ADVERTISEMENT

No wonder Keyser dropped FH

Tucker County beats Moorefield. Pendleton over East Hardy. All four of the teams Frankfort has beaten, none of them has won a game yet.

Moorefield, East Hardy and Smithsburg are uncharacteristically down. Moorefield down last year, East Hardy only this year, Smithsburg for a few years. Berkeley had a winning record last year but Berkeley being winless this early is not out of the norm. The meat of Frankfort’s schedule lies ahead.

On the radio Biser said, their starting fullback didn't play and their second fullback didn't play second half. They played second half without a fullback

Good comeback for Keyser tonight. Ironically, they replaced Fort Hill with RC Byrd who beat them last week.
Yes they did, 20-14...last year fh beat keyser 59-0...who would you rather play.
It's not just the loss, it's the way fh beats a team like keyser. When you have a team down, and there is no way they can come back, even if it's early in the season and your players need time...you don't need to keep starters in and beat somebody 59 - 0. If you think you do, then you end up exactly where FH has been for years, struggling to find teams that will play them. It's not good sportsmanship.

Yes they did, 20-14...last year fh beat keyser 59-0...who would you rather play.
It's not just the loss, it's the way fh beats a team like keyser. When you have a team down, and there is no way they can come back, even if it's early in the season and your players need time...you don't need to keep starters in and beat somebody 59 - 0. If you think you do, then you end up exactly where FH has been for years, struggling to find teams that will play them. It's not good sportsmanship.

You mean like some of these scores the last several years:

Keyser 67 Frankfort 7
Keyser 67 Petersburg 15
Keyser 53 Hampshire 12
Keyser 57 Petersburg 7
Keyser 62 Berkeley Springs 12
Keyser 59 Berkeley Springs 0

Don't feel sorry for Biser on the scoreboard ever. Hypocritical to do so.

So if FH keeps their starters in to get them work it’s poor sportsmanship and running up the score but if FH pulls their starters mid way through the 2nd quarter like they did the first 5 games of last year then people like you will be the first to come on here and wonder if the starters can play 4 quarters when they have to.

Another point. What’s FH supposed to do when their up 42 or 49 and already have their second and third teams in and are continuing to score? As they supposed to just take 3 knees and punt?

I believe it was bobby Bowden that gave the famous “it’s not my job to keep the score down, that’s your job” quote.

I have discussed this with Coach Biser, several times. I can assure you a score being run up on him has nothing to do with scheduling. He has been clear that it's his and his teams' job to keep the other team from scoring. Keyser dropping FH had much more to do with playoff points, seeding and a better path to a home playoff than any loss.

Keyser 67 Frankfort 7
Keyser 67 Petersburg 15
Keyser 53 Hampshire 12
Keyser 57 Petersburg 7

don't see where i said i felt sorry for biser, i said can you blame him or anybody for not wanting to get beat 59 -0. Hypocritical would be for fh to drop somebody who whoops their but and then expect teams they destroy to keep them on.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I have discussed this with Coach Biser, several times. I can assure you a score being run up on him has nothing to do with scheduling. He has been clear that it's his and his teams' job to keep the other team from scoring. Keyser dropping FH had much more to do with playoff points, seeding and a better path to a home playoff than any loss.
couldn't disagree if he said that, but the point was made it's ironic they lost and my point is, so what, if you think losing 20-14 is the same as losing 59-0 then i bet you aren't the coach losing 59-0.
If his philosophy is play lesser opponents, get more points, get home field, isn't that what fh's answer to all the people that question their schedule?

Last edited:
So if FH keeps their starters in to get them work it’s poor sportsmanship and running up the score but if FH pulls their starters mid way through the 2nd quarter like they did the first 5 games of last year then people like you will be the first to come on here and wonder if the starters can play 4 quarters when they have to.

Another point. What’s FH supposed to do when their up 42 or 49 and already have their second and third teams in and are continuing to score? As they supposed to just take 3 knees and punt?

I believe it was bobby Bowden that gave the famous “it’s not my job to keep the score down, that’s your job” quote.
if your defense is to accuse me of saying i come on here wondering if people can play 4 quarters then you are reaching. I think the more players rest the better it is when the end of the season comes, sorry can't help you on that one.

if your defense is to accuse me of saying i come on here wondering if people can play 4 quarters then you are reaching. I think the more players rest the better it is when the end of the season comes, sorry can't help you on that one.
Maybe it came across as an accusation, it’s your interpretation but I did ask you what I thought were some honest questions on what FH should do if their up big in a game. With your opinion on blow outs being poor sportsmanship, I was curious of your response.

Maybe it came across as an accusation, it’s your interpretation but I did ask you what I thought were some honest questions on what FH should do if their up big in a game. With your opinion on blow outs being poor sportsmanship, I was curious of your response.
I posted about a week ago that I was concerned our fb would not make it thru an entire season with our style of play. If he plays half a game and somebody else plays the rest I think he'd be primed for the playoffs. I think the 2nd and 3rd playoff games last year took more than a toll on the entire team, and by the 2nd half of the dunbar game they just didn't have anything left. It is just my interpretation but I'd have all starters out and the backups playing way more than this staff does. It not only gives your backups experience in case somebody goes down, but it prepares you for the next season so the old "we're so young, we're so inexperienced" excuses become unnecessary.
I only saw one question - the answer to that for me is of course not, but I also remember last year wondering why the starters were still in the game against Keyser and I'm not talking about the 2nd quarter, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't the 2nd and 3rd string getting many of those points.

You are correct. I was responding to a post that hinted otherwise, that running up the score was the reason Keyser dropped FH.

My issue with Keyser - among others - is that they play FH in all sports and play the youth league in football games. Wish they would disappear completely.

Keyser 67 Frankfort 7
Keyser 67 Petersburg 15
Keyser 53 Hampshire 12
Keyser 57 Petersburg 7

You make a good point..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT