ADVERTISEMENT

Punt returns called back

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
After watching a chunk of college football games today I realized that punt returns draw a flag more than 60% of the time. Its that way in high school and the NFL. Not fair catches but an actual return. Block in the back, holding, crack back block , take your pick. Cmon refs stop being g so freaking picky about every single return.

FH has had about 5 returns for touchdowns called back this year. Some legit calls some bogus. It's like holding. They can call it everytime if they want..Waste of time. Minus well not even have returns any more. Just blow the whistle when caught.

After watching a chunk of college football games today I realized that punt returns draw a flag more than 60% of the time. Its that way in high school and the NFL. Not fair catches but an actual return. Block in the back, holding, crack back block , take your pick. Cmon refs stop being g so freaking picky about every single return.

FH has had about 5 returns for touchdowns called back this year. Some legit calls some bogus. It's like holding. They can call it everytime if they want..Waste of time. Minus well not even have returns any more. Just blow the whistle when caught.
To be honest, unless you got a ty johnson back there, I'd almost never have my players return punts. Catch it, yes, to save field position, but don't worry about the return. The other team is giving you the ball. Don't want to fumble it back to them trying to get a few yards on a return.

To be honest, unless you got a ty johnson back there, I'd almost never have my players return punts. Catch it, yes, to save field position, but don't worry about the return. The other team is giving you the ball. Don't want to fumble it back to them trying to get a few yards on a return.
fair point. the other side of the coin is you get a really good return for an easy td but it's called back because someone doesn't know you can't take your hand and smack somebody in the face mask.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT