Joppatowne 26 Patterson Mill 19

My top 5 are
Fort hill
Dunbar
Gwynn park
Fairmont heights
Catoctin
Not necessarily in in that order.

I’m a FH guy, but it is what it is. I have a few people that come to my place of work that are from the PG/Mont. County area that follow high school football down there and word is Gwynn Park is by far the best team in 1A this year, some say they could compete for the 2A Crown this year with Douglass. I’m not stirring the pot, just listening to outside sources that I run into. Just passing the gossip around.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Well, after watching tonight's game, FH definitely isn't #3 in all of 1A. Dunbar, and from what others are saying, are a distant #1 & #2 with possibly Catoctin as #3. I'm not sure anymore if FH is in the top 5. Any team with a decent QB and a receiver that can catch will destroy them.

That Brunswick QB has to be one of the top, if not *the* top, in 1A.

I’m a FH guy, but it is what it is. I have a few people that come to my place of work that are from the PG/Mont. County area that follow high school football down there and word is Gwynn Park is by far the best team in 1A this year, some say they could compete for the 2A Crown this year with Douglass. I’m not stirring the pot, just listening to outside sources that I run into. Just passing the gossip around.
Douglas barely beat Fairmont heights. Don’t sleep on them

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Can Boonsboro hang with Catoctin again? That was a 43-36 shoot out in Week 1. I don't see it but was curious how far Boonsboro and Catoctin may have come since that first game.

Well, after watching tonight's game, FH definitely isn't #3 in all of 1A. Dunbar, and from what others are saying, are a distant #1 & #2 with possibly Catoctin as #3. I'm not sure anymore if FH is in the top 5. Any team with a decent QB and a receiver that can catch will destroy them.

That Brunswick QB has to be one of the top, if not *the* top, in 1A.
One thing to remember, there have been a lot of qb's over the years that give fh trouble, that doesn't make them the best at anything. FH has a weakness at defending elusive/quick/power qb's. Sometimes a weak defense makes somebody look way better than they are. Yes, he broke tackles, but would he have broken those tackles with last years defense?

One thing to remember, there have been a lot of qb's over the years that give fh trouble, that doesn't make them the best at anything. FH has a weakness at defending elusive/quick/power qb's. Sometimes a weak defense makes somebody look way better than they are. Yes, he broke tackles, but would he have broken those tackles with last years defense?
Last year he wouldn't have finished the game

FH has a history of making okay QBs look phenomenal. Gabe Sherrod anyone?

Can Boonsboro hang with Catoctin again? That was a 43-36 shoot out in Week 1. I don't see it but was curious how far Boonsboro and Catoctin may have come since that first game.

I was wondering the same thing but do not see it this game. I think Catoctin is focused and wins this game by two TD's

They must be from PG/Mont County because the only time in the history of the MPSSAA playoffs a team from PG/Mont County won a 1A state title was 1999 Forestville.

Will this be the year someone other than Dunbar or FH win a 1A title for the first time in 10 years? The short answer is NOPE.

They must be from PG/Mont County because the only time in the history of the MPSSAA playoffs a team from PG/Mont County won a 1A state title was 1999 Forestville.

Will this be the year someone other than Dunbar or FH win a 1A title for the first time in 10 years? The short answer is NOPE.

Yeah, MoCo hasn't had a 1A team in a while. Poolesville was the last one in the early 2000s. 1A ball isn't typically a topic of conversation in MoCo for that very reason.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT