ADVERTISEMENT

Official Predictions for Fort Hill vs Douglass

20Trap

Junior Varsity Reader
Aug 31, 2018
Fort Hill 21-0. Two really great defenses, but I think the special teams and field position are gonna play huge roles. Douglass doesnt seem to have a good kicker that will force FH to drive 80 yards, while FH does have that and I dont see Douglass driving 80 yards to score on FH

It's all about when the rain will start. I think midday, 90% chance of a 1/4" during the game.

FH will not complete a pass and Douglas will only complete a few. Both teams have good defenses so nobody accomplishes much.

King kicks two field goals close in while Douglas scores once on a FH turnover but misses the conversion.

FH wins in overtime on a field goal: 9 - 6.

FH wins 24-12. No way Fort Hill will lose to a 1A team that doesn't pass the ball.

If FH plays amped up like they have been and do not commit stupid penalties which they have improved on majorly, except for the blindsides (wow, do I hate this new rule), FH 31-6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gr8silverback
The Douglass Defense is likely to be both more athletic and physical than Morgantown or Holidaysburg both of which held FH under 20. I don;t believe this game will be decided by more than a TD and doubt that there will be more than 3 TD's combined. Lots of punts and Kings FG's for the difference.

FH - 13
Douglass - 6

Reactions: GenSneaky
17-12 FH.

FH does better against the run than passing, we know that. But of the run styles that FH has the least experience; it is the read option. I think Douglass gets the ball first and marches the read option right down the field. Maybe even going togthe locker room up 12-7. FH makes some adjustments at the half, comes out to march the 2nd half first drive down for a TD, and hold the rest of the game on defense.

A Danny King fg rounding out the scoring.

FH 30 Douglass 13
okay folks, douglass has not given up more than 14 all year, they gave up 12 once, the rest were single digits. That inlcuded some 4a schools that are notoriously good teams. is everybody thinking that the fh style will just confuse douglass because nobody would ever run the ball 99% of the time so they'll continuously defend like fh is a normal team and just get pounded? i really hope you are all right but fh scoring a lot of points is very doubtful. If I'm wrong I will happily admit it!

Reactions: Rob_o76
They got an 8-7 Win over 2-7 Northwest, they beat a few Big Name Schools from the Past but to me that's it!!
They are 8-4
They have not played any Team that will Run the Ball right at them and be so physical that they will be hurting before halftime.
The Cherry on Top for me is THEY CAN'T SCORE...
I believe FH will Rush for 250+ and Douglass will Turn the Ball over 4+ Times...
I was being nice with my prediction, I know all the others have it closer, I actually think it will be much worse than that prediction. 43-6

Reactions: camper21502
They got an 8-7 Win over 2-7 Northwest, they beat a few Big Name Schools from the Past but to me that's it!!
They are 8-4
They have not played any Team that will Run the Ball right at them and be so physical that they will be hurting before halftime.
The Cherry on Top for me is THEY CAN'T SCORE...
I believe FH will Rush for 250+ and Douglass will Turn the Ball over 4+ Times...
I was being nice with my prediction, I know all the others have it closer, I actually think it will be much worse than that prediction. 43-6
I don't see Northwest on their schedule. I see 8-1 4A Suitland which they lost to by 1 point. Where did you see the Northwest score at?

okay folks, douglass has not given up more than 14 all year, they gave up 12 once, the rest were single digits. That inlcuded some 4a schools that are notoriously good teams. is everybody thinking that the fh style will just confuse douglass because nobody would ever run the ball 99% of the time so they'll continuously defend like fh is a normal team and just get pounded? i really hope you are all right but fh scoring a lot of points is very doubtful. If I'm wrong I will happily admit it!

I hope that we’re not just hoping. Lol. That’s a great point. I hold out hope that FH will be able to pass if they have too like they did in the barn burner of a game at sherando a couple years ago

yeah it was Northwestern, Northwest is Always Good. lol
My Point is they didn't even Score Points against Bad Teams.

yeah it was Northwestern, Northwest is Always Good. lol
My Point is they didn't even Score Points against Bad Teams.

All of us hope FH does as well as you predict..... but having not seen any vid on the Dunbar game, we do know that they dropped 20 points on them and shut Dunbar down. This was no lame effort. Teams can have bad games. Consider FH against Southern in their first game.... then, consider the second game.

I think the rain, if it comes as projected will dominate the game.

This should be a very good game.

Yes, Douglass has only allowed a maximum of 14 points in any game this year. Keep in mind Fort Hill has only given up a maximum of 12 points in any game, too. However, the maximum the FH starters have given up is 9 points in the 16-9 win at Southern.

Sure, one can argue that Douglass has played better teams and lost in close games, but one can never be certain about the quality of opponents in PG County from year to year. For example, the Potomac team of yester-year was phenomenal. This year’s Potomac team lost to Dunbar in the second game of the season 24-0. They came back a week later and beat Douglass 6-0.

My point in sharing this is there are many uncertainties in making the claim that Douglass has played overall better competition.

During some years it would be very safe to say they do. During other years it would be safe to say they don’t. Yet, there are other uncertain years, and this could be one of these years.

Then again, projections don’t count...that’s why they play the game.

Lest we forget the Northwestern game was played on the last week of the regular season, in terrential rain, poor field conditions. Proving again that weather and field conditions are great equalizers.

Last edited:
Lest we forget the Northwestern game was played on the last week of the regular season, in terrential rain, poor field conditions. Proving again that weather and field conditions are great equalizers.

FH has played half their season in the rain......FH offense week 14 is not FH offense week 1 1/4 and 2 1/4.......

FH puts a running clock on them 38-0.Douglass scores on the backups and misses 2pt. conversion to make it 38-6... Appel rushes his starters back in hopes of reclaiming that running clock but they run out of time...
Final FH 38 Douglass 6

I think Fort Hill wins this one in a close game 17 - 14. I don't think there will be a running clock this time around. This game will be close to the end and may come down to a field goal. For the other Saturday game, I think Oakdale wins 35 -14. No running clock in this one either but I think Oakdale will have an easier time than Fort Hill. Go Sentinels and Bears!

FH puts a running clock on them 38-0.Douglass scores on the backups and misses 2pt. conversion to make it 38-6... Appel rushes his starters back in hopes of reclaiming that running clock but they run out of time...
Final FH 38 Douglass 6

Dunbar/FH is still on YouTube from last year. Watch the second half again. FH can run over teams that play ironman football. But Dunbar didn't wear down last year. I suspect that Douglass has the bricks on both sides of the ball in that they stopped Dunbar this year.

The question is whether we are impressed with FH's current blowouts to overlook the quality of FH's team last year and how it matched up to Dunbar. If memory serves, Dunbar hadn't had a massive turnover from last year. I don't think we can easily dismiss this Douglass team as just another bum-of-the-week 1A blowout.

I think Fort Hill wins this one in a close game 17 - 14. I don't think there will be a running clock this time around. This game will be close to the end and may come down to a field goal. For the other Saturday game, I think Oakdale wins 35 -14. No running clock in this one either but I think Oakdale will have an easier time than Fort Hill. Go Sentinels and Bears!
Good Luck in your schools 1st State Championship Game.. It's also Glenelgs 1st time being there. Both schools are unbeaten with very good defenses. It should be an exciting game..

Reactions: OakdaleFootball
Dunbar/FH is still on YouTube from last year. Watch the second half again. FH can run over teams that play ironman football. But Dunbar didn't wear down last year. I suspect that Douglass has the bricks on both sides of the ball in that they stopped Dunbar this year.

The question is whether we are impressed with FH's current blowouts to overlook the quality of FH's team last year and how it matched up to Dunbar. If memory serves, Dunbar hadn't had a massive turnover from last year. I don't think we can easily dismiss this Douglass team as just another bum-of-the-week 1A blowout.
I dont think Douglass is a pushover. I just think this FH team is much better than what most people think and they are playing their best football right now. FH will create turnovers with that defense and they will pound the rock and wear them out. The only way this game is close is if FH loses the turnover battle. I believe Douglass got lucky last week in a game Dunbar wins 9 out of 10 times. It reminded me of the 1st FH Southern game where the Sentinels could have lost but showed how much better they were than Southern in the rematch.. A running clock might be going too far lol but I could definitely see a 24-6 type of victory for the Sentinels. If FH gets them turnovers than yeah it could be a running clock.

Good Luck in your schools 1st State Championship Game.. It's also Glenelgs 1st time being there. Both schools are unbeaten with very good defenses. It should be an exciting game..
Thank you. Hopefully Oakdale can get it done this year. Just a little information about Oakdale as I'm sure many do not know much about the school..This is Oakdale's I believe 8th year in existence. The first year they opened they only had 9th and 10th grade students so they only fielded a Freshman and JV team. The second year they were open they fielded a Varsity team but did not win a game in the tough Frederick County League as they didn't have seniors in school yet. I believe this is the 5th consecutive year that they have made the state football playoffs. They've had some bad luck in football as far as timing of moving back and forth between 2A and 3A. The year they moved up to 3A from 2A they blew Walkersville out only to see Walkersville advance to the 2A State Championship game and lose to Patuxent a team that Oakdale scrimmaged and killed that year. They lost to the State Champ Damascus in the 3A playoffs that year. Then last year they dropped back to 2A. Linganore won the 3A last year and Oakdale easily handled them when they played. Oakdale's only losses last year were to the defending State Champ Walkersville who lost to another defending State Champ Damascus in the Regional Playoffs. Damascus ended up winning the 2A last year. Oakdale easily could have 2 state championships if it did not move back and forth between 2A and 3A. I guess timing is everything! Oakdale and Coach Stein have built a really quality football program in the short time they have been around.

Reactions: camper21502
I’m really looking forward to the Oakdale game too. I was amazed when I first heard the score of the Oakdale Linganore game this year. Good luck. I’ll guess the score at 28-13 for Oakdale

Reactions: OakdaleFootball

I'm glad to see we're on the same page, hopefully the staff and team are seeing things like us. If fh pulls this off I think it will much easier to say they won a championship by beating a quality team. I admit the Douglass of Baltimore and HDG championships were not really that surprising or impressive. They beat the team that was put in front of them but arguably they were just not in the same league. Douglass of PG County is way above those teams.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see we're on the same page, hopefully the staff and team are seeing things like us. If fh pulls this off I think it will much easier to say they won a championship by beating a quality team. I admit the Douglass of Baltimore and HDG championships were not really that surprising or impressive. They beat the team that was put in front of them but arguably they were just in the same league. Douglass of PG County is way above those teams.
The stand up comedy is in full swing today.

I'm glad to see we're on the same page, hopefully the staff and team are seeing things like us. If fh pulls this off I think it will much easier to say they won a championship by beating a quality team. I admit the Douglass of Baltimore and HDG championships were not really that surprising or impressive. They beat the team that was put in front of them but arguably they were just in the same league. Douglass of PG County is way above those teams.

. I admit the Douglass of Baltimore and HDG championships were not really that surprising

I clearly recall that it was a forum consensus that FH was in a league all by itself those years. But I would also call those wins impressive. I hope that Douglass of PG County is better than those teams and to have gotten by Dunbar suggests that they are. I just hope it is a hell of a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT