they are ranked higher than FH meat. Gimme some uh dat cheap meat: USOstrich, Hollidayburger and Serra steak.

All in the spirit of good fun, of course.

I have seen FH-Keyser for 2 1/4 Quarters, Alco-Dunbar full game and Chestnut Ridge-Alco for 1 1/4 Quarters and
Chestnut Ridge is by far the best of all of those Teams, speed wise and strength they have both, very well coached and athletic. I know 19 out of 20 years someone would tell me that they are better than FH and Alco and I would tell that person they are nuts but I seen it with my own eyes, they dominated Alco so bad that night they were ready to come home midway through the 3rd.

I don't understand why there is so much talk on here about schedules. Especially coming from two teams that on average play 4 to 5 out of a possible 9 game schedule against the very same teams.

Going back 5 years, and yes I could have gone back a bit further, but I honestly don't care too much about this topic to do all that, Allegany and Fort Hill have played on average 4 out of a possible 9 games against the same teams each year. Ironically enough, this year will be the first time in 4 years that they won't hit the mark of playing 5 common opponents, as they only have 3 (Keyser, Mountain Ridge, Silver Oak Academy).

Now let's take a look at what both teams have scheduled out of the possible 21 other opponents they could have scheduled shall we:

To be clear, I am not counting Northern Garrett or Southern Garrett on either of these lists considering both schools have abandoned playing certain area schools. I only have each school listed once on each team's list even though many of these teams have played each school multiple times during that time frame. One additional note is that both Allegany and Fort Hill have each played one season with a 9-game schedule instead of 10-game schedule during that time frame.

ALLEGANY - MATHS, Ridgeway (PA), Calvert, Towson, Saint Charles, Harford Tech, Brunswick, Frederick, Dunbar, Williamsport, Boonsboro

FORT HILL - Central Tech (PA), Carrick (PA), Central (PA), Walter Johnson, North Hagerstown, Kent Island, Clearfield (PA), South Hagerstown, Sherando, Hollidaysburg (PA), Fairmont Heights, South Hagerstown, USO (PA), Westinghouse, Serra Catholic, Melbourne Central Catholic, Friendship Collegiate Academy

Obviously, as you can see from the amount of teams on the list, it is much harder for Fort Hill to get a schedule each year. They have raided the general Pittsburgh Metro Area, as well as Southern PA, in order to come up with a schedule each year.

If you look at both lists you can see that both are very similar in the type of teams each school has looked to fill those slots. You also have to give the slight edge to Fort Hill by looking at both of those lists when it comes to who had the tougher teams on it. I'm sorry Allegany fans but you do.

It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever, for Fort Hill, and to be honest any MD 1A school (obviously including Alco) to schedule anyone other than MD 1A schools. There are only four reasons why a school should/would schedule another school that is in a class above them. 1.) Rivalry Game 2.) Need to fill a open date 3.) In a tough region and need the points to make the playoffs 4.) Want to test your team and get them ready for the playoffs.

You can debate it all you want but why play games against teams in a higher class when the only benefit you get from it is a couple bonus points? This isn't even West Virginia where you can get an extra 6 points for beating a Triple-A team instead of a Single-A team. The most you could get extra in MD is 3 points for beating a 4A school. You aren't going to face that 4A school in the playoffs are you?

Coaches will lose their jobs if they don't make the playoffs at each of these schools! Heck, you could lose it even if you do make the playoffs, but don't get that far or if you stink up the joint along the way. So, I'm sorry, but I don't blame them if they pad their schedule a bit. And by them, I want to be clear, I am referring to both Fort Hill and Allegany. The name of the game is State Championships and you can't win one if you don't qualify for the playoffs. And let's face it, the 1A West has become the toughest region in 1A to qualify year in and year out.

I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of seeing 28+ point blowout high school football games. As longs as Maryland has the playoff system they currently have that is what you will see. I would love to see a Dunbar/Alco game at least 5 to 7 weeks out of the year. And by that I mean a back and fourth close game. Not a Dunbar/Alco match-up that many times in a year.

Things have changed and it is high time that the State of Maryland does and adopt a new playoff system in which every team makes the playoffs, regions are more evened out or eliminated altogether, and/or you are rewarded more for beating teams that are in a higher class than you.

The real debate that should be going on about schedules should be how some area schools still decide to duck other area schools and would rather drive an hour and a half to two hours to play a lesser quality team. Wait I know the answer to that... they want to make the damn playoffs as well.

On the one hand you say coaches will be fired for not making the playoffs and then on the other hand say the real debate should be how some area schools decide to duck other area schools.

The real debate around here isn't about substance anyhow. I don't think it ever has been.

I have seen FH-Keyser for 2 1/4 Quarters, Alco-Dunbar full game and Chestnut Ridge-Alco for 1 1/4 Quarters and
Chestnut Ridge is by far the best of all of those Teams, speed wise and strength they have both, very well coached and athletic. I know 19 out of 20 years someone would tell me that they are better than FH and Alco and I would tell that person they are nuts but I seen it with my own eyes, they dominated Alco so bad that night they were ready to come home midway through the 3rd.

You don't think that after having a touchdown called back right at halftime (tying the score) and immediately fumbling the ball to CR to start the 2nd half didn't take the air out of Allegany... and they just gave up.

But I also agree. CR is better than any school FH has played so far.... by a long way.

Reactions: camper21502
On the one hand you say coaches will be fired for not making the playoffs and then on the other hand say the real debate should be how some area schools decide to duck other area schools.

The real debate around here isn't about substance anyhow. I don't think it ever has been.

That is why I said I know the answer to that debate. They want to make the playoffs as well. I also would like to point out that I was saying that about why you don't schedule schools in a higher class. Those schools that are ducking opponents are in the same class of the schools they are ducking.

That is why I said I know the answer to that debate. They want to make the playoffs as well. I also would like to point out that I was saying that about why you don't schedule schools in a higher class. Those schools that are ducking opponents are in the same class of the schools they are ducking.

Fair enough. I have posted in the past that I think the schools should play a regular schedule and hit the books. The playoff system in WMD has forced young athletes to travel long distances when there are local teams they could play and it has become an expense for the schools.

It's great for the young men to play football. But the playoff system has blown everything up.

Reactions: beall02
Fair enough. I have posted in the past that I think the schools should play a regular schedule and hit the books. The playoff system in WMD has forced young athletes to travel long distances when there are local teams they could play and it has become an expense for the schools.

It's great for the young men to play football. But the playoff system has blown everything up.
Couldn't agree with you more!

Musselman beat CR. While the Applemen are a decent WV AAA playoff team they are far from top flight. Putting CR down as a heavyweight is laughable. I finally saw a video of the CR Alco game and Alco just got totally manhandled from the 2nd quarter on in every facet.

Put it this way, if Keyser and CR play that game is close into the 4th quarter. No question. Alco's win over Dunbar was nice because it represented the first significant quality team the Campers have defeated in a loooong time. But FH would not lose to Chestnut Ridge here, there or anywhere. And when the season is over everyone will discover the same thing we have seen the past 4 seasons. Like clockwork.

Musselman beat CR. While the Applemen are a decent WV AAA playoff team they are far from top flight. Putting CR down as a heavyweight is laughable. I finally saw a video of the CR Alco game and Alco just got totally manhandled from the 2nd quarter on in every facet.

Put it this way, if Keyser and CR play that game is close into the 4th quarter. No question. Alco's win over Dunbar was nice because it represented the first significant quality team the Campers have defeated in a loooong time. But FH would not lose to Chestnut Ridge here, there or anywhere. And when the season is over everyone will discover the same thing we have seen the past 4 seasons. Like clockwork.

Who in PA recorded the game? I didn't know they had a Commercial Vid program up there. Interesting you say Alco was manhandled in the 2nd quarter when they drove down and scored the tying touchdown with time running out in the half, which was called back.

Very Interesting. We will see if Keyser is so much better than Alco, as you say. Keyser looks pretty lowly to me.... and ranked pretty low this year. I guess we have to wait for Melbourne to see how truly good FH is. So far they've been rollin' out the meat wagon.

Last edited:
If Allegany shows up to play I don't see Keyser putting up much of a game. I heard before the FH game from a few people that follow area football that Keyser had a decent passing game but all they appeared to call was sprint roll outs to the left against the throwing arm of the quarterback who was under constant pressure and couldn't stop to turn and set his feet to make a throw.

Keyser has some size upfront but they appeared soft. Allegany's offensive line will blow them of the ball and angle block them to them bench. I don't see how this would not end up being a running clock at some point.

Where's the video? I would like to watch it...

I could care less about FH Schedule... I would just like to see them play a game that aint over in the 1st qtr. 50-0 blowouts aren't the kinda games I enjoy watching even when it's my campers winning big like that... They aren't a 1A school talent wise and havent been for yrs. The truth is FH would beat most 3A schools. I would love to see them take on another program as equal to theirs. It would just be a fun game to watch and who cares if they would lose, they still would be in the playoffs...

If you want to see a team equal to FH...have Allegany schedule them and quit bothering big brother with your schedule opinions.

BTW Boyz, how does FH schedule look for next year? It better be good because you will let a lot of Allegany fans down if it sucks. Boy, is the pressure on you. Hell, just when you got things going, here's a another game to add with the Keyser situation. You got your work cut out for ya' but I'm sure your fellow camper posters will offer to assist you. Git 'er done.

If you want to see a team equal to FH...have Allegany schedule them and quit bothering big brother with your schedule opinions.

BTW Boyz, how does FH schedule look for next year? It better be good because you will let a lot of Allegany fans down if it sucks. Boy, is the pressure on you. Hell, just when you got things going, here's a another game to add with the Keyser situation. You got your work cut out for ya' but I'm sure your fellow camper posters will offer to assist you. Git 'er done.

Alco fans have reached singularity - so bizarre to watch all the sturm und drang in a FH echo chamber.

what would happen if fh posters completely ignored all allegany posters...hmmm

You don't think that after having a touchdown called back right at halftime (tying the score) and immediately fumbling the ball to CR to start the 2nd half didn't take the air out of Allegany... and they just gave up.

But I also agree. CR is better than any school FH has played so far.... by a long way.
I just think that Chestnut Ridge is the best team I have seen this year. I think they could beat Allegany 9 out of 10 times this year if they played each week.
Although I do think if Allegany and Fort Hill both play their best game at Homecoming Allegany Wins, I just see them as the better team.
I think C. Ridge will finish 9-1 with the loss coming to Musselman whom I think goes 9-1 or 10-0, that Martinsburg game would be fun to watch.

I would set the Homecoming line at FH by two or more touchdowns at this week 4 point. Alco wont score more than 14. Alco defense can't stop FH when they have the ball. Not even close. Same ole results.

I would set the Homecoming line at FH by two or more touchdowns at this week 4 point. Alco wont score more than 14. Alco defense can't stop FH when they have the ball. Not even close. Same ole results.
are you sure? i mean fh has no speed, they have no qb, their db's can't defend, and allegany has all of the above and they have been hitting the weights like crazy, and their coach has completely turned things around...i''m just sayin' what the experts were saying even before the first game was played.

Reactions: SS610
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT