ADVERTISEMENT

Tavin Willis

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Another name that keeps popping up on the Fort Hill football roster. Tavin will only be a sophomore this coming fall but he is putting in the work and getting some recognition. College Football Today recruiting source has him listed as one of the top 300 players nationally for the Class of 2023.

LINK: https://www.collegefootballtoday.org/top2023footballrecruits.html
Listed as an ATH at #165 on their current list.

It's not the actual ranking that means much, but just the fact someone from around here has put himself out there with enough ability to get recognized. That is something Cumberland has been missing for many decades. What's great to see is that the parents and family are really doing all the work and putting in the time at camps, showcases, etc.

Back when I started helping local football athletes get recruited back in 2008, kids never even knew what a highlight video was and they were not traveling to places where college coaches watch them compete. That's all changed for the better thanks to parents and family stepping up. I always told athletes I worked with that it was not up to their head coach to get them a scholarship. That task was on them and their family. Put yourself out there young man!!

Great work. Great work.

Another name that keeps popping up on the Fort Hill football roster. Tavin will only be a sophomore this coming fall but he is putting in the work and getting some recognition. College Football Today recruiting source has him listed as one of the top 300 players nationally for the Class of 2023.

LINK: https://www.collegefootballtoday.org/top2023footballrecruits.html
Listed as an ATH at #165 on their current list.

It's not the actual ranking that means much, but just the fact someone from around here has put himself out there with enough ability to get recognized. That is something Cumberland has been missing for many decades. What's great to see is that the parents and family are really doing all the work and putting in the time at camps, showcases, etc.

Back when I started helping local football athletes get recruited back in 2008, kids never even knew what a highlight video was and they were not traveling to places where college coaches watch them compete. That's all changed for the better thanks to parents and family stepping up. I always told athletes I worked with that it was not up to their head coach to get them a scholarship. That task was on them and their family. Put yourself out there young man!!

Great work. Great work.

Tavin is another good kid. His mother and her SO have really done a great job of taking Tavin to camps and working with him.

Reactions: FHHSAHS
As with any sport, the kids have to get themselves in front of the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT