ADVERTISEMENT

State Title Games Question

I know NFHS network will carry them all. The broadcasts are very good and far better than what you would from them during the regular season

I live in Northern VA now and we used to get all the championship games on our local CW affiliate. Don’t know how that works in Western MD though. Shoot, I don’t even know if that’s the case this year.

From looking at the MPSSAA website, I believe they will only be streamed on the NFHS Network. You can get a monthly pass for $12, which is less than what you would pay for admission and parking anyways. I bought the year pass for $80 and have been pretty happy with it. You can watch games from all over the country and most of the feeds are decent but not all schools have live feeds. The score and time isn't always accurate but it doesn't really detract from the experience. Some have announcers (been watching some Texas playoff games and they tend to have them), most around here don't, but you can usually hear the PA announcer and know what's going on. The final games here should have announcer commentary though. If you cant make the trip to Annapolis and really want to watch, I think the $12 is worth it.

Thanks again. I want to watch all three days. I'll be down there on Saturday, but I don't think that I can hang for the Oakdale game. (I'm an old guy!) I may have my wife record it off of the feed if she can.

if you only want to watch it for 1 month $12, make sure to go in and cancel or they will keep rebilling you. I think as soon as they bill you the $12 you can then go in and cancel. What is nice is with the 1 month subscription you can go back and watch all the prior games if NFHS had them

I will agree that the overall quality of the presentation for the championships seems to be much higher and they have relatively decent commentators, where most of the regular season you had to listen to the on field announcers (from a distance) 🤔

if you only want to watch it for 1 month $12, make sure to go in and cancel or they will keep rebilling you. I think as soon as they bill you the $12 you can then go in and cancel. What is nice is with the 1 month subscription you can go back and watch all the prior games if NFHS had them
Thank you very much for the good info! Came up, from Florida, for one of the championships. Have to be content to watch them on computer, or listen on WTBO. Thanks again JIm

I will agree that the overall quality of the presentation for the championships seems to be much higher and they have relatively decent commentators, where most of the regular season you had to listen to the on field announcers (from a distance) 🤔
What's even worse is on many local games when you watch on demand you get to hear the same damn drunk guy mumbling nonsense on a loop. The MR games had a good sounding announcer live, but they didn't record the audio. So, they overdubbed the fan noise loop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT