ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Damascus tight end Matthew Betterelli

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
How did the football season go for your team?
“At the start of the year, a bunch of people were doubting us because everyone thought Jake Funk was the reason we won the year before. We used that as motivation in the off-season. We came together and it showed. The outcome of state was awesome.”

What are your workout plans now going forward?
“I used to play baseball but I am focusing more on football lifting and conditioning. We are going to start getting together to get ready for next year.”

What are you trying to improve on the most this off-season?
“I need to work on my speed and strength because I suffered a broken wrist before the season. I lost a lot of strength because I couldn’t do bench.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I feel as if we can be just as good as we have been the past two years. We return our whole line except for one person. We have a bunch of kids in the lower classes hungry to get better.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2017?
“So far, Sherwood will probably be the toughest but every game will be difficult.”

Do you want to play football in college?
“Yes, it is something I am very interested in.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Purdue sent me one letter and showed some interest but they got rid of their coaching staff. It is nothing too serious as of now. I want to do what is best for me in the long run.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have always been a big fan of the Florida Gators. My mom’s best friend gave me a jersey when I was younger and I used to always wear that. That is a big goal.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News