ADVERTISEMENT

VARSITY INSIDER - 9/21/2020

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
Find out what colleges are after Kyrik Mason, Shon Reid, Octavian Smith Jr., Christian Homer, and Scott Hummel now!

......................................................................................................

St. John's College offensive tackle Kyrik Mason

What sport do you want to play at the college level?
“I would love to play football at the college level.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have schools like Colgate, UPenn, Dartmouth, Brown, Lafayette, Fordham, Central Connecticut State, Lehigh, Rhode Island, North Carolina Central, Alabama State, Maine, VMI, Delaware State, Towson, Merrimack, LIU, Howard, Bryant, Duquesne, Albany, New Hampshire, Richmond, Georgetown, Liberty, Morgan State, William & Mary, Monmouth, and Buffalo.”

Have any colleges offered you?
“29 schools have offered me so far.”

What colleges are you trying to visit this fall?
“I want to visit schools like Dartmouth, Richmond, and Howard with many more in consideration.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Oregon.”

......................................................................................................

Archbishop Carroll linebacker Shon Reid

“As of today, I’ve been recruited by Marshall U.”

“UMASS and Temple.”

“I’d really like to visit the schools that offered me.”

“Yes, the University of Florida.”

Paint Branch quarterback Octavian Smith Jr.

“I’ve decided to take football more seriously than basketball and track. I still plan on being a part of the other two sports this school year depending on when they take place.”

“Unfortunately, I can’t say but there’s schools that have me on their radar.”

“No schools yet, but best believe that’ll all change sooner than later because my time is coming. Trust the process.”

“Any college that’s willing to give me the opportunity to play ball for them, know more about me as a person, athlete, and eventually pull the trigger on me, hopefully.”

“Growing up, I’ve always been a big Ohio State Buckeyes fan.”

North Point wide receiver Christian Homer

“In college, I want to mainly play football, but if I can run track, I will do that also.”

“So far, I haven’t had any college’s recruiting me but I’m looking to change that this season.”

“As of right now, I don’t know, but I’m thinking about Virginia Tech and the University of Maryland.”

“Yes, growing up I liked Oregon but now I like Ohio State.”

Linganore offensive tackle Scott Hummel

How long have you wanted to play college football?
“My heart has always been in football since 5th grade, so that’s what I’ll play at the collegiate level.”

What schools were you considering before you committed to James Madison?
“I was being recruited by schools such Columbia, Yale, ODU, Syracuse and a few others. Along with those I’ve gotten offers from Dartmouth, UNH, Lehigh, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Fordham, Morgan St., Monmouth, Robert Morris, Bucknell, and Villanova.”

“Hopefully once things die down; I can take an official visit to JMU to see the campus and the coaches and all of that good stuff.”

“Both of my parents went to JMU as well, so I’ve always been introduced to the JMU life and culture. I’ve always loved it there.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News