ADVERTISEMENT

War of words?

Waggle Pass

Hall of Fame Poster
Apr 5, 2002
Cumberland, Md via Pittsburgh, Pa
It seems when the Kent County Trojans come here Saturday they will be a very confident bunch judging from some posts on Twitter.....

"we coming at Fort Hill THROAT"
"Fort Hill Next Week We Coming"
"....we coming at they neck they haven't played nobody"

Kinda funny when someone from the Eastern Shore rags on someone else's schedule.
I noticed a couple of reply's from FH players who didn't trash back but were more along, "Ok, we'll see you next week" variety.

From a couple of clips I have seen their whole offense is their quarterback. Shifty moves, but not big, 5'9, 175. If no one is open on the initial read he just takes off. I'm confident the FH staff will preach about staying in their lanes and playing with discipline.

Reactions: Over the top we go
Like I said FH should beat them with their 3rd string players to prove a point...
I say FH 3rd string would win 28-6 2nd string 41-6 Starters 60-0

It seems when the Kent County Trojans come here Saturday they will be a very confident bunch judging from some posts on Twitter.....

Kinda funny when someone from the Eastern Shore rags on someone else's schedule.
I noticed a couple of reply's from FH players who didn't trash back but were more along, "Ok, we'll see you next week" variety.

From a couple of clips I have seen their whole offense is their quarterback. Shifty moves, but not big, 5'9, 175. If no one is open on the initial read he just takes off. I'm confident the FH staff will preach about staying in their lanes and playing with discipline.

"....we coming at they neck"
Seriously? I mean... like seriously?

Reactions: wvuguy43
As someone who knows that team very well, I will just say that if Football games were played on Twitter, they would be going for the 4-peat this year. This has been going on for a few years now. I am sure since they finally beat Cambridge after 20 years, they are even more full of themselves.

Reactions: camper21502
As someone who knows that team very well, I will just say that if Football games were played on Twitter, they would be going for the 4-peat this year. This has been going on for a few years now. I am sure since they finally beat Cambridge after 20 years, they are even more full of themselves.
Kent County has no idea what they're in for. Lol

If you know the team then was my assessment accurate from what video I saw that the QB is pretty much the whole offense?

FH will go about this all business like. But for those who dismiss Kent County as a 1 man team..I have two words for you..."Gabe Sherrod".

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Sherrod actually didnt hurt FH that much. Didn't even play defense. But that slashing linebacker they had destroyed the Sentinels. And Perryville was undefeated.

Maybe in some regard both teams are simpatico. They should both bench some players. Some for running afoul of the King's English and some for just running afoul.

If you know the team then was my assessment accurate from what video I saw that the QB is pretty much the whole offense?
Since the original starting QB got injured early in the season, I would agree. They moved him to QB, then put in the option offense around week 7. If he does pitch, the other backs are not a threat to score. He is the only threat on the team.

I saw someone mention Gabe Sherrod, from Perryville 2011. This team is not Perryville 2011. That team also had Joe Peaker, Ethan Griffin, as well as a large C/NT and some other decent players.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I understand that Perryville 2011 was a much better team than most had expected prior to that game, but my point is..you can't be too quick to dismiss. That FH team was pretty darn good as well. Although, I will admit I think a couple things went awry for FH and possibly Coach Appel would like to make a few changes if he had that one to coach all over again. (Stop running sweeps against the 3-5 defense!)

Perhaps a better comparison to this Kent County team would be the likes of Snow Hill 2005. Ben Tate...and nothing else. Resulting in Allegany's last state title with an easy win over the future NFLer and his squad.

I mean this is a 5-5 team. FH is going to blow them out. Why get upset about what a 16 year old kid posted on Twitter?

Who is upset? I said they seem like a very confident bunch.
If they were a confident bunch they wouldn't have to talk about it, they'd just show up and play. It's the ones that talk that you know are looking for anything to give them an edge...they don't understand who Fort Hill is. Havre de Grace talked a good game before last year's final, including their coach...you kinda have to or you look scared. I'd prefer not one person from FH comment on anything that is said, just use it.

Then again what do we expect them to say? Were done,Were gonna get killed... FH coming for our throats lol..

Reactions: towpath94
Talk is cheap, majority of us know that. My question about this team, have they faced a defense the likes of the "Big Red D Machine"? They gonna be ready for "Thunder and Lightning"? aka, The "Beast" and The "Hammer"? How's about some S and S, aka, #23 and #13? Could go on and on about this defense, if this team can put some points on the board in 1st quarter may be interesting, however if that doesn't happen KC's in for a long game. Big Red will only get stronger as game progresses, especially against a team that likes to talk big, if that is truly the case. Hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Let's get off of this post. FH 54 to 12. Now if you were gonna play Dunbar what would your score be

Gmcol nobody, but maybe you cares what the Dunbar/FH score would be. They don't play, won't be paying until next year, so it's irrelevant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT