ADVERTISEMENT

Mid cycle reclass?????

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
It's July, and I was wondering if there has been any word on the mid-cycle reclass for football this year. I'm also interested in any talks to change the playoff system. I know the State was going to address both this summer but I don't know when.

I'm really hoping for a change in the playoff system. Personally, I like the nine game season with the top eight in each Region making the playoffs. I know, I Know, just about everyone will get a shot come week ten, but that's one less game that Fort Hill will have to come up with and the Regional teams that are trying to duck FH and sneak into the playoffs will not have any options. This might also force the FH/ALCO game into a better week. I'd like to see it being week 1 or 5. With week 1, it could be referred to as a "Kick off" classic, and then both schools could have their own Homecomings later in the year with other teams. I think that money will be made with three big games instead of one, but that's my opinion. Now that I've gotten off topic......

Any word on the two events..........(Todd???)

Reactions: beall02
Calhoun has his beer clinched hand in on the reclassification mess too so its bound to be messed up. He's the opposite of Midas. Everything he drowns his beer in turns to sh!t.

Hey Mike stay out of a bar a few days a week and stop pushing your agenda. Everyone sees through your smile in peoples face and stab them in the back BS

Reactions: Harleydeuce
I believe Todd mentioned in an earlier post that this was being looked at and that if you consider the schools closing, no longer offering football, as well as a couple schools that got consolidated, there is really no way around not adjusting this year. If they don't the already watered down 1A will just become weaker. I did send an email to the MPSSAA in regards to this question just last week and was told and I quote... "The Classification Committee is in the process of taking a look at all of the sports and seeing where and if any adjustments will be need to be made for the upcoming year." As Todd pointed out in his post, there is no way they can get around it, other then just ignoring it since it is mid cycle.

I have not heard any word on the playoff conversation if there is even one being had.

According to their Scout Report, the committee gave three possible playoff schemes at their spring meeting. One was the nine week schedule with the top eight teams in each region playing on. Another was to seed the top three in each region and fill in the fourth spots with the highest point getters. The third was to just seed the teams from 1 to 16. At that time, the Board handed it back to the committee and said present one.

Hope they just get it over with and go to a straight 1 through 16 format.... If there is one thing wv ever got right it's their playoff system...

Reactions: towpath94
Wouldn't it be refreshing to see Maryland take some positive steps in football playoff for once!

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT