ADVERTISEMENT

Would Frankfort beat Fort Hill this year??

Not going to stir the pot but rather give as fair analysis as I can. it's tough to tell this year given that Fort Hill has not played and Frankfort has already played 5 games. Year in and year out it would not be a close game. Fort Hill has the stronger program for a variety of reasons.

However, every now and then Frankfort has a team that could potentially give Fort Hill a game and with a few breaks pull out a win. Fort Hill is without a doubt a step above all of the area programs. Keyser and at one time Allegany were maybe the two teams that on the right year could play Fort Hill well and with a few breaks snag a win.

It follows the way the chips fall in most regions the last decade or so in high school football. In the eastern panhandle of WV Martinsburg is the dominant team, In the Bridgeport, Clarksburg area it's Bridgeport. It's no different here with Fort Hill being a step up from all the other programs.

I will say that Fort Hill is well coached as is Frankfort, Keyser and Northern. Given the hand the latter three are dealt year in and out their coaching staffs do an amazing job. I often judge a coach by what he does with the talent that walks the halls of his school, how he develops that and builds his program around what he has to pull from.

Reactions: Redwhite90
It's a nonsense question since the 2 programs do not ever play, but to give it an answer. There are levels to this game, and year in year out FH is just on a different level compared to teams like Frankfort. I cant honestly point to a year in the last decade where it wouldnt have been a 40+ point blowout. Frankfort has a good team this year, and had one of the better wins in their history a few weeks ago. Let em enjoy that one. They will undoubtedly best Keyser this year though. No question

I dont think Frankfort will beat Keyser this yr.

I can't see Keyser scoring much on Frankfort so for Keyser to Win they will have to shut Frankfort completely down to win, I can't see Keyser putting up more than 14 on Frankfort this year and I don't think Keyser has much talent at all and the Coaching is for sure down without Biser

I can't see Keyser scoring much on Frankfort so for Keyser to Win they will have to shut Frankfort completely down to win, I can't see Keyser putting up more than 14 on Frankfort this year and I don't think Keyser has much talent at all and the Coaching is for sure down without Biser

Saw some vids on both. I agree.

It should be a good game this year. Frankfort has a scrappy team that despite not having the talent of some of the past squads, is very unified and does not back down or quit. I'm not sure about Keyser and would think the Coach Stephens would be much like Biser in style as he has been part of the staff for a long time.

In all fairness Keyser has had the upper hand during the Biser era for some reason, not sure why. It will be interesting to see if the the tide turns this year.

Keysers team is around one player, he is good, but not enough of a superstar

Are you referring to Powell or Root or Allen or...? I havent been able to watch Frankfort play this year, I do know they are very good. But I dont know if I agree that Keyser is a one player team. Surprisingly they are even passing the ball fairly decently this year too, which is a big change from the Biser era. Either way, it should be a good matchup.

I listened to two games on the radio and those games Powell was either running the ball or the receiver. It sounded like he was active on defense as well

Powell is definitely electric, and when they run sweeps or outside he's pretty good in the open field. But Root is a crazy mobile QB who is throwing the ball really well. Drae Allen is a wrecking ball at RB...and then you throw in some pretty good supporting receivers...idk, I think Keyser's offense is really good. On defense their youth shows tho, but they have some pretty good players in the making. That's where Frankfort will have to take advantage of the game. My guess is it will be a high scoring affair either way.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Answer to first Question--NO. Now where the one player from Keyser is all they have is a joke. No football team is ever about one player. Keyser has a decent team this year but will they win a state championship, I think not but neither will Frankfort. That game should be a really good game this year and I would give Frankfort the edge to win at home.

Reactions: RedPride97
Good information, I’ve only heard them twice on the radio and I heard his name a lot. That’s all i was going by

Washington 20 Frankfort 19

lol....

" I can't see Keyser putting up more than 14 on Frankfort this year and I don't think Keyser has much talent at all "

Keyser handled washington pretty easily. Like I said, I think they are the favorite for the mineral bowl. But again, it could be a fun game.

Washington 20 Frankfort 19

lol....

" I can't see Keyser putting up more than 14 on Frankfort this year and I don't think Keyser has much talent at all "
You do realize Keyser lost to 1-2 Pt. Pleasant Tonight by 10 points.
Frankfort has a defense but will need to find some kind of an offense.
Washington put up 42 against Spring Mills, 35 against Keyser, 49 on Hedgesville and 40 on Berkeley Springs. So I would say holding them to 20 was pretty good but Frankfort needs to Score some to win these types of games on the road.
the Truth is NONE of them are really that good, Keyser, Frankfort, Spring Mills, Hedgesville, Berkeley Springs are all benefitting from really bad football everywhere around them.
Martinsburg is athletic but coaching doesn't look great without Walker.
Biser is probably kicking himself for going to Morgantown.
obtw Frankfort 21 Keyser 14

You don't know your arse from your elbow, PP was beat by Bluefield and Oak Glen lol
they lost by 23 to Oak Glen and that GREAT P.P. Team Won 4 Games Last Season. if you think those Teams are World Beaters You Sir Have No Clue but Glad You Came Back Around Since You Went in Hiding for a Few Years

After this past week's game with Jefferson, I'm going to reiterate my earlier comment and say I think Keyser handles Frankfort with relative ease this year. Barring injuries or anything else that could happen in this crazy season.

The defense continues to need work, especially against the pass - offensively tho, I've been pleasantly surprised by the play calling. Root had almost 300 yards passing and 4 TDs this past week in addition to about 300 yards rushing for the team - and I realize that several of those passing TDs were big plays that racked up a ton of yardage, but still, Keyser having 300 yards passing would be about as surprising as Fort Hill having 300 yards passing lol.

Allen and Powell continue to be great at running the ball, and Root has done a nice job at mixing in some passes, but we can add Sammy Bradfield to the list of growing threats as he shredded the Cougar defense on the play action passes. Against a better defense, maybe not - but for what its worth, he ran some great routes and showed some nice speed. The play calling has been a good mix of run and pass, still ultimately "run first" but when the defenses are daring Keyser to throw, they seem to jump at the chance and have done it very well. It's a very evident coaching change in philosophy from Coach Stephen.

Anyway - I miss talking about football, so there ya have it. I think right now, if the Min Bowl was played this week, I would give Keyser 16 points on Frankfort. Thoughts?

After this past week's game with Jefferson, I'm going to reiterate my earlier comment and say I think Keyser handles Frankfort with relative ease this year. Barring injuries or anything else that could happen in this crazy season.

The defense continues to need work, especially against the pass - offensively tho, I've been pleasantly surprised by the play calling. Root had almost 300 yards passing and 4 TDs this past week in addition to about 300 yards rushing for the team - and I realize that several of those passing TDs were big plays that racked up a ton of yardage, but still, Keyser having 300 yards passing would be about as surprising as Fort Hill having 300 yards passing lol.

Allen and Powell continue to be great at running the ball, and Root has done a nice job at mixing in some passes, but we can add Sammy Bradfield to the list of growing threats as he shredded the Cougar defense on the play action passes. Against a better defense, maybe not - but for what its worth, he ran some great routes and showed some nice speed. The play calling has been a good mix of run and pass, still ultimately "run first" but when the defenses are daring Keyser to throw, they seem to jump at the chance and have done it very well. It's a very evident coaching change in philosophy from Coach Stephen.

Anyway - I miss talking about football, so there ya have it. I think right now, if the Min Bowl was played this week, I would give Keyser 16 points on Frankfort. Thoughts?
I'm gonna backtrack and say Keyser likely wins it this year. I think 16 points is a little steep. I'd say probably around 7-10 points

I've seen Frankfort a couple of times this year on TV. There's not a whole lot of team speed there but the coaching staff does very well with them. They play good fundamental football, which wins games. The problem will be adjusting to Keyser's speed.

Thanks to Bigdawgs posts, I've watched Keyser against Jefferson. Keyser is fast and they play fast. Their problem on defense is that they don't tackle well as a team. This might keep Frankfort in the game. I think that this year, it is going to be a Keyser win, with turnovers deciding the margin of victory. ( Frankfort has fumbled at least once in every game I've seen them, Keyser is throwing the ball, and anytime the ball is in the air, it's subject to being picked.) I know, I'm from the Woody Hayes school of not throwing the ball. LOL!

Enjoying the post guys. The one thing that has surprised me this year about Keyser is that Gavin Root really has a nice pass and they throw more then Sean Biser did but not to extreme. Gavin can really throw well. On defense they need much better pass defense and I am sure that the tackling dummys took a beating this past week at practice. Over all I am pleased with their effort while keeping in mind that they lost most all of their line on both sides of the ball to graduation. Mineral Bowl will be a battle for sure!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT