CAYFL Football Championships Games
Division II followed by Division I

Saturday, November 3 6PM
Atlantic Channel 20
HD Streaming on ROKU and Apple TV "Boxcast" Channel / Commercial Video
”Homecoming 2018”
Fort Hill vs. Allegany Varsity Football

Last edited:
Why isn't homecoming being streamed live? Is Cumberland really that behind in technology?

Why isn't homecoming being streamed live? Is Cumberland really that behind in technology?

I wasn't exactly going to ask it like that, because Greg H does a great job in putting together and broadcasting local football games, and has for a very long time...

But the question for Greg remains, any chance we'll get live streaming capabilities this year or in the near future?

I wasn't exactly going to ask it like that, because Greg H does a great job in putting together and broadcasting local football games, and has for a very long time...

But the question for Greg remains, any chance we'll get live streaming capabilities this year or in the near future?

We are not "behind in technology" Commercial Video streams many live events. It's not a technical issue. The Board of Education does not allow live video streaming of the games.

We are not "behind in technology" Commercial Video streams many live events. It's not a technical issue. The Board of Education does not allow live video streaming of the games.

Just curious Greg.. Is their reasoning because they own the rights to the broadcast, and want to retain any applicable editing rights before it goes live so they can cut out anything they wouldn't want in there?

Then charge a couple bucks, or block local IPs. I try to make a homecoming every few years, but I live in Louisiana so coming every year isn't going to happen.

Then charge a couple bucks, or block local IPs. I try to make a homecoming every few years, but I live in Louisiana so coming every year isn't going to happen.
This is a good idea. Why not charge a small fee to watch live. Something like pay-per-view. It would have to be simple to get and available live on-line-only. The schools get a kick back and probably make more money since more would tune in than would otherwise be willing to make the short trip to the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT