ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Dunbar running back Tristen Kenan

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has been going great, we're 8-0. Progressing every week, Playoffs are approaching and we're ready.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“The type of person I am, I'm never satisfied. I'm having a pretty good year, but I still feel like I can do more and there's always room to improve.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I honestly feel like my team has been playing great. [There’s] nothing me and my teammates can't get done. I believe I have the best team in the State.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“One thing I feel that we could improve on is our pass defense. Early in the season against Mervo, they couldn’t run the ball. The only yards they were able to get were throughout the air. That was week 3 and we’ve worked on it constantly since then and I feel we are good now on that.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys for my team going forward are to make sure we don’t underestimate any opponent we face and always give 100%. Consistency is something we find very important over here.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would like to continue my football career throughout college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Not many I’d say, Shenandoah University I’ve been in constant contact with the running backs coach up there. I’ve been to Maryland camp this past summer and talked to Coach Brooks. I’ve also been to Penn State’s camp and talked to Coach Poindexter. Lastly, I have talked to Towson University’s Coach Justin Harper at Towson University’s 7on7 camps I’ve been to.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d say Shenandoah University because I’ve been in constant contact with the RB coach.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Just camps, not any college trips yet.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“Yes.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Ohio State University.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News