ADVERTISEMENT

MPSSA Authorizes Start of High School Fall Sports

It will be good to see high school sports but Hogan has completely blundered this

Yep.... late to the party. If it were so important, as he now claims, he should have moved on this weeks ago. He's such a squish.... trying to straddle the fence.

Reactions: 2Panther
but School Supt say NO

Ugh.... they claim to appreciate the 'emotional toll' on the students..... but..... but..... but.... they already got their free time planned out... and besides they're getting paid anyhow... so fug' the kids.

This is an educational holocaust. Instead of a gas chamber; it's a gaslighting. Time for another 'never again' consensus.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
seems WV is having so many games canceled. Berkeley Springs game is canceled tomorrow night. I don’t know why, just guessing

I agree with LAG above that Hogan has completely screwed this up. He just folded to the pressure of catching hell and said " oh they can play now" so the monkey is off his back. The reality of the situation is that this is too little too late. If you can't play a game until Oct 27. That would have been nearly the end of the regular season in a normal year. Hell up in Garrett County, they may have a foot of snow by mid November. Do the local BOE across the state stay the course with the "original" plan and play abbreviated seasons in the spring? I guess we will see. If the individual counties aren't on the same plan some teams could be left with nobody to play. We have already missed the boat with the WV teams.

I agree with LAG above that Hogan has completely screwed this up. He just folded to the pressure of catching hell and said " oh they can play now" so the monkey is off his back. The reality of the situation is that this is too little too late. If you can't play a game until Oct 27. That would have been nearly the end of the regular season in a normal year. Hell up in Garrett County, they may have a foot of snow by mid November. Do the local BOE across the state stay the course with the "original" plan and play abbreviated seasons in the spring? I guess we will see. If the individual counties aren't on the same plan some teams could be left with nobody to play. We have already missed the boat with the WV teams.

I'm really suspicious of the timing of this announcement. They are planning a big rally tomorrow in Annapolis to get high school sports reinstated. I think Lying Larry was trying to get ahead of the story.

Reactions: 2Panther
The problem with this announcement is that there is no sports timeline. For example, some counties may play soccer this fall, others next spring. WTF? There won't be any options in WV or PA so if you are not playing MD schools you are out of luck.

I asked the MPSSAA if we could start football on Oct 27 and play all the way through next March? Why can't we? Because the MPSSAA has no timelines now. They are leaving up to each county to decide what is best for them. Montgomery County isn't so concerned because they have 27 public schools and can all play each other. If Allegany County can only play other county schools there are 3.

It's a long story for me and the info that I have. You can read it all on facebook. I have talked with most all parties involved. There is a meeting today between the supers of Garrett, Allegany and Washington Counties concerning athletics. Hoping dearly for a coalition between these 3 counties so we can all be on the same sports timeline. If we are not, every student-athlete is screwed.

I'm starting to lose it on Hogan fast. Either mandate the entire state be on the same plan or stop talking out of your backside. The metrics today are the same metrics as 60 days ago. Nearsighted fools as I predicted. The pressure from the parents became to great.

MUST ---- GET ---- ELECTED!

Don't be surprised if Allegany County decides to start playing football Oct. 7. Straight from the county head decision maker's mouth. You heard it here.

I'm starting to lose it on Hogan fast. Either mandate the entire state be on the same plan or stop talking out of your backside. The metrics today are the same metrics as 60 days ago. Nearsighted fools as I predicted. The pressure from the parents became to great.

MUST ---- GET ---- ELECTED!

Maybe Herr Hogan is thinking about running for a higher office since he is term limited as governor.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Allegany County decides to start playing football Oct. 7. Straight from the county head decision maker's mouth. You heard it here.

And..... maybe a rumor of a rail being lifted from an old track.... and... maybe there was a rumor of feathers being plucked and tar being heated. (Well.... WMD has some throwbacks...)

I need high school football in my life ASAP... so hopefully what Todd is hearing is what happens.

What are the teams doing currently? My understanding is they arent allowed to practice until 10/7. If that is true, how do they plan on playing games on that day without practice?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT