Jefferson 34, Spring Mills 7
Martinsburg 26, Highland Springs VA 25
Frankfort 67, Berkeley Springs 26
Keyser 35, Robert C Byrd 13
Fort Hill 69, Southern Garrett 0

Addition to the finals list from today
N.Hagerstown 42 Tuscarora 6

Last edited:
Washington County football is really struggling this year as is winless Catoctin getting beat by TJ tonight. I thought Smithsburg would go 0-9. Beating South Hagerstown is really a a shocker.

All Finals:

Mountain Ridge 31, Allegany 0
Brunswick 21, Boonsboro 13
Pocahontas County 21, Petersburg 12
Saint James 41, Williamsport 13
Thomas Johnson 27, Catoctin 20
Clear Spring 8, Northern Garrett 46
Frederick 63, Wheaton 7
Oakdale 34, Middletown 19
Smithsburg 15, South Hagerstown 14
Jefferson 34, Spring Mills 7
Martinsburg 26, Highland Springs VA 25
Frankfort 67, Berkeley Springs 26
Keyser 35, Robert C Byrd 13

That Oakdale win is considered an upset by Fred. co folks.

Well you all didnt miss much in Washington county. Dumpster fire of a game in Boonsboro. 4 turnovers, no offense, just terrible. I think the whole county is down this year. I dont know if its because they missed so much football in the past year or what, but it is bad. Middletown after a loss at Oakdale, that will be fun

Well you all didnt miss much in Washington county. Dumpster fire of a game in Boonsboro. 4 turnovers, no offense, just terrible. I think the whole county is down this year. I dont know if its because they missed so much football in the past year or what, but it is bad. Middletown after a loss at Oakdale, that will be fun
What is up with Smithsburg beating South Hagerstown? Would this not be considered an upset? I did not expect this one.

Reactions: JONGO
What is up with Smithsburg beating South Hagerstown? Would this not be considered an upset? I did not expect this one.
Most definitely. SH beat Tuscarora but the Titans don’t seem to have a good team this year. It could just be a down year for the Rebels. Either way, didn’t see Smithsburg beating them.

So far I see Allegany, Mountain Ridge, Fort Hill and Northern all making the playoffs, with Brunswick, Boonsboro, Williamsport, and Smithsburg joining them in the 1A West.

That is assuming they don’t change the playoffs and have everyone make it. Which almost looks to be a certainty at this point. Has anyone heard an update since earlier this week on this?

Dumpster fire is a pretty good way to describe that and sadly, Boonsboro still had plenty of chances to win the game. Brunswick was pretty conservative offensively in the second half because well, they knew Boonsboro wasn’t going to be able to move the ball much less score. Both of Boonsboro’s lines were getting blown off the ball, much like they were against Allegany. Just a very ugly 2 weeks overall and it’s just going to get worse next week.
I think I will be taking in Linganore-Oakdale LOL!

Reactions: JONGO
Have to hand it to Nova...he predicted Fort Hill wouldn't score 84.....but 69 ain't bad, huh?
None of that matters because FH only beat Nothern 17-7 during Week #1 and a “now” 2-1 4A school last week. You know, a 4A school in MD that isn’t very good - kinda like Jefferson in WV. (Old Mill 2009 and 2011 MD 4A state champions and a team that finished 10-3 and won three 4A playoff games in 2019 prior to losing to eventual state champion Wise in the semi-finals).

Therefore, due to the previous, the fact FH only beat Southern 69-0 and not 84-0, and the FH coaching staff has changed since 2019, FH has already been deemed not very good this year.

Games are won and lost on the field - not on a message board.

Last edited:
Great post here MC. I remember 3 years ago when FH had a shaky start but won games early, the board lit up with all the things wrong with the 2018 Sentinels…in those Sentinels last 6 games the offense scored 268 points and the 1st D gave up 8 points and is the only team in the Appel era to win a title with Dunbar in 1 A. Those are the facts.

None of that matters because FH only beat Nothern 17-7 during Week #1 and a “now” 2-1 4A school last week. You know, a 4A school in MD that isn’t very good - kinda like Jefferson in WV. (Old Mill 2009 and 2011 MD 4A state champions and a team that finished 10-3 and won three 4A playoff games in 2019 prior to losing to eventual state champion Wise in the semi-finals).

Therefore, due to the previous, the fact FH only beat Southern 69-0 and not 84-0, and the FH coaching staff has changed since 2019, FH has already been deemed not very good this year.

Games are won and lost on the field - not on a message board.
I don’t understand why everyone thinks MR is a power house this year. So what if FH only put 69 points on the board and MR put 84 on the board. Let’s get to the facts... FH creams MR every year. Just because they beat FH last spring when stuff didn’t matter they think they are top dogs. THERE NOT...and they will not beat FH in a few weeks.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks MR is a power house this year. So what if FH only put 69 points on the board and MR put 84 on the board. Let’s get to the facts... FH creams MR every year. Just because they beat FH last spring when stuff didn’t matter they think they are top dogs. THERE NOT...and they will not beat FH in a few weeks.
My original post -
So FH beat Northern by ten points, yet you think FH beats MR by three td's...are you seeing something from FH that the rest of us haven't seen in the first two weeks? Also, MR scored 84 points against Southern, there is no way FH will do that. I think it's way too early to give this FH team too much credit, this is not the same team of the last decade, or at least the same coach.

There is nothing in this post that says MR is a power house or they will beat FH. I made a prediction, which ended up being right, merely as a suggestion that FH might not be 3 td's better than MR. I also said it's not the same coach, I didn't say he was better or worse. Chaney's first season was incredible, and we all know what happened after that. There didn't seem to be any passive aggressive bs from Alco 65 to whom I asked the question...it seems like some people are way too sensitive if you aren't all in on FH. ...relax.

My original post -
So FH beat Northern by ten points, yet you think FH beats MR by three td's...are you seeing something from FH that the rest of us haven't seen in the first two weeks? Also, MR scored 84 points against Southern, there is no way FH will do that. I think it's way too early to give this FH team too much credit, this is not the same team of the last decade, or at least the same coach.

There is nothing in this post that says MR is a power house or they will beat FH. I made a prediction, which ended up being right, merely as a suggestion that FH might not be 3 td's better than MR. I also said it's not the same coach, I didn't say he was better or worse. Chaney's first season was incredible, and we all know what happened after that. There didn't seem to be any passive aggressive bs from Alco 65 to whom I asked the question...it seems like some people are way too sensitive if you aren't all in on FH. ...relax.
No I got you on your point.. I’m just saying in general from what I’m seeing on other sights about MR being a power house this year and going 8-0 blah blah blah... I don’t think so.

Washington County football is really struggling this year as is winless Catoctin getting beat by TJ tonight. I thought Smithsburg would go 0-9. Beating South Hagerstown is really a a shocker.
It was indeed. I hope MR shows mercy

yes definitely an upset, but the county is really down so it is honestly any given week with these teams and the way they perform.

ADVERTISEMENT