ADVERTISEMENT

Woodrow Wilson to play in Turkey Bowl this Thursday

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Woodrow Wilson out of Washington, DC will play in the DCIAA Turkey Bowl Championship Game this Thursday at 11:00 am against H.D. Woodson.

Wilson is currently 11-1. Many will recall they were one of the teams in the Queen City Quad this past August. They have a junior quarterback by the name of Steven Williams who really lit up the Quad with his arm. He has posted some pretty hefty numbers this year:

160 completions, 2847 yards, 38 touchdowns, 10 interceptions...that's 237 yards per game!

They must have played a pretty exciting game last week against Ballou in the semifinals. Wilson blew a 19-0 lead only to comeback and hold on in the fourth quarter. Steven threw for 401 yards in the win.
STORY: WILSON KNOCKS OFF BALLOU IN A THRILLER

Steven is good enough to play at the next level in my book. We would like to wish him and his Wilson team the best of luck this Thursday and down the road. Would love to see Steven come back to Greenway Avenue next August if possible. Maybe FH could even travel there :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Thank you for the kind words. We(Wilson) I coach both lines for Wilson and this is my first year over at the school. I think I told you all before the scrimmage that Stevie Williams Jr. was a special player and trust me he didn't disappoint he has had a tremendous year. I will relay the well wishes to all the coaches and kids. I also will talk to Coach Martin about coming to the Queen City Quad next year we got a lot of great work that day in that scrimmage and as usual the hospitality of the folks from Fort Hill was great, If you remember I have had a up close and personal relationship with Fort Hill when I was the line coach at Potomac. Good Luck to Fort Hill in the playoffs. After winning 3 state titles in my career in Maryland I went to Wilson and get to coach in the famed Turkey Bowl in my first year. Happy Thanksgiving to all in Cumberland.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
You did tell me that about Stevie before the Quad. It would be a great honor and thrill to have Wilson back again. I'm actually old enough to remember our own Turkey Day game against rival Allegany. That tradition ended in 1973 when Maryland went to a playoff system and it became Homecoming. I know the turkey and trimmings will taste much better with a win! So best of luck.

I would assume Williams is in contact with more than a handful of college coaches. This summer will be huge for him in that regards. If he doesn't have an offer I will be shocked. Although I have seen this before with some of the local area players. The recruiting process is not as easy as some might think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT