ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Landon running back Jelani Machen

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
How did the football season go for your team?
“I think the season was really good. It was an improvement over my freshman season and I got to play both ways. At 5-5, I think we are headed in the right direction. It was one game better than the record last year but I did see more improvement.”

What are your workout plans now going forward?
“I wrestle but I’m also lifting. I have a weight room in my house. I do that almost every day and on weekends I do speed training with a few of my trainers. I also have wrestling tournaments on weekdays and some Saturdays.”

Do you have a favorite sport?
“Football for sure.”

What are you trying to improve on the most this off-season?
“I think I need to get bigger so I am eating a lot. I want to get bigger but maintain my speed. That will help out a lot. I need to be more physical defensively.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I think we can win the championship next year. We were a young team with almost all of our starters being sophomores or juniors. Next year is the year for us.”

What colleges are recruiting you?
“I get a lot of emails and a lot of letters from schools like Clemson. I took a visit down to Penn State and watched a practice. I have been to Maryland a few times. Purdue, Virginia, and there are a lot of schools that have sent camp invites.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d say Duke is showing me the most interest. I went down to Duke and had a great visit. I got to meet all of the coaches so I’d say Duke probably.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“There are actually three. My dad played at Stanford and they offer a great mix of education and also football. My brother played at Georgia Tech and that is a school I like a lot. Duke is also there too.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News