ADVERTISEMENT

#13 Question for FH

wvuguy43

Junior Varsity Reader
Aug 26, 2016
i really havent heard the rule at the High School level. If a player is ejected like smith was Friday night. Does he have to set out the whole next game or is it like College, just the first half.

The remainder of the game and the entirety of the next.

In rare cases I have seen an appeal overturn the next game suspension. Unfortunately, the player and his team don't get a do over for the game in which they may have been unfairly ejected.

Not sure if this applies here as I am unsure what he did, I know the South High player threw a punch to earn his ejection and I am almost certain that it wasn't the same incident.

I thought high school was like college in regards to ejections. If the ejection happens in the first half then the player misses the second half and that serves as the game suspension or if he is ejected in the second half, he must miss the first half of the next game.

No sir, and a player ejected in the last game of a season playoffs or otherwise is suspended for the first game in their next sports season too.

Reactions: hbpass2
Just an FYI. The South High player who threw the punch was actually retaliating from a punch he received. As always, the second guy gets the flag. FH lucked out on that one.

#13 was a pretty weak, half-hearted swing, but was a completely separate incident. But totally unnecessary. Had the SH player not been ejected earlier, #13 would've only received a personal foul, I'm pretty sure. But in a hot game like that, you have to be extra aware of those fouls.

I thought 13 was ejected because it was his second personal foul which is automatic. Anyway he is a player FH wants on the field. There is a lot of discussion on here when a 1A football team loses a good player the effect it can have

Players are not ejected for 2 personal fouls in a game but for 2 unsportsmanlike fouls in a game. However, if a personal foul is considered flagrant such as intentional spearing or throwing a punch, it is an automatic ejection. The difference between personal fouls and unsportsmanlike fouls is contact or intent to contact. Contact or intent to contact constitutes a personal foul. Unsportsmanlike fouls are acts such as offensive language, excessive celebration, and taunting.

I stand by my belief that had the South player not been ejected earlier for throwing a punch, #13 would not have been ejected. I don't want to say it was a make up call, per se...but as we've noticed on video, the South player was returning a punch...only he happened to get caught.

Tit for tat. Knock off the bullshit and just play football. It was a call that needed to be made.

I stand by my belief that had the South player not been ejected earlier for throwing a punch, #13 would not have been ejected. I don't want to say it was a make up call, per se...but as we've noticed on video, the South player was returning a punch...only he happened to get caught.

Tit for tat. Knock off the bullshit and just play football. It was a call that needed to be made.

I completely agree and said the same thing when it happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT