ADVERTISEMENT

no score after 1

foreverredandwhite1

Junior Varsity Poster
Feb 27, 2018
Two penalties, a timeout as they couldn't get enough men on the field, and we're only thru one quarter.
Start of the 2nd, another timeout since nobody can figure out who is supposed to be in the game and would've gotten a penalty for too much time.
FH recovers own fumble but loses yardage, very sloppy.
Danny King kicks 54 yarder....WOW
Another motion penalty on FH.
Holding penalty FH.

Last edited:
He does it again. 47 yard FG... 6-0 FH
Another fh error, fumble right before the half.
This is really a very predictable half in my opinion. Hate to say I told you so...oh hell no I don't.
First drive of second half, three penalties on this drive so far...really?
King punts...23 yards....not impressive as the field goals.

Last edited:
My goodness... how sloppy. Hard to believe this is a FH team this far with such mental mistakes.

Wow. From the sound of it, Southern's for real. Wish I could've made it up to Oakland for this one.

This game is a perfect example of why FH *must* learn to pass effectively - or die trying. Kudos to Danny King for, once again, saving FH's bacon - at least up to the half.

From the other thread, sounds like Boonsboro is a possible contender, too.

FH's defense will keep them probably undefeated through the regular season but the offense will keep them from seriously making a run in the playoffs. Polar opposite with Allegany

This is ludicrous
And again fh has dominated and one play is all it takes for them to be behind.
And qb fumbles again...now do we put the backup in?
Great - to make matters worse an unsportsmanlike penalty. Undisciplined!
Another reason why kicking field goals instead of going for it on fourth and 2 is not always the best option. One play and they are now tied.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the lack of discipline is obvious. It has been showing a little more each year. Too many unsportsmanlike penalties.
And another mouthy fh player gets an unsportsmanlike penalty. No repercussions for this behavior is why it continues.
Two plays later, another penalty.
Ten total so far...let's go for a record guys!
For the third time in the game a timeout because they can't get the play off in time.

Reactions: 52 to victory
Mark Manges is not liking these penalties and he is calling them out!
he might want to call the coaching staff out...enabling is bad anytime!
a field goal inside the 5 on 4th and 2? dear lord what has happened to the sanity? are you saying if you don't get it you're afraid southern is going to drive 98 yards? wow, i know the offense sucks but i thought we had confidence in our defense.
another dead ball foul..would have been 4th and 21...ugly.

Last edited:
Southern's passing game is either spectacular or FH's pass defense is crappy (as usual). I think it's both.

And, yes, need to bench any player jawing after a play. There's no room for that crap.

FH with a huge break on an unsportsman penalty otherwise they wouldve had to punt.. could cost southern the game.. Why are these kids so undisciplined???

Southern's passing game is either spectacular or FH's pass defense is crappy (as usual). I think it's both.

And, yes, need to bench any player jawing after a play. There's no room for that crap.
People have been saying this is fh's best defense and best db's in years...when Southern's passing game causes fh that many problems imagine what Dunbar could do. maybe lay about 45 on them.
Don't be fooled by how good you think Southern might be...as pathetic as FH was tonight they still won.

Last edited:
People have been saying this is fh's best defense and best db's in years...when Southern's passing game causes fh that many problems imagine what Dunbar could do. maybe lay about 45 on them.
Don't be fooled by how good you think Southern might be...as pathetic as FH was tonight they still won.
I think Southern waited too long to fully unleash their passing game. Had they forced FH to adjust more to the pass, they win this game. That's, of course, without me seeing (only hearing) the game. Even so, I think Southern just needs to adjust their offensive game plan to favor the pass - even short ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT