ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Johnson makes Detroit Lions 53 man roster

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Looks like Ty beat out the Lions 5th round pick from New Mexico State in last April's Draft. I just cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it is to make a NFL roster every year. Looking around the league at some of the names that were let go today is amazing. Today at 4:00 was the NFL deadline to get the roster to 53 players.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Adrian Peterson is signing with the Lions. That gives them 6 rbs

Peterson gives the Lions another power back as Bo Scarbrough just can't stay healthy. They had to have another power back behind Kerryon (who also missed a good chunk of last season with injury). Scarbrough has been out most of preseason which is why Jonathan Williams was given a shot this preseason before getting cut. Hope that means Ty is good to stick around. It seems from reports that the scat back designation was a pure battle between Ty and and 5th round draft pick Jason Huntley out of New Mexico State. Most insiders felt it was going to signal the end of Ty in Detroit. Guess the coaches made their choice.

Peterson gives the Lions another power back as Bo Scarbrough just can't stay healthy. They had to have another power back behind Kerryon (who also missed a good chunk of last season with injury). Scarbrough has been out most of preseason which is why Jonathan Williams was given a shot this preseason before getting cut. Hope that means Ty is good to stick around. It seems from reports that the scat back designation was a pure battle between Ty and and 5th round draft pick Jason Huntley out of New Mexico State. Most insiders felt it was going to signal the end of Ty in Detroit. Guess the coaches made their choice.
I saw that Peterson was acquired. That is not good for Ty. Even though he made the roster, he is still at the bottom of the rotation (so to speak) and could be trade bait. I sure hope not. He is such a great kid.

I saw that Peterson was acquired. That is not good for Ty. Even though he made the roster, he is still at the bottom of the rotation (so to speak) and could be trade bait. I sure hope not. He is such a great kid.

I think Ty is good for this year. He probably wouldn't be traded. His salary is very cap friendly. They expect Huntley to clear waivers and sign to their practice squad.

The Lions continue to be the Lions. Blow a 23-6 lead to Chicago. Up by 10 with under 5 minutes and crawl into their usual 4th quarter ultra conservative shell. Seen this at least 6 times since just Ty made the squad last year. Coach Patricia is in deep trouble. But if you read the Detroit Lions forums -- they all say changing coaches never matters in this city. It's a curse.

Top RB rookie Swift dropped the game winning touchdown. Ty would have caught that one, LOL. But I'm growing weary of hearing about what a great QB Stafford is. He isn't bad, but he certainly isn't great. Threw a key interception at the end of the game that killed Detroit yet again.

I knew when they drafted Swift in the 2nd round his playing time would be cut drastically. Now that they signed AP, well....

Many Detroit fans seem to frown on Kerryon Johnson now with AP in the lineup. Kerryon just doesn't have the burst.

ADVERTISEMENT