ADVERTISEMENT

Riverdale Baptist

You are ignorant or just being stupid. MPSSAA schools are not permitted to reclassify players or practice until a certain date in August. If schools would practice in the spring or during the summer break they would get penalized with forfeits and suspension of coaches. I assume that if RB is reclassifying players the MPSSAA will soon rule RB ineligible for public schools’ records. No MPSSAA school will play such a game because even if a public school wins the game is a no contest; it doesn’t count towards playoff points; it’s just a mere exhibition and useless.
The only ignorance here is hours.... Believing I or the RBS staff care anything about MPSSAA rules ... #1 RBS has reclassified NO ONE... If gets are in their 5th yr. They reclassified before they got to RBS... #2 RBS is considered a INDEPENDENT school. We practice 10 months out of 12.... #3 FH staff knew this before they signed up to play this year.... So if you want to be big mad at 34-0. Blame them. They knew exactly what it was.... #4. We could care less about your points. We don't get points for betting you

• Haha
Reactions: everyones-an-expert
The only ignorance here is hours.... Believing I or the RBS staff care anything about MPSSAA rules ... #1 RBS has reclassified NO ONE... If gets are in their 5th yr. They reclassified before they got to RBS... #2 RBS is considered a INDEPENDENT school. We practice 10 months out of 12.... #3 FH staff knew this before they signed up to play this year.... So if you want to be big mad at 34-0. Blame them. They knew exactly what it was.... #4. We could care less about your points. We don't get points for betting you
First, if you received your education from Riverdale Baptist or are anyway affiliated with the school then your terrible use of English is a discredit to the school. I have to believe a school such as Riverdale Baptist prides itself in education. Second, no one cares if you care about playoff points. Why would a private school care about MPSSAA points? But it is relevant to all MPSSAA schools. If the MPSSAA keeps Riverdale Baptist eligible for points for MPSSAA schools then I agree, play the game that was agreed upon. Right now, Riverdale Baptist is on the approved list for points, but if that changes then Fort Hill should not play the game because even if they would win the game would not count. That is very much an important issue to teams in the MPSSAA playoff system. Thirdly, why are you so butt hurt about people questioning the influx of players to a school on a football board. You obviously have an emotional interest in this matchup and there is nothing wrong with that. But I have not seen anyone bash the Riverdale Baptist football program itself. With the recent influx of players, of course people are going to ask questions and I assume the MPSSAA would be reviewing the school to see if it remains on its approved list.

Last edited:
Are you just plain stupid, or a misinformed troll.

who was that last PUBLIC school to beat FH at the stadium? I’ve been trying to think but I can come up with the exact opponent. I know there’s been a few prep schools but who was the last public team?

Reactions: ravemwp
Oct 18... Going to be a ROUGH day in western MD.... 34-0 RBS end of 3rd qrt
Ok then. We will see what happens. If it happens. Some shifty shenanigans to make it more one sided from what I have been reading. Either way, the game really has zero impact on anything for the season.

Yes, I was thinking it’s someone that use to post here. The big games Riverdale has doesn’t make sense to create a new account, come to this forum, to talk stupidity.

😂 what. My son plays for Riverdale. Hes a 2025 D1 prospect with 8 offers. You western MD guys are in for a BEAT DOWN... I didnt even know they played 11v11 football out there. I thought it was all 6 man football. Good luck on Oct 18 😂 I. Don't think the slaughter will applies since we're in Independent School

😂 what. My son plays for Riverdale. Hes a 2025 D1 prospect with 8 offers. You western MD guys are in for a BEAT DOWN... I didnt even know they played 11v11 football out there. I thought it was all 6 man football. Good luck on Oct 18 😂 I. Don't think the slaughter will applies since we're in Independent School
Dude I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong, you are just totally irrelevant. Maybe just plain stupid. Why are you so concerned about tiny FH, a team you already have deemed unworthy. We get it, RB and all that D1 talent you have will annihilate FH. Instead of wasting time on these no talent bums from Western Maryland, maybe you should concern yourself about what will happen when you play my new favorite team, Our Lady of Good Counsel. IDIOT!!!! Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Dude I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong, you are just totally irrelevant. Maybe just plain stupid. Why are you so concerned about tiny FH, a team you already have deemed unworthy. We get it, RB and all that D1 talent you have will annihilate FH. Instead of wasting time on these no talent bums from Western Maryland, maybe you should concern yourself about what will happen when you play my new favorite team, Our Lady of Good Counsel. IDIOT!!!! Don't go away mad. Just go away.
If GC doesn't come up with another QB option. RBS wins 20-17.

• Haha
Reactions: everyones-an-expert
People like this concern themself with a little 1A team like Fort Hill. I find it quite amusing frankly.

This sounds like a kid in middle school🤣

This thread has gotten a whole lot of attention about a game that probably won't be played. Fort Hill went through this with another private about a decade ago and the MPSSAA said no go. Personally, I'd like to see them play. At the most, it might cost Fort Hill a home game or two if they would lose a few this year. (They do have some games on their schedule that are anything but "give mes".) RB will bring a physical team but, aside from the typical bumps and bruises, I don't think that it makes your team more susceptible to injuries.
I saw RB play three times last year on TV and thought that the Sentinels were two touchdowns better. Cal preps gave FH a three TD advantage. But FH was senior dominated with one of the best lines that they've had in a long, long time.
On offense, RB will have an exceptional Running back who will be going to Maryland. He's the real deal. They also brought in three WRs who seem to have the tools, along with size. What I can't remember seeing is their #2 QB. Their starter was the real deal but I believe that he went to WV. RB also brought in a ton of DL's. Why, I don't know. I thought that their DL last year was their strength. It was the second level of defenders that had some issues. But they have a coach who knows what he wants to get done so we'll see what he does with what he has.
FH on both sides of the ball should be pretty solid. They have a couple of very good backs on O, and kids that can defend the pass. I don't think that many wideouts will get behind these kids. The big issue will be a very young and undersized line. The fact that RB platoons with very good linemen will give them a huge edge. FH's edge on Offense come in the fact that they have some very good backs and they run the Wing and that Bridgeport I. If FH gets to the second level early, they have a chance. We could have a Wadsworth 2.0 on our hands.

Admittedly, I didn't pay much attention to RB's 2s last year. But I just watched some of Carter's highlights. Yikes!!! He has nice size and has a canon for an arm. I'll have to go back and watch some of his games just to see if he plays every down at the level that he can play. Wise really took a hit when he left. Offensively, RB has all the parts they need.

After seeing the messages I figured I would comment... speaking with Blake's father he was at Riverdale last year and was the starter through the first six games until he hurt his foot and then the coaching staff reached out to Khalil Wilkins who was not playing because he was suspended after game one from Wise..... Blake has been and talks apparently with a couple group of five schools and a bunch of FCS schools... he missed his first two years freshman the sophomore year at WISE due to a catastrophic knee injury that required multiple surgeries

I was told last night down here in southern PG County that Fort Hill is actively trying to get out of the game on October 18th are any of you Western Maryland guys able to comment on this and tell me if it's true or false

I was told last night down here in southern PG County that Fort Hill is actively trying to get out of the game on October 18th are any of you Western Maryland guys able to comment on this and tell me if it's true or false
LOL... I could have told you that back on April 24th when FH's scheduler created this post! For the most part they only schedule teams they think or know they can beat... If there's a good probability that a game will end up in a loss, that team will not be scheduled or rescheduled... In all honesty it's not just FH, but it's what we've become as a society. Hardly anyone likes to challenge themselves anymore..

Last edited:
It doesn’t seem like RB has trouble finding games judging by the schedules over the past few years. How did this game end up happening?

Firstly this is not the same RB program that FH initially scheduled. RB has made major program changes. Upgrading to a national type program. I originally thought FH should not play this game, digging deeper I found this contract was a one and done deal. I changed my opinion and thought FH should play RB. That being said, these privates play under a different set of eligibility rules. My understanding is that the MPSSAA may not allow and or sanction this game. I'm guessing it might be easier to find an opponent for that weekend by looking now. FH played arguably the toughest schedule in Allegany County football history last year. I don't think they are necessarily trying to back out to avoid a loss. I think they want to make sure they have a game to play that week.

Last edited:

Correct. FH has opted to look for another opponent. Riverdale Baptist has been notified.

My personal thoughts (does not reflect anyone else's):

I have always felt it's important to express publicly what I think in these situations despite the fact I'm sure many people would prefer I just keep quiet. But that's never been my métier. When kids are involved, they deserve the truth from behind a closed door.

I really respect Coach Gary at RB. I have talked/communicated with him multiple times but never met him in person. I get nothing but good things when others mention his name. Hopefully, I can help RB find other games (not just the Oct 18 date). Heck, if they let me I can voluntarily fill their entire schedule :)

This decision for FH was based on several aspects. Rock Creek Christian closing and having a massive chunk of college scholarship offered players transfer to RB was a big part of it. They are both private schools who operate under different rules from public schools. Certainly, RB has a long history of pulling new players in on the roster but not in this capacity. I won't get into the details any further how that transpired.

The finality was that some of the players transferring in have reclassified for a fifth year of high school. One of them even played in a Senior Bowl already. It is absolutely legal by MPSSAA rules that an athlete can qualify for a fifth year if they (A) do not turn 19 by August 1. (B) have not played four years - one snap in a game qualifies as a year used.

The problems that come with this were exemplified by C.H. Flowers last season when they were ruled ineligible for the post season due to using one fifth year player that did not meet those qualifications. It's up to the Athletic Dept of each school to complete their due diligence in discovering whether an athlete has played four years. Then the MPSSAA has to verify, which as we were told can take well into August or deep into the season. Many of these athletes have transferred 3 and 4 times from different states and jurisdictions making that discovery difficult. I'm not sure Coach Gary is aware of which players met that criteria yet through conversation with him. FH runs the risk of being told once the season begins that you can't play that team. It was best to move now. Hopefully RB takes the bull by the horns on this issue.

Not making excuses for FH, they have no desire to play teams with fifth year players regardless of the rules. The rules are the rules, but personally I believe once you enroll in high school you should get four years regardless of the circumstance. This is not college football. In small ball, there are 15, 16 and 17 year old athletes banging heads involved.

There are certainly going to be people who question this move. Who question why FH doesn't play DeMatha, IMG Academy, Martinsburg, etc. Those people don't put time in. They have no concept/experience of putting a football schedule together for a team like FH, digging and digging because only dominant programs with triple or quadruple as many students are the only option in an affordable distance. Many of them don't even attend the game in person. Coaches and people involved with the program know best and this decision is unanimous. I'm not getting into the strength of schedule issue much more these days. FH is near the top of that list in Maryland now every year.

FH has 24-26 juniors and seniors currently on the roster. Less than ten of them will be seniors. One of the Top 20 teams in Ohio (Wadsworth) came here last fall and there were maybe 400 fans in the stands. Most of them drove 4 hours to be here from Wadsworth. This isn't 30 years ago. Not sure why people stumble with reality.

Last edited:
😂 EVERYONE knew 3 weeks ago FH was going to back out... I get it thou. 34-0 end of 3rd qrt.. OUCH... What I don't understand is FH 100% knew. RB does NOT follow mpsaa rules. And FH 100% knew RB has and had a bunch of reclass kids. (Reclassed in 8th grade) and or 5th yr players. FH knew this back in march/April.... All i read was... " we pulled out so we don't get HUMILIATED" which is fine. But u knew.. So u never should have scheduled RB from the start...

😂 EVERYONE knew 3 weeks ago FH was going to back out... I get it thou. 34-0 end of 3rd qrt.. OUCH... What I don't understand is FH 100% knew. RB does NOT follow mpsaa rules. And FH 100% knew RB has and had a bunch of reclass kids. (Reclassed in 8th grade) and or 5th yr players. FH knew this back in march/April.... All i read was... " we pulled out so we don't get HUMILIATED" which is fine. But u knew.. So u never should have scheduled RB from the start...
Dude are you really as stupid as you sound on here. The better question is why would such a great and powerful RB team schedule a FH team that doesn't belong on the same field as RB. You words not mine. IDIOT!!!!

CalPreps has FH beating RB 35-14 this past season.

Last edited:

You're missing the point. Now RB has a chance to go out and pick up a DeMatha, a St Francis, or some out of state school that also gets it's share of transfers.

Or would that be too big a risk of Riverdale getting HUMILIATED?

So you're saying it would be better for FH, instead of looking for a replacement now, to wait till late August when the email from the MPSSAA arrives stating that they won't sanction the RB game and then try to find a game?

LOL... I could have told you that back on April 24th when FH's scheduler created this post! For the most part they only schedule teams they think or know they can beat... If there's a good probability that a game will end up in a loss, that team will not be scheduled or rescheduled... In all honesty it's not just FH, but it's what we've become as a society. Hardly anyone likes to challenge themselves anymore..
That’s a statement that’s completely false. Fort Hill scheduled Dunbar, which is absolutely not a gimme game. Anyone who knows football would have picked Wadsworth to beat Fort Hill also. The other team we played in Northern Virginia was a huge school that on paper should have been very competitive or beat Fort Hill. Oakdale is the best team in 3 a most of the years. That should not have been a gimme game for Fort Hill either.. it’s a sad fact that there are a lot of grown men in the tri-state area that are just jealous of Fort Hills success.

I just want to see competitive football games in the stadium. I am tired of all the mercy rule games. We expect Southern and Northern to be sacrificial lambs and play FH every year, but God forbid FH is a heavy underdog once in a blue moon. Again, I just want competitive games for both Alco and FH, where the outcome in not decided before halftime. So as long as FH replaces RB with another quality opponent, I am fine with it. Please no more Silver Oak or MATHS.

My guess, and it is only a guess. If the MPSSAA today guaranteed 100 percent that FH and RB could play a sanctioned game in October, that none of this would be an issue. FH cannot wait until August or September to find a replacement game. It's going to difficult enough as it is. RB plays under different circumstances. They can start their season earlier, and finish later or vice versa. Making it easier to schedule Md. Non publics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT