ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Mountain Ridge schedule

I saw on the MPSSAA board they were looking. Not sure if it was filled.

I thought they had, Juniata, PA on that date, but Juniata is not showing Mountain Ridge on that date on Maxpreps.

I know 2 WV AAA schools who could fill that date.

Don't know if the Ridge would agree to play either, Martinsburg or Capital.

Can't trust Maxpreps. My son's team isn't showing all their schedule on Max either.

Is TCW coming up for the Quad? Their website is not showing they are, but FH's says they are... They have a new head coach, so hope to see this program finally turn things around...

11048788_710616445727115_7692973169686275436_o.png

They posted this on the Mountain Ridge Football Facebook on May 28th. Seems like the Juniata (PA) game was still on as of then.

Posts stay up on the MPSSAA open date exchange for 60 days. Since it's still up the earliest it could have been posted was on 5/15.

LOL. The two teams who played in the AAA title game last year...Capital and Martinsburg. If they both need a game and have the same open date why don't they just play each other?

Is TCW coming up for the Quad? Their website is not showing they are, but FH's says they are... They have a new head coach, so hope to see this program finally turn things around...

Good thing I check in on this board from time to time. I was unaware that Coach Randolph was let go as head football coach at T.C. Williams back in April. I called their AD and T.C. Williams will not be attending the Quad. We are now down to three teams. They had committed to come here under Coach Randolph. The AD said he didn't know they had committed. But you have only been coming here for the last five years. Geez.

So now we are searching for a fourth team to participate in the Queen City Quad. Again, good thing I read this here or we would have never known. I am so tired of incompetence at every level of state, county and corporation.

LOL. The two teams who played in the AAA title game last year...Capital and Martinsburg. If they both need a game and have the same open date why don't they just play each other?

Not the 2 in AAA title game.
Capital beat Martinsburg in the Semifinals (35-7)
Capital beat Kanawha County rival South Charleston in the Championship (55-15)

They talked about playing, Capital and Martinsburg, but both really needed a home game, and neither really wanted to play in week 11 and then maybe take that long drive again in the playoffs. Its about 6 hours from Charleston, WV to Martinsburg, WV going through Cumberland on I68.

Good thing I check in on this board from time to time. I was unaware that Coach Randolph was let go as head football coach at T.C. Williams back in April. I called their AD and T.C. Williams will not be attending the Quad. We are now down to three teams. They had committed to come here under Coach Randolph. The AD said he didn't know they had committed. But you have only been coming here for the last five years. Geez.

So now we are searching for a fourth team to participate in the Queen City Quad. Again, good thing I read this here or we would have never known. I am so tired of incompetence at every level of state, county and corporation.

You know, I kinda blame myself for this... I noticed this difference in the TCW & FH schedules a couple months ago and intended to post something not wanting to assume you knew, but I forgot... Sorry... I agree, they've been going to the Quad for 5 yrs, and for them to not notify you is ridiculous... Hope you can fill this in such short notice...

I believe that Juniata backed out of coming to Frostburg for their home in home that they had scheduled. I am still trying to work on that. But I can tell you that I got the same schedule that was posted on the MR website around the same time and the open date post is from a later date. I will let you know when I can confirm anything. I don't think that MR even if they were desperate would schedule Martinsburg or Capital. Just wouldn't make sense with where their program is currently.

I believe that Juniata backed out of coming to Frostburg for their home in home that they had scheduled. I am still trying to work on that. But I can tell you that I got the same schedule that was posted on the MR website around the same time and the open date post is from a later date. I will let you know when I can confirm anything. I don't think that MR even if they were desperate would schedule Martinsburg or Capital. Just wouldn't make sense with where their program is currently.

New Town in Baltimore County is the only other MPSSAA school I see with that week open. Aside from the travel it wouldn't be a bad game for either team.

I can confirm that Juniata (PA) is indeed off the schedule for Mountain Ridge and at this time they are still open for that date. Some sort of "scheduling conflict" was reason for Juniata backing out of deal to come to Frostburg.

It would be nice if they picked up New Town for that week. Especially if they came to Owings Mills for the game. Would save me on some travel for the season. Now that Jefferson is off the schedule the closest game for me to travel to will be the Week 2 game against Hedgesville. Other than that I am traveling the two plus hours on a good day of traffic from Baltimore for each game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT