ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for This Season

FH is loaded with players one of the better backfields they’ve had in a while, but couldn’t score much against Northern

This Fort Hill team is hard to read. They are blessed with very good backs, but showed only two actual linemen out of five. (The other three are 185 pound slower fullbacks.) Against Northern they were penalized more than any Fort Hill team that I can remember. Not all of those penalties were the result of players mistakes. They had seven possessions leading to three scores, two turnovers (ints.), one punt and took a knee at the end of the game inside the red zone. In short they didn't look like they were ready to play a game, but came away with a win. The good news is that everything that went wrong can be corrected. We will see if we have an Appel or a Chaney as the head Coach in the next few weeks.

BTW, The defense looked pretty stout as Northern started on Fort Hill's side of the field at least three times.

The kicking game showed some improvement but still needs some work, kick off coverage bigtime.

Without improvement this team can go 3 -5. If they can fix things, which I think that they will, they are a 6 -2 to an 8 -0 team. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that we have another Appel with some different looks.

It's also possible, with FH's history with Northern, that the kids overlooked them with who is coming in this week. BTW, Old Mill returned the opening KO in their game for a TD. The OL still needs to gel and that will come with experience.

Very well stated. Not being able to get plays in the game and penalties are things that weren't exactly unusual when Appel was coach. To see those things continue is not a good sign. It wouldn't be fair to judge after one game but after two or three I think you are right, it's going to break one way or the other. FH has such little success in just about all other sports that it would only be natural for them to become average in football too.

Very well stated. Not being able to get plays in the game and penalties are things that weren't exactly unusual when Appel was coach. To see those things continue is not a good sign. It wouldn't be fair to judge after one game but after two or three I think you are right, it's going to break one way or the other. FH has such little success in just about all other sports that it would only be natural for them to become average in football too.
Speaking of which...what happened to Sherando this year?

The facts are that most of the FH sports programs are underperforming. two things cause years of being a loser.... players and coaches.....if the coaches are good and the players are bad you still wont be very good.....if the players are good but the coaches are bad you still wont measure up.... the idea is to get good players and develop them behind a system that has standards that enables teams to be successful. Appel did a very good job of doing that. the coaches in these other sports that don't do well have to ask themselves 3 questions....1) do i have the players to win 2) what am i doing that has created a loser and 3) am i WILLING to do what is necessary to be a winner?
not rocket science

Has FH or MR lost? I dont see that happening until they play each other--hopefully twice

Alco got their 4 wins with a chance to win 3 more, they have a good shot at 7-2
they will get 6 with losses to Northern and Fort Hill.
Fort Hill is The Team that surprises me, they looked horrible early, their defense looks good for sure but I watch in awe some of these teams that come in as I know Oakdale is usually good but it baffles me that these teams look like they don't know anything about a running football team, They looked about as bad as the DC schools that used to come into Greenway every year for a beatdown.
I still Think Mountain Ridge will beat them but wouldn't be surprised if FH wins a low scoring game if that defense stands up like they have the past few weeks.
I honestly do think Covid the past few seasons has made football bad everywhere.
Frankfort is much worse than I thought

FH made Oakdale look bad, Oakdale is a good team. Allegany can beat Northern, should be a good game. FH will beat Ridge, I think they will run away with it.
Same here smash 20 + points on them and they will shut up! Since they got this win last spring they think there big stuff even though it didn’t count.. who cares

Same here smash 20 + points on them and they will shut up! Since they got this win last spring they think there big stuff even though it didn’t count.. who cares
I haven't seen a MR fan on here say anything about destroying Fort Hill. Maybe I missed it or you are making it up. But anyway I have a question for you. How will your life change after Friday regardless of who wins this game?

I don't live in the area so I couldn't tell you what is being said about the game in the Mountain Ridge community. I am sure that there is excitement about the game. As there should be.

This is the best team that Mountain Ridge has fielded since the school opened. They did have some good teams in the first five years, but none were as good as this year's team, and that is with all due respect to those teams.

I can tell you that 100% the Mountain Ridge football team, its coaches, and anyone associated with the program that has half a brain isn't going around town stating that they are going to beat down Fort Hill by 20+ points. They all have the ultimate respect for the Fort Hill program.

If you find someone going around town saying that Mountain Ridge is going to thrash Fort Hill by 20+ points due us all a favor and direct them to a hospital for evaluation. They clearly have a few marbles loose.

For anyone to diminish the Mountain Ridge victory over Fort Hill in the Spring is absolutely absurd. Are you trying to tell me that Fort Hill didn't want to win that game? They didn't want to keep the streak alive? They wanted to be the first team in school history to lose to Mountain Ridge? C'mon man!

With all that being said, I am hoping for a great game on Friday night, and I am pretty sure that these two teams are going to deliver that to the fans. Hopefully it won't be the last time that we see this matchup this season.

Good luck to both teams. Let's go Mountain Ridge!

I haven't seen a MR fan on here say anything about destroying Fort Hill. Maybe I missed it or you are making it up. But anyway I have a question for you. How will your life change after Friday regardless of who wins this game?
Lol. It won’t affect me but I am pumped for the game!

I don't live in the area so I couldn't tell you what is being said about the game in the Mountain Ridge community. I am sure that there is excitement about the game. As there should be.

This is the best team that Mountain Ridge has fielded since the school opened. They did have some good teams in the first five years, but none were as good as this year's team, and that is with all due respect to those teams.

I can tell you that 100% the Mountain Ridge football team, its coaches, and anyone associated with the program that has half a brain isn't going around town stating that they are going to beat down Fort Hill by 20+ points. They all have the ultimate respect for the Fort Hill program.

If you find someone going around town saying that Mountain Ridge is going to thrash Fort Hill by 20+ points due us all a favor and direct them to a hospital for evaluation. They clearly have a few marbles loose.

For anyone to diminish the Mountain Ridge victory over Fort Hill in the Spring is absolutely absurd. Are you trying to tell me that Fort Hill didn't want to win that game? They didn't want to keep the streak alive? They wanted to be the first team in school history to lose to Mountain Ridge? C'mon man!

With all that being said, I am hoping for a great game on Friday night, and I am pretty sure that these two teams are going to deliver that to the fans. Hopefully it won't be the last time that we see this matchup this season.

Good luck to both teams. Let's go Mountain Ridge!
Very well said sir. Respect is not given it is earned an after years of not winning over Fort Hill, being a Fort Hill graduate alumni and former player I’ve played against some really good mountain ridge teams myself I have always had respect for the Frostburg area those boys up there are just bread different and they will fight to the bitter end on every last game , and in every game I’ve watched since graduating mountain ridge wants that win every time, I’m not a huge fan of the mountain ridge seating situation at the stadium however their stadium is absolutely beautiful and whenever you go to their house and play it is its own atmosphere just like Greenway but it’s a football field back in the cornfield so essentially what I’m getting to is if Fort Hill doesn’t want it as bad as Mountain Ridge then Mountain Ridge will come away with the win and if Fort Hill doesn’t respect the talent that they have this year They will shoot their self in the foot and walk away with their tails between their legs . Talent doesn’t always win it and heart doesn’t always win it but when you have talent and heart you can be unstoppable and that’s what I think us Cumberland folk have to worry about this mountain ridge team . Go big red!

ADVERTISEMENT