ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Huntingtown athlete Cody Grove

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“We’ve just been really coming together as a team, working on reads and our steps through each play.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I think [what] we’ve improved most on from last season is our rotation. Last season we had very key role players and this year we have a lot of guys who can play a bit of everything.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I think our team will be perfectly fine this coming season. If we play our game, the only [team] that can beat us is us.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think Patuxent will be our biggest competition knowing they’ve got a really good coach that can get his players to play like crazy. It’ll be fun to play against [them].”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual player we’ll face is my guy Nathan Torres. [He’s] versatile on his feet carrying and down the field receiving.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“As a football player my dream is to go to the next level to play, [if] I could personally choose it’d have to be UNC or Oregon.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve talked to a few colleges to name a few: Stevenson, Frostburg, Grove City.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’ve talked to the Grove City coach the most, he’s a great guy and I love his energy.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve made plans on making some trips, I haven’t officially gone to any yet but that time is coming.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I unfortunately haven’t had the opportunity to go to any camps but I heard the Leonardtown combine was a great camp overall.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Of course [my] home state North Carolina made me fall in love with UNC but Oregon always has had a spot because of their style.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News