ADVERTISEMENT

The Gilmores

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
No, not a comedy show on Fox
laugh.r191677.gif

Got to sit in with Matt and Jack Gilmore tonight on Magic 100 on the Allegany/Northern pregame. Two good guys Allegany should be happy to have on their side broadcasting. Same goes for Rock and Jim on WCBC. All good people.

Jack has some really great stories. I can listen to him spin those things on any given day.

But we talked about the playoff format and how most everyone doesn't like it. Hopefully that thing changes in my lifetime. We have discussed this topic here before. I walk away from the conversations thinking most people favor the West Virginia 1-16 seeding format. If someone has a better idea, would love to hear it.

This post was edited on 10/24 10:55 PM by TDHelmick

Originally posted by TDHelmick:
No, not a comedy show on Fox
laugh.r191677.gif

Got to sit in with Matt and Jack Gilmore tonight on Magic 100 on the Allegany/Northern pregame. Two good guys Allegany should be happy to have on their side broadcasting. Same goes for Rock and Jim on WCBC. All good people.

Jack has some really great stories. I can listen to him spin those things on any given day.

But we talked about the playoff format and how most everyone doesn't like it. Hopefully that thing changes in my lifetime. We have discussed this topic here before. I walk away from the conversations thinking most people favor the West Virginia 1-16 seeding format. If someone has a better idea, would love to hear it.

This post was edited on 10/24 10:55 PM by TDHelmick
I heard it. Nice job. I do appreciate their unbridled honesty during the game - despite the fact that they forget on radio to relate the basics. One needs to actually give basic details of what is going on while it is going on. It is more like there are two color men and nobody consistently covering play by play. Oh well. Loved the patter.

Todd-Thanks for the kind words. We should thank you again for sitting in with us last Friday Night. Todd is the Guru of the MD Playoff system and was able to provide us with some great insight.

Lag-Thanks for listening, we do our best to call it like we see it. We want Allegany to play well and win, but we will offer comments when appropriate. As for the referees, Dad still loves to get on them. Sorry if we can be hard to follow sometimes, Dad and I fall into our own sort of non-verbal communication about what we see, and sometimes forget people need to be told what is happening. We will work on it.

Camper21502-I think the guys on WCBC are great. If you enjoy listening to them, don't stop.

Lastly, I want to tell everybody Jack and I will be broadcasting live on Homecoming Morning, from 9-11, at Patrick's Pub in Cumberland. Sean and the gang at Pats will have a breakfast buffet and full bar going to get you ready for the game, while Jack and I talk Homecoming football. If you want to stop by and ask a question, talk about the top 50 countdown, or anything else, feel free. We will be talking football, getting everybody ready for the game.

Again, thanks for your comments, and thanks for listening. Matt

Originally posted by MGMagic100.5:

Todd-Thanks for the kind words. We should thank you again for sitting in with us last Friday Night. Todd is the Guru of the MD Playoff system and was able to provide us with some great insight.

Lag-Thanks for listening, we do our best to call it like we see it. We want Allegany to play well and win, but we will offer comments when appropriate. As for the referees, Dad still loves to get on them. Sorry if we can be hard to follow sometimes, Dad and I fall into our own sort of non-verbal communication about what we see, and sometimes forget people need to be told what is happening. We will work on it.

Camper21502-I think the guys on WCBC are great. If you enjoy listening to them, don't stop.

Lastly, I want to tell everybody Jack and I will be broadcasting live on Homecoming Morning, from 9-11, at Patrick's Pub in Cumberland. Sean and the gang at Pats will have a breakfast buffet and full bar going to get you ready for the game, while Jack and I talk Homecoming football. If you want to stop by and ask a question, talk about the top 50 countdown, or anything else, feel free. We will be talking football, getting everybody ready for the game.

Again, thanks for your comments, and thanks for listening. Matt
I listen to the games online... admittedly, I get all sentimental hearing you guys. Keep up the good work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT