ADVERTISEMENT

ridgerunners vs SENTINELS !

Wow, I'm so glad the local Schools finally joined the NFHS Network
$69.99 a Year or $10.99 a Month.
Watching Football, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball from many other States
seems like a no brainer, I love listening to the crowd, the announcer and the Official and not The TV or Radio guys

new coach, huge difference. I think we all knew that Coach Apple was good at what he did.

Not taking anything away from Todd, but he had the luxury of having his kids all winter, spring and summer going into the fall season. With this covid thing, Alkire has not had that. Now you throw in the changes made to the system, no scrimmages, Mt. Ridge having a game under their belt, and a very average senior class, it's no wonder there was a step backwards.

We won't get a good read on Fort Hill, or any other team until this Fall. It has been interesting to see how the three coaches of the local schools are approaching these games. I'm seeing Fort Hill and Alco balancing giving the seniors playing time and getting the underclassmen enough playing time to get ready for next year. I didn't notice the Ridge using many subs, it's more like they're fine tuning.
Ridge is certainly ahead of both City schools at this point. But here's the key. These games mean next to nothing. These kids are practicing and playing for the love of the game, and personal pride. That's it, there's nothing more.

Personally, I'll be going out each week and watch these young men play, and then I'll go home and watch the game again during the week. My hat goes off to each and every one of them with special kudos to those seniors who decided come out and play if only for four weeks.

Y'all remember these exact same teams with actual preparation played to a 31-6 blowout victory for FH, right? Big ups to MR for being much more prepared for this game. But these two same teams, with all the same players, met 4 months ago and it was not that close. A healthy Breven Stubbs alone is probably worth a 14 point swing on defense and offense.

Not making excuses, MR was by far the better prepared team and owned FH on the line. But coach Alkire already soundly beat this same MR team earlier this season. Calling for his head already is indicative of some of the absolute morons who call themselves FH fans. Jeez.

ADVERTISEMENT