ADVERTISEMENT

Southern coaches

Red Dude

Blue Chip Poster
Aug 18, 2004
Congrats on a good season. I'm glad to see you're headed in the right direction and wish you luck in the future. BUT- I hope you all learned something tonight!! Don't piss off the biggest, toughest guy in town.

I'm sorry, but I won't have any respect for Southern again until Nazelrod and staff publish a full public apology for letting jealousy lead to unfounded assumptions.
Agreed. On the flip side, when Appel has said things in the past about his own players on the radio that should have been kept in house I could not imagine how bad those players and their families felt. Perhaps the old karma has found a way back around and maybe next time he is doing an interview he'll think about this experience before he says something that may hurt somebody else.

Agreed. On the flip side, when Appel has said things in the past about his own players on the radio that should have been kept in house I could not imagine how bad those players and their families felt. Perhaps the old karma has found a way back around and maybe next time he is doing an interview he'll think about this experience before he says something that may hurt somebody else.

Proof please.

The problem child that got em to the championship game last year... lol.. I heard it as well.. so what if he is a wild child keep that in house...

Reactions: camper21502
The problem child that got em to the championship game last year... lol.. I heard it as well.. so what if he is a wild child keep that in house...

It was about the young man's grades as I recall. Things that are considered acceptable when you are viewed godlike in your town don't go over well when the media ain't local at the time.

Proof please.
You've been on this site a while. I know you've read the comments about this topic before, however, if you'd like proof you are going to have to ask the radio station to send you a transcript as that is where it was said. You truly don't remember the comments about a kid who had just had a amazing game and he was asked to comment he said "I wish he'd work as hard in the class as on the field(very classy sharing with the public a kids classroom performance). As a side note I know the family personally and the kid has some learning issues that he's struggled with his whole life. How about when asked how proud he was of his starting fb after a championship state title he said "I wish he'd work as hard off the field with his behavior as he worked on the field with football, he gives me a lot of headaches", blaming an offensive lineman for missing a block which caused a critical fumble in a playoff game(there was only one fumble so it was obvious who he was singling out and blaming), blaming TH for making the schedule last year that was soooo hard and tough it just wasn't fair fh had to play it...is that enough?

Are you guys talking about the same coach that left some of his kids at an away scrimmage??? Or are we talking about that christian coach who praises GOD after every win but forgets about him when they lose??? I think you guys are talking about that dude who threw Helmick under the bus..

Reactions: OneRing
You've been on this site a while. I know you've read the comments about this topic before, however, if you'd like proof you are going to have to ask the radio station to send you a transcript as that is where it was said. You truly don't remember the comments about a kid who had just had a amazing game and he was asked to comment he said "I wish he'd work as hard in the class as on the field(very classy sharing with the public a kids classroom performance). As a side note I know the family personally and the kid has some learning issues that he's struggled with his whole life. How about when asked how proud he was of his starting fb after a championship state title he said "I wish he'd work as hard off the field with his behavior as he worked on the field with football, he gives me a lot of headaches", blaming an offensive lineman for missing a block which caused a critical fumble in a playoff game(there was only one fumble so it was obvious who he was singling out and blaming), blaming TH for making the schedule last year that was soooo hard and tough it just wasn't fair fh had to play it...is that enough?

It's just a knee-jerk auto response for any Sentinel Justice Warrior. Of course he remembers all that stuff, but he can pretend like it didn't happen if someone doesn't provide an actual official transcript from the radio.

It's a political tactic they keep trying to force into a sports forum. It requires no thought and is the laziest form of deflection.

Are you guys talking about the same coach that left some of his kids at an away scrimmage??? Or are we talking about that christian coach who praises GOD after every win but forgets about him when they lose??? I think you guys are talking about that dude who threw Helmick under the bus..
the christian/religious part is very annoying but in all fairness doesn't every coach/athlete forget to thank god when they lose?
separate thing but related - of all things the message of the sermon in church today was "he who is without sin cast the first stone". that would be none of us, including coaches.

Reactions: Argox66
the christian/religious part is very annoying but in all fairness doesn't every coach/athlete forget to thank god when they lose?
Not Tim Tebow lol.. I guess it just depends on the person/christian... I would think if you bring the Lord up everytime when things are good then you could also mention him when times aren't so good...Especially when your the one bringing religion into sports..

Last edited:

I suppose we all can't be perfect.

Not Tim Tebow lol.. I guess it just depends on the person/christian... I would think if you bring the Lord up everytime when things are good then you could also mention him when times aren't so good...Especially when your the one bringing religion into sports..

Prior to publicly dumping on a player about his grades, I often commented that the schools should merge and Appel should be the coach. That did it for me.

With all of Appel's constant thanking God for wins, I wonder why he hasn't sold all of his possessions and given the money to the poor. After all, that is God's standard.

It must be lonely out there all by yourself. No one would follow you, even into the latrine.

You're not really a leader. Leaders lead by example. One of the first rules of leadership that is learned.
At least you admit misery loves company.
If any of you whackjobs followed me anywhere I'd rethink my life. As the rest of society wishes you would.
Honestly, the fact that I'm on the wrong side of some angry, obsessed tools who still wish they were in high school in their 30s and 40s tells me I'm much better off than you.

Doesn't hurt to at least try.
he's missing the point, again, it was already said nobody's perfect, none of us. i think we need to keep in mind that includes southern's coaches who nobody is defending. if a fh coach is allowed to not be perfect than i guess the southern coaches are allowed too, right?

Last edited:
he's missing the point, again, it was already said nobody's perfect, none of us. i think we need to keep in mind that includes southern's coaches who nobody is defending. if a fh coach is allowed to not be perfect than i guess the southern coaches are allowed to, right?
In the real world, it would mean that. In the 'upside-down' that is these forums, only the FH coach gets the pass.

Well, since Coach Nazelrod started his career under Coach Lattimer at FH, perhaps he will be "grandfathered in" and eventually everyone can move on.

In the real world, it would mean that. In the 'upside-down' that is these forums, only the FH coach gets the pass.[/QU

he's missing the point, again, it was already said nobody's perfect, none of us. i think we need to keep in mind that includes southern's coaches who nobody is defending. if a fh coach is allowed to not be perfect than i guess the southern coaches are allowed too, right?
Do you not realize the damage that can be done by making unsubstantiated allegations? FH had false allegations of racism by by Dunbar (DC) a few years ago, and even though there was no racism there are still those on this forum, and some out in HS football land, who insist there was. Not because there was proof, but because some jealous high school coach decided to pull it out of where he keeps his brains. So, no. Without a sincere public apology, this isn't going to just be resolved by the simple claim that "nobody's perfect." You can't just throw out wild allegations and not expect to be held accountable for your claims.

Do you not realize the damage that can be done by making unsubstantiated allegations? FH had false allegations of racism by by Dunbar (DC) a few years ago, and even though there was no racism there are still those on this forum, and some out in HS football land, who insist there was. Not because there was proof, but because some jealous high school coach decided to pull it out of where he keeps his brains. So, no. Without a sincere public apology, this isn't going to just be resolved by the simple claim that "nobody's perfect." You can't just throw out wild allegations and not expect to be held accountable for your claims.

The racism issue brought harm to the school. This helmet stuff made Southern the butt-end of jokes.

The racism issue brought harm to the school. This helmet stuff made Southern the butt-end of jokes.
Perhaps, but I guarantee you'll still hear about this alleged "cheating" in months/years to come as if it was the gospel truth.

I realize all too well that when you make allegations or statements about high school boys on the radio for the world to hear it is very damaging. The sad thing is he's a grown ass man who was accused of something without proof, so nobody is seeing that as a negative on him, just the people who made the accusations. I'm wondering why you are so quick to defend him but not the boys he made the statements about.

Reactions: OneRing
Yet you liked a post by Red, White and Through where he falsely claimed that the Southern players are racist. Why the massive hypocrisy?

But it just proves I am still right about you. You cry when someone accuses FH of racism and cheer when FH accuses others if it.

This is why you are an embarrassment. I dont expect a reply since you arent Intelligent enough to come up with one.

I'm wondering why you are so quick to defend him but not the boys he made the statements about.
Thats an easy answer. His massive, uncontrollable bias. He's incapable of blaming FH regardless of the facts.

... I'm wondering why you are so quick to defend him but not the boys he made the statements about.
Why do you assume I'm not? I said FH, as in the collective body, including the young men that that name actually represents. I didn't specifically say they need to apologize to "Appel", did I?

You're awfully quick to judge, aren't you?

Amen...Amen to what?? Did you even read my reply or are you merely playing follow the leader of ill repute? Thinking for yourself would serve you better.
'You dont think like me so you must be wrong and can't think for yourself!'

All you did was prove rbg's point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT