ADVERTISEMENT

Sharing a personal story -- Hollidaysburg recruiting

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
When Fort Hill visited Hollidaysburg on September 20 I could not help but notice during pregame warm ups the Golden Tigers had this senior student-athlete playing running back at 6'6, 225 lbs. A few FH coaches had mentioned this to me in the weeks prior that they had a 6'6 running back but I never really paid much attention.

So anyway, I'm watching this guy run and catch in warm ups and he looks very athletic and agile with great hands. So I look him up on my cell phone internet and find out he is the team's leading rusher. After the game I meet him to shake his hand. I'm looking up at him and he is absolutely every bit of 6'6 tall or more. After exchanging greetings I ask him if he was talking to any college coaches of which he says No. I ask if he was interested in playing college football and he says that has always been my dream.

OK, why are you not talking to college coaches? He says colleges don't recruit Hollidaysburg because we don't win championships and they never come here to see us. Oh man!

Let this be a valuable lesson to high school prospects. Don't wait for coaches to come find you. I think most know this by now but obviously the world still has uninformed prospects.

I get his contact info, we chat that Monday and I'm like someone please tell me what I am missing with this guy. He is a legit 6'6, 225. Carries a 3.5 GPA. He plays for the Hollidaysburg tennis team. He plays rugby for two club teams and he can run and catch extremely well. THE KID IS 6'6! And he leads his team in rushing!!! He didn't have a highlight video but he threw a quick one together as soon as I asked. More to come.

He is not a RB at the next level but somebody is going to love this kid at TE or maybe the DL.

So please allow me to introduce to some of you Trent Paddock. Let's see if we get his college paid for with some help from Cumberland. Crazy world, things sometimes happen for a reason I guess.

TRENT PADDOCK
6'6, 225 lbs.
3.5 GPA
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

Last edited:
Kid looks like he moves really well for his size, I think he would be a solid TE prospect, no reason he can't get a D2 or even FCS opportunity this late.

When Fort Hill visited Hollidaysburg on September 20 I could not help but notice during pregame warm ups the Golden Tigers had this senior student-athlete playing running back at 6'6, 225 lbs. A few FH coaches had mentioned this to me in the weeks prior that they had a 6'6 running back but I never really paid much attention.

So anyway, I'm watching this guy run and catch in warm ups and he looks very athletic and agile with great hands. So I look him up on my cell phone internet and find out he is the team's leading rusher. After the game I meet him to shake his hand. I'm looking up at him and he is absolutely every bit of 6'6 tall or more. After exchanging greetings I ask him if he was talking to any college coaches of which he says No. I ask if he was interested in playing college football and he says that has always been my dream.

OK, why are you not talking to college coaches? He says colleges don't recruit Hollidaysburg because we don't win championships and they never come here to see us. Oh man!

Let this be a valuable lesson to high school prospects. Don't wait for coaches to come find you. I think most know this by now but obviously the world still has uninformed prospects.

I get his contact info, we chat that Monday and I'm like someone please tell me what I am missing with this guy. He is a legit 6'6, 225. Carries a 3.5 GPA. He plays for the Hollidaysburg tennis team. He plays rugby for two club teams and he can run and catch extremely well. THE KID IS 6'6! And he leads his team in rushing!!! He didn't have a highlight video but he threw a quick one together as soon as I asked. More to come.

He is not a RB at the next level but somebody is going to love this kid at TE or maybe the DL.

So please allow me to introduce to some of you Trent Paddock. Let's see if we get his college paid for with some help from Cumberland. Crazy world, things sometimes happen for a reason I guess.

TRENT PADDOCK
6'6, 225 lbs.
3.5 GPA
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

So it's not just a Cumberland thing...... Interesting. This kid's been dis-serviced by his high school coach(es) and should definitely be playing football in college next year.

TRENT PADDOCK
6'6, 225 lbs.
3.5 GPA
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

I felt pretty certain I saw on Facebook awhile back something about a Hollidaysburg kid going to Towson to play ball so I checked the roster and sure enough, freshman Brock Irvin is on there. Not sure if he is on scholarship or not but I would think that having that connection would help Trent to at least have a conversation with coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT