ADVERTISEMENT

Dunbar @ Walkersville

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
This should be an interesting game to say the least. Sucks I have to work till 7:30. Would of loved to make the trek up and see this one.

Not sure what will be interesting. Walkersville defense is the best in 2A it's ground game will just where them out 28 to 6

I think Dunbar shocks the West on this one and wins 29-28

I think Dunbar is going to win this game and it's not going to be a huge upset. I don't cover Baltimore area schools but looking at the schedule they only have losses to Gilman, Mervo (who was a top 4A team), and City (3A). Their 7-3 record is very deceptive.

Then how do you explain that they got beat by City any TJ beat City. Then Walkersville beat TJ 29 to 8. Don't chime in unless you've really done some homework on this matter

Mervo lost to South Hagerstown...Walkersville 34-18 in this one!

Mervo lost to South Hagerstown...Walkersville 34-18 in this one!

Mervo also beat Sherwood.

I dont think comparing common opponents is a good measure. Case in point Linganore, Tuscarora and South Hagerstown. Tuscarora beats Linganore 18-7, Linganore beats South 20-0. Tuscarora should beat South handily based on those outcomes. South beats Tuscarora 27-21.

Some teams just match up better against certain teams. There are also injuries, weather and many other factors that can affect the outcome of certain games.

It is my understanding that Walkersville didn't play a particularly good game on Friday night. I have no doubt that Walkersville will be ready but I think it will be a competitive game. Good luck to the Lions!

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Gilman is pretty bad this year. From what Im reading on Sunspot, even the MIAA guys are saying they are wayyyy off their normal game. Lost some transfers too.

I think Walkersville will win this one. But Dunbar should be a good opponent.

Then how do you explain that they got beat by City any TJ beat City. Then Walkersville beat TJ 29 to 8. Don't chime in unless you've really done some homework on this matter
Dude, knowbody knocking ur walkersville team, I witnessed a few Dunbar teams that came into playoffs 7-3, and pretty damn good teams at that through the years. They have Atheletes, dont under estimate them!! Walkersville better bring there A game, or its gonna be a long day. Only way i see you pulling this win out is if it rains and its a sloppy field to contain there speed. If its dry, look out. Poets are dangerous come playoff time.

Reactions: PWA Docket 7323
☝️☝☝☝what he said about the Poets having that extra gear come playoff time. I stick with Dunbar by 1

☝️☝☝☝what he said about the Poets having that extra gear come playoff time. I stick with Dunbar by 1
My two cents may be way off everybody else's. I truly believe the reason Dunbar was so dominant in 1A was because their athletic ability truly was enough to overcome just about any situation they got into. They could throw the ball straight up in the air and their receivers would outjump our defenders every time...it didn't even matter how bad the pass was. They had 10 Browns/Johnsons every year. Middletown and Walkersville have shown with their bigger enrollments they have more athletes in a normal year than a school that is much smaller. I don't think they will have a problem with Dunbar simply because they will have more than one great athlete to match up with the many Dunbar has.

Here's my take... Dunbar was Dunbar bc they had a once in a life time athlete in Tavon Austin and a solid supporting cast.. Without Tavon they've drifted back to the pack...

Dunbar is playing in 2A now against more difficult competition. 2A playoffs are three weeks in a row of tough teams. It's not easy to get a ring.

My two cents may be way off everybody else's. I truly believe the reason Dunbar was so dominant in 1A was because their athletic ability truly was enough to overcome just about any situation they got into. They could throw the ball straight up in the air and their receivers would outjump our defenders every time...it didn't even matter how bad the pass was. They had 10 Browns/Johnsons every year. Middletown and Walkersville have shown with their bigger enrollments they have more athletes in a normal year than a school that is much smaller. I don't think they will have a problem with Dunbar simply because they will have more than one great athlete to match up with the many Dunbar has.

Lol, I guess when WMD schools win it's great coaching and hard work, when Dunbar wins it's great athletes!

Lol, I guess when WMD schools win it's great coaching and hard work, when Dunbar wins it's great athletes!

bigsavage said the same thing.

And while I wouldn't say it quite in the same way, I kinda get what he means. If Dunbar had Tavon Austin the last three years, they'd be winning 2A as well. Dunbar is an excellent program..just like Middletown, Walkersville and any other good 2A school. But throw the GOAT in there, and it's not even close.

read it again, i think you focused on something you wanted to see that wasn't there. if you'd like me to explain after you've read it again i'd be happy to.

Dunbar will lose to Walkersville. Never win a 2A title in the 4 years they were in this class, then come back to 1A again and "beat their chest" according to the folks in Baltimore that belittle their accomplishments. Sound familiar?

There will be more fans from Cumberland at the game than Dunbar brings
well let's just hope those fans that can travel to walkersville fan find their way into the stadium tomorrow...there's no excuse for empty seats all over the place against everybody but Allegany - you are either a loyal fan or you're not. too many games have a lot of hype about the fort hill crowd and the intimidating stadium and then half the seats are empty - it looks bad. show up tomorrow!

well let's just hope those fans that can travel to walkersville fan find their way into the stadium tomorrow...there's no excuse for empty seats all over the place against everybody but Allegany - you are either a loyal fan or you're not. too many games have a lot of hype about the fort hill crowd and the intimidating stadium and then half the seats are empty - it looks bad. show up tomorrow!

Honestly, can you blame them for not showing up?

Anybody willing to drive from Cumberland to Walkersville for a Black Friday playoff game is going to show up Saturday, lol. It's the "casual" fan you should worry about.

Reactions: bigsavage
Honestly, can you blame them for not showing up?
Yes! Those young men have worked year round, summer scrimmages in the heat, boring blowouts, injuries, and yet an undefeated season again...and they deserve the same people who wanted them to beat allegany to show up to support them against KC. It is also very important to keep Todd and his staff feeling appreciated!...........

I bet more people would be inclined to show up if they didn't already have to sit through 7 dreadful cream puff teams during the regular season. :D

I bet more people would show up if they actually lived here. The only time we see significant fannies in the seats are games between Keyser, Alco and FH because both teams bring fans. Football is an entertainment for many adults and the measure of it's worth is what it can give to them. And that's fine, but those people are not capable of making judgments based on what is best for FH.

Doesn't matter who FH plays, you can still find plenty of open seats on the home side at the 50 yard line.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsavage
I bet more people would show up if they actually lived here. The only time we see significant fannies in the seats are games between Keyser, Alco and FH because both teams bring fans. Football is an entertainment for many adults and the measure of it's worth is what it can give to them. And that's fine, but those people are not capable of making judgments based on what is best for FH...only what is best for themselves.

I agree and disagree in part... I think people not showing up has less to do with people not living here than it does with who is playing at the stadium... People aren't going to shell out their hard earned money to watch Silver Oak, Capital Christian, Brunswick, Holidaysburg and Fairmont Heights.. And then on top of that ask them to sit through Northern and Kent County to me is just demoralizing and an insult. I can't believe area teams actually charge admission to these games during the regular season along with the MPSSAA charging admission come playoff time for these massacres.. People will pay to see a Linganore, Morgantown, Martinsburg, Damascus, Walkersville, Good Counsel game. I do agree that sports provide a level of entertainment and people should be able to chose and not chose what they want to spend their hard earned money on. I disagree that people can't have an opinion if they chose to keep their money in their pocket. I don't feel you should have to pay to have an opinion or pay to play. In fact people are voicing their opinion by staying home and keeping their money in their pocket... Isn't that the American way? The power of the dollar and the right to spend it where you see fit. That's just absurd to think other wise... Next thing we'll be hearing is "if you don't like it move". Oh we've already heard that tired phrase time and time again...:)

Last edited:
We just disagree. Watch Sherando video and look at all the open silver on the home sidelines. No jobs, no one living in Cumberland with student enrollments cut in half is a much bigger issue in regards to fan attendance. When I played in the 1980s the stands were full even for a game against winless Frederick. While I will agree that games against CCA, MATHS, etc. are not going to draw many people, the gate increase is not that significant for when a team like Good Counsel would come here. Better yes...significantly better no.

But on this topic, it's the state semifinals we are talking about. If the reason you won't attend is because it might be a lopsided score again that's fine. You are just not qualified to make decisions based on what is best for FH. You are making them based on what is best for you. That's all.

We just disagree. Watch Sherando video and look at all the open silver on the home sidelines. No jobs, no one living in Cumberland with student enrollments cut in half is a much bigger issue in regards to fan attendance. When I played in the 1980s the stands were full even for a game against winless Frederick. While I will agree that games against CCA, MATHS, etc. are not going to draw many people, the gate increase is not that significant for when a team like Good Counsel would come here. Better yes...significantly better no.

But on this topic, it's the state semifinals we are talking about. If the reason you won't attend is because it might be a lopsided score again that's fine. You are just not qualified to make decisions based on what is best for FH. You are making them based on what is best for you. That's all.
I completely agree with you but one thing didn't make sense, are you saying more people would come for Good Counsel than Sherando?

2017 SLOGAN
Ask not what you can do for Fort Hill Football, but what can Fort Hill Football do for you.

I like it.

Sherando was 4-3 going into that game and the weather didn't help... An 8-0 Martinsburg, Morgantown, Damascus, or Walkersville would most certainly be a big difference compared to a 4-3 Sherando or 0-6 CC or SO.

I completely agree with you but one thing didn't make sense, are you saying more people would come for Good Counsel than Sherando?

No, I was comparing attendance for a game against CCA or MATHS vs. one against Good Counsel. There will be more fans but not by a whopping amount. Less students, less people, less fans. Believe it or not the CCA game had some people here because FH makes that game youth night. All the youth league kids get to come on the field which brings pretty good attendance. But the Hollidaysburg and Sherando games were not much more crowded actually. I don't totally disagree though and I have made that clear here. Yea, those first 6 games were hard to watch unless you are a FH diehard. But the state semifinal, really?

Reactions: ttturner
its funny how people ask fans to bend over backwards to pay for a poor product but when fans ask for a half way competitive game they become the villain. Regardless I'm not paying hard earned money on a poor product whether its CC, Silver Oak, Fairmont Heights, Brunswick or Kent County...

Its been said many times that its the FH's coaches position that we take it or leave it when it comes to scheduling and the fans opinion doesn't matter... Which I think is foolish especially when you're asking them to pay admission... So I decided to leave it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT