ADVERTISEMENT

Radio coverage

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
Does anyone know if any radio station picked up Mountain Ridge's football games this fall? Total crap that they are the only local team that I know of that doesn't have their games on radio.

The only announcement I’ve heard is WCBC has signed on to broadcast FSU’s games. FSU prepping to jump to Division II over the next few years.

It does suck about the Miners games. Sponsors of broadcasts may be a big part of that!

As it comes to light , it would be nice if people would post who covers each team, whether on the radio or over the internet. Also, what stations or where may you find weekly area high school football sports shows. It is often enjoyable to listen to some of these out of area broadcasts or sports talk shows for those of us who may be out of the area that week. I know wcbc has a talk show pregame but I forget the day or time.. Anyone have info?

It's more than the only county school without a radio broadcast. They are the only county school that has to search for a home coming game. Let's face it they are the red headed stepchild of Allegany County high school football. It's time we do away with this set up for Homecoming. Let your home game against a county team be your Homecoming. ( As a rule, the gates are usually larger, which means more money for the schools.) Each team in the county plays a home and away county schedule, this would work and it might inspire MR to become a little more competitive as well. Not to mention that each school would now get to dictate how they want to present their own homecoming.

It's more than the only county school without a radio broadcast. They are the only county school that has to search for a home coming game. Let's face it they are the red headed stepchild of Allegany County high school football. It's time we do away with this set up for Homecoming. Let your home game against a county team be your Homecoming. ( As a rule, the gates are usually larger, which means more money for the schools.) Each team in the county plays a home and away county schedule, this would work and it might inspire MR to become a little more competitive as well. Not to mention that each school would now get to dictate how they want to present their own homecoming.

Honestly, I don't believe that MR needs any more inspiration to become more competitive, what has happened there is a head scratchier to say the least.

As an added note, I did find out that Mountain Ridge games will be carried on 106.7 FM Willie this fall. I haven't found out if that station can be streamed through any source as of yet. I have tried a couple different methods but have come up empty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT