ADVERTISEMENT

Alco @Boonsboro

Hansel said we gotta win out to give ourselves a chance.. LOL With Keyser,Southern and FH left they might lose all 3..

Seems like the Cumberland schools not making it out of the West this year is a distinct possibility.

Boonsboro only scored 34 against Silver Oak and they scored 55 against Allegany.
They said Alco is known as the team that knocks them out of the playoffs every yr. They wanted this game bad. It's the first time they ever beat Alco. Their fans were acting like they just won State.

They said Alco is known as the team that knocks them out of the playoffs every yr. They wanted this game bad. It's the first time they ever beat Alco. Their fans were acting like they just won State.
I can understand what the Boonsboro fans were feeling tonight. I know that Beall and Mountain Ridge have beaten Alco and Fort Hill (I know MR hasn't yet but Beall did) and every time we beat them, no matter the records you feel that way. That is what Allegany and Fort Hill football means to the rest of the state.

21 yd td run... ZERO DEFENSE! 28-19 @ end of the 1st.
So from an Allegany person I'd like to know what you thought was the problem with the offense. It went from no defense neither time will stop each other 19 first quarter points to only 7 the rest of the game. I get the defense has struggled but how did Boonesboro stop Welch/Wingate/Bauer? It doesn't make sense with that much firepower you are basically on fire for three possessions and then held to nothing for almost 3 quarters.

I've never seen a team that runs a basic playbook be so different on each side of the ball. Especially at 1A where most kids have to play both ways. Being good on one side of the ball usually translates to at least being decent on the other.

The difference at Allegany is light years apart, and while not so much at Fort Hill, this is still the most lopsided I can remember the Cumberland teams being.

Last edited:
Foreverredandwhite.. Allegany got away from what got them there. They were getting about 10 yards a run, then Powell did not touch the ball. They started trying to pass and do a few different things. I feel they killed their own offense of momentum by not doing what was working. Once they got down in was too late to go back to it.

So from an Allegany person I'd like to know what you thought was the problem with the offense. It went from no defense neither time will stop each other 19 first quarter points to only 7 the rest of the game. I get the defense has struggled but how did Boonesboro stop Welch/Wingate/Bauer? It doesn't make sense with that much firepower you are basically on fire for three possessions and then held to nothing for almost 3 quarters.
Part of the problem was the lack of calls.

Foreverredandwhite.. Allegany got away from what got them there. They were getting about 10 yards a run, then Powell did not touch the ball. They started trying to pass and do a few different things. I feel they killed their own offense of momentum by not doing what was working. Once they got down in was too late to go back to it.
thanks for the info...sounds like it was too much messing with a good thing....i only wish fh had that problem...OPTIONS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT