ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland/DC High School Football Talk

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about how football has been going as of late!

Q&A with Bel Air athlete Tre Dennis
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“We have been in the weight room non stop since the season ended, out on the field on our own as players and also with coaches when we are allowed to, and also just spending quality time with each other. Good chemistry is key to winning.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I definitely improved my strength, knowledge of the game, lots of techniques and skills to make me a better player on both sides of the ball. Also being a leader is something I improved a lot on, holding teammates accountable and being the best teammate and brother I could possibly be on and off the field.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I know we are way better than last year and we plan to go a long way this season. I'm a very confident guy so I believe that we can and will beat and compete with everyone in front of us.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Ourselves. We are the toughest team we have to play against.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There is no individual that we have to worry about. No one compares to what we have and one person is definitely not bringing us down.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Archbishop Curley defensive back Aaron Rose
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“As of late, we’ve been in full pads. We’re having our first scrimmage very soon, so I’m excited to see how we do.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“The thing I’ve improved the most on is my man coverage. Throughout the summer I’ve been working with Coach Pleasant from AOD (Art of Defense) and he’s really helped me broaden my skills.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I’m feeling really good about my team this year. We have a lot of returning players, and upcoming JV players so I expect us to build off of our successes from last season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest competition on the schedule might be Saint Mary’s. They are a very disciplined team and it’s always a scrappy fight when we play each other.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I’m personally unsure of the individual who will give us the most trouble. But I’m certain if we play our keys and do our jobs, then we can diminish the role of anyone we play against.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Franklin offensive lineman Jamar Charles
How have things been going this football season?
“Things have been going well so far this season. Going into a new environment at Franklin has definitely been an eye opener for me going to another school.”

What are you trying to improve on most this season?
“Just being a dog, and having that mentality. Not so much overthinking, because where there is overthinking there are mistakes and when it comes down to the late season games where everything needs to be polished to perfection there is no room for mistakes.”

How do you feel your football team can reach their full potential?
“I believe me and my team can reach our full potential by putting our heads down and just grinding as brothers, as simple as that, iron sharpens iron, no plays off during practice.”

Have you been pleased with how you have been playing as of late?
“No I haven’t been pleased, the only way I'll be pleased is if I go a whole game with 0 mistakes.”

Who is your opener against and how do you feel about them?
“Season opener is Milford Mill, nothing to feel about them, no comment.”

Q&A with Good Counsel defensive back Colin Douglas
How have things been going this football season?
“Football season has been going really well, I’m excited for Friday nights and getting off to a hot start.”

What are you trying to improve on most this season?
“I’m trying to improve on staying in place and make every snap count, fly around to the ball and give maximum effort.”

How do you feel your football team can reach their full potential?
“We have to keep bonding as a unit, keep trusting in our abilities that the Lord gave us and stay together no matter what comes our way.”

Have you been pleased with how you have been playing as of late?
“Yes, but there is always room to improve and really focus on the small details, but I’m very happy where I’m at right now and I want to keep progressing.”

Who is your opener against and how do you feel about them?
“We play St. Joe's Regional. I feel very confident if we come out at home hot and focused we should be able to win a hard-fought battle.”

Q&A with Walkersville wide receiver Tristano Menconi
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has been going really well so far.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“Yes I’ve been happy with how I’ve performed so far this season.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel great about my team so far this season we have started off very strong.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Our team has a very strong run game and great receivers. We just need to work on getting the ball out to them.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Staying focused and going hard every week in practice to focus on our next opponents.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News